Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGoodbye pals - Page 3 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Goodbye pals

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
SAM_I_AM
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Goodbye pals - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye pals   Goodbye pals - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 1:54 pm

Hey guys, May I throw some things into the equation?

I am new to this forum and I will be honest and state that I have been reluctant to post on some of the topics because they look like they already have enough influence in regards to the posts from members... As with any forum on the world wide web people do befriend the mods/admin in order for stature which is why I think forums should be run by independent mods/admin who don't have such an active role involvement with the users... This would lead to less people following trends of the mods/older posters... It is mainly the younger ones who seem to be vocal/not so positive or productive, but they are young so they can't be blamed for joining in...

If mods/admin actively run and are involved with the forum I personally think it would be worth while if they just deleted all the idiotic posts or unnecessary posts to help create a more rounded and welcoming forum and help maintain professionalism.

At the end of the day, I think its easy to say 'don't take things so seriously on forums because in general the majority are here for the hobby so everyone has something in common and we all gain something from been on such a forum - If we didn't, there wouldn't be much talk about fingerboarding'

In this world people like to aspire and one way of doing it mentally is by looking up to people who own companies, brand, names etc, hence why people become followers... There are more followers than pioneers in this world and thats what creates commerce... They both are a requirement for the ethos of continued growth of any industry. Fingerboarding is an entity which is self growing and also can be speeded up with such things like forums so we should expect the shit posts etc and just delete them if they have no real empirical relevance to the topic at hand.

If users of this forum feel there is any kind of 'gang mentality' then they should say, so it can be addressed from all angles - If your an open forum member it is your job to educate, entertain and keep peace within the family.... That is a good administrator and that will earn respect for all involved and even respect for the forum itself.

A good quote to conclude is:

'Only through suffering comes enlightenment'

Back to top Go down
BrorS
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
BrorS

Setup : none unfortunately

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye pals   Goodbye pals - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 2:19 pm

SeamusMcFlurry wrote:
"Living in the UK"?

Really? Like Ryan, Zink, Mikkel, Axel, Darian, MHC, Bakko...to name but a few?
I was in a bad mood when i reed this thread so i posted something that was completely wrong.
If i offended you, sorry.
Back to top Go down
callumfb95
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
callumfb95

Setup : Blossom 32.5
Trucks
Oaks

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye pals   Goodbye pals - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 2:55 pm

you are all keyboard warriors m8

Back to top Go down
appleyard14
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
appleyard14

Setup : wood, metal, urethane, condoms

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye pals   Goodbye pals - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 3:01 pm

Ollie wrote:
Wasn't trying to start a fight man! I tend not to voice my opinion a ton, especially if its negative. I try not to get involved. If something's not supported by others, why be the douche and be the only negative voice?

Why not? May as well be honest whether its negative or not. If people dont voice their opinions than no change ever happens. The fact that you think being honest will make you a douche is EXACTLY whats wrong. This is a forum, a place of discussion, where we have the freedom to express our opinions. But when it comes down to it, for some reason if someone posts something a little off the norm of what everyone else is saying or negative then they are labeled an asshole. Don't walk on eggshells and tell us what you think on the real!
Back to top Go down
SeamusMcFlurry
Supporter
Supporter
SeamusMcFlurry

Companies : Mars Hill Fingerboarding
Setup : Compiny 33.5 Final Test Deck
ACE V3
BRT Wides Jack Black
FF Team Editions
Substance Single Bearings

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye pals   Goodbye pals - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 4:14 pm

huggiemanbearpig wrote:
kyle ashley wrote:
see i told u u wood be back

Well after seeing how many people felt the same, for me to leave them here, would be unfair, and I realised how much i'd FUCKING MISS YOU ALL. Although With that positive note, I feel this needs to be said, in responce to Seamus, You speak with terms and pointless facts, such as "THIS IS NOT A MIDDLE SCHOOL". No it Isn't a middle school, it's a group of people who enjoy the same stuff, and used to ALWAYS get along, If you can't realise that and Respect other's feelings, just because yo hate when people whine about being "not popular" Which was never actually done,You should go to FFI you'll fit in just fine.
[list=1][*]

Sweetbabies said it was like a middle school, not me. And mate, I've been here longer than you and put a hell of a lot more time into this forum than you. People haven't ALWAYS gotten along. In fact, people have always argued to an extent, it was just a smaller group of more established members. Recently a LOT of people have joined in a short period of time, and it's changed the dynamic greatly. And you're the one who has a problem with the forum, so why is it me who has to go to FFI, eh?
Back to top Go down
SAM_I_AM
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye pals   Goodbye pals - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 4:23 pm

Words of wisdom:

Come gather 'round people
Wherever you roam
And admit that the waters
Around you have grown
And accept it that soon
You'll be drenched to the bone
If your time to you
Is worth savin'
Then you better start swimmin'
Or you'll sink like a stone
For the times they are a-changin'.

Come writers and critics
Who prophesize with your pen
And keep your eyes wide
The chance won't come again
And don't speak too soon
For the wheel's still in spin
And there's no tellin' who
That it's namin'
For the loser now
Will be later to win
For the times they are a-changin'.
Back to top Go down
Tomi
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye pals   Goodbye pals - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 5:03 pm

SeamusMcFlurry wrote:

And mate, I've been here longer than you

Not really, infact he has been here over 1 year longer than you tongue

I ignored this thread for a while because there was 4 pages and I couldn't be arsed to read through all the shit.

But this sucking up to mods/company owners is totally true at some level. The people who are saying that this isn't happening are part of this group. Ofcourse they are so active and nice here because they are respected. Not that I have nothing against these people, infact many of them are really nice.

Also these "wannabe mod" kids who are trying to become a mod by moaning about threads posted in the wrong section etc. are really pissing me off personally. It's mod's job to move the threads to the right sections and warn the people who posted them and so on. I admit, I used to be like this myself a while back too. There are also these kids who think that having a huge post count is making your internet penis huge and are just posting pointless stuff.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMcFlurry
Supporter
Supporter
SeamusMcFlurry

Companies : Mars Hill Fingerboarding
Setup : Compiny 33.5 Final Test Deck
ACE V3
BRT Wides Jack Black
FF Team Editions
Substance Single Bearings

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye pals   Goodbye pals - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 5:09 pm

^My bad, just noticed myself sad. Either way, that simply means he's less active than I originally thought.
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye pals   Goodbye pals - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 5:21 pm

Can anyone actually remember, or work out what this thread is about now? O.o
Back to top Go down
appleyard14
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
appleyard14

Setup : wood, metal, urethane, condoms

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye pals   Goodbye pals - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 5:22 pm

easily danny. Huggie is staying now and it has turned into a discussion about likes and dislikes about different trends and way things are going on within the forum.
Back to top Go down
Bobbernaut
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Bobbernaut

Setup : Homemade Mellow Wide Split
China Wides (Red/White)
No Comply's (Black)
CNC Bearing Wheels (Red)
China Foamtape (Black, duh)

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye pals   Goodbye pals - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 5:42 pm

SeamusMcFlurry wrote:
"Living in the UK"?

Really? Like Ryan, Zink, Mikkel, Axel, Darian, MHC, Bakko...to name but a few?
*ugh* hi happy *ugh*

Nah, sometimes I see people acting weird to mods, idk how to say it in English, but like "Hiii how are youu? Aaawh that sucks!" idk how to say it, but like doing really nice to the MODS....
Or to company owners sometimes too, but w/e

I still like this forum, it has changes, but I don't see this like a negative thing happy
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye pals   Goodbye pals - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 10:56 pm

Tomi wrote:
SeamusMcFlurry wrote:

And mate, I've been here longer than you

Not really, infact he has been here over 1 year longer than you tongue

I ignored this thread for a while because there was 4 pages and I couldn't be arsed to read through all the shit.

But this sucking up to mods/company owners is totally true at some level. The people who are saying that this isn't happening are part of this group. Ofcourse they are so active and nice here because they are respected. Not that I have nothing against these people, infact many of them are really nice.

Also these "wannabe mod" kids who are trying to become a mod by moaning about threads posted in the wrong section etc. are really pissing me off personally. It's mod's job to move the threads to the right sections and warn the people who posted them and so on. I admit, I used to be like this myself a while back too. There are also these kids who think that having a huge post count is making your internet penis huge and are just posting pointless stuff.
Maybe that's the exact reason why people care to talk to them? Not just becuase they make something or are a mod.Just an idea haha. I think the part of them owning a "compay" is just a part you guys choose to read too much into. Not trying to cal lyou out or anything Tomi it's just that part of your post is what I was thinking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye pals   Goodbye pals - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Goodbye pals

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3