Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalComments that piss you off - Page 2 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Comments that piss you off

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

Comments that piss you off - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comments that piss you off   Comments that piss you off - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 1:03 pm

WantSomeSlaw wrote:
So some comments that I see that I hate are "You should make a how-to video on how to do those tricks" and asking Mike Schneider "Mike, review the G14 shape."

I honestly don't see what's wrong with requesting a how-to video on some tricks. Most of the time, when I see cool tricks that I immediately want to learn, I just try to re-watch the video and learn it from intuition. But with some tricks, you need more than that.

What's wrong with asking Mike (or anyone) to review a new fingerboard product? A new product has less information about it around so it is better if that information comes from the one person whose knowledge of it is more than anyone else but also someone so respected and dedicated in fingerboarding. Sure, there would be some bias as he is the one that makes them but people will understand that and Mike doesn't only just promote his own decks.

blosom wrote:
i might just contact his sponsor and send them the message he sent me.

Please do.

Anyway, at this stage, I consider myself to be lucky to even get comments on my videos. Sure, some of them are just 1 word comments and most of them are quite short but I am grateful that I even get comments.

Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Comments that piss you off - Page 2 J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: Comments that piss you off   Comments that piss you off - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 1:21 pm

blosom wrote:
im not gonna mention names, but i got a message from someone who is sponsored.

this message was sent through the Blosom site to my email. the person in question, im guessing was very young, or is out for everything they can get.

basically they asked me if i would sponsor them alongside their current deck sponsor....so this person would have 2 deck sponsors.

thats just blatantly taking the pi55 IMO. not only does it show disrespect to his current sponsor, but do these people think they will get more free sh1t based on their subscribers list.

they did make a strong point they had 'lots' of subscribers, and the way the message was worded, it was like this point was his trump card into me saying yes.

but yeah, for me, its generally sponsor me.... or can i have free stuff.

I don't think Darian has a deck sponsor anymore.
Back to top Go down
WantSomeSlaw
Trade Moderator
WantSomeSlaw

Setup : What's a fingerboard?

PostSubject: Re: Comments that piss you off   Comments that piss you off - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 3:42 pm

Xi, what pisses me off about those comments is that there are already so many how-to videos and why make it more difficult for someone to have to make a how-to video, when there are already plenty out. For example, in vicious274's flatground video, someone suggested he do a how-to video on those tricks, when the tricks have many tutorials already.

Also, what I don't like about people asking a company owner to review their product (I'm going to use deck, because that is more relevant to my comment) is that they will give a biased opinion. I agree that Mike Schneider's would probably be the least un-biased out of all deck owners, but no matter what, it is still there. But I find hearing reviews from fellow fingerboarders is better, because they have nothing to prove by liking a product, so you really get the truth. Also, I don't know about you, but I would rather see amazing fingerboarders like Mike to more sessions than reviews haha.
Back to top Go down
Bobbernaut
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Bobbernaut

Setup : Homemade Mellow Wide Split
China Wides (Red/White)
No Comply's (Black)
CNC Bearing Wheels (Red)
China Foamtape (Black, duh)

PostSubject: Re: Comments that piss you off   Comments that piss you off - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 3:54 pm

Mikkel S wrote:
blosom wrote:
im not gonna mention names, but i got a message from someone who is sponsored.

this message was sent through the Blosom site to my email. the person in question, im guessing was very young, or is out for everything they can get.

basically they asked me if i would sponsor them alongside their current deck sponsor....so this person would have 2 deck sponsors.

thats just blatantly taking the pi55 IMO. not only does it show disrespect to his current sponsor, but do these people think they will get more free sh1t based on their subscribers list.

they did make a strong point they had 'lots' of subscribers, and the way the message was worded, it was like this point was his trump card into me saying yes.

but yeah, for me, its generally sponsor me.... or can i have free stuff.

I don't think Darian has a deck sponsor anymore.
LOLWUT was it Darian?? HAHA
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

Companies : BLOSOM

PostSubject: Re: Comments that piss you off   Comments that piss you off - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 4:18 pm

no it wasn't Darian...

also biased reviews get on my nerves.....every deck on the market is a 9.75 on all aspects of its performance/finish etc...all because the people writing the reviews are mates.

in this day and age the only way to trust a decks performance is based on trying it yourself, or go by how much acclaim said deck has in the scene.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Comments that piss you off   Comments that piss you off - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 6:14 pm

wow.. Mike Schneider on here, it really happened haha.
and not really any comments, just that sarcasm never seems to work over the internet.
Back to top Go down
WantSomeSlaw
Trade Moderator
WantSomeSlaw

PostSubject: Re: Comments that piss you off   Comments that piss you off - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 6:50 pm

Exactly my point Blosom. I trust normal fingerboarders more, because they are not necessarily chummy with the company owners.
Back to top Go down
Jay
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Comments that piss you off   Comments that piss you off - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 7:18 pm

I don't hate any comments, some may annoy me, but I try to ignore them or just reply back as dumb as I feel the comment was. Only thing that kinda irks me is when a whole group is involved in a video and only the person who uploaded it gets the credit, but it's not the end of the world.
Back to top Go down
http://backwoodscreep.tumblr.com/
WantSomeSlaw
Trade Moderator
WantSomeSlaw

PostSubject: Re: Comments that piss you off   Comments that piss you off - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 7:22 pm

Jay, what do you mean by that? Like if you do a sesh with Mike and Sam, and you upload it, and you only get the credit?
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Comments that piss you off   Comments that piss you off - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 7:33 pm

THIS COMMENT HAS BEEN CURSED ONCE YOU START READING YOU CANNOT STOP.
You are now cursed. You must copy and paste this on or you will be killed. Tonight at 12:00am, by Mickey Mouse. This is no joke. So don't think you can quickly get out of it and stop reading it now because Mickey Mouse will come to you if you do not copy and paste this on. He will slit your throat and your wrists and pull your eyeballs out with a fork. And then hang your dead corpse in your bedroom cupboard or put you under your bed. What's your parents going to do when they find you dead? Won't be funny then, will it? Don't think this is a fake and it's all put on to scare you because your wrong, so very wrong. Want to hear of some of the sad, sad people who lost their lives or have been seriously hurt by this comment?

CASE ONE -
Annalise Richmond :She read this comment. Rubbish she thought. She ignored it. And now, Annalise dead.

CASE TWO -
LouiseWhitefield: She re-pasted this 4 times and when she woke up in the morning her wrists had deep lacerations on each. Luckily there was no pain felt, though she is scarred for life.

CASE THREE -
Thomas Crowley: He re-pasted this to 5 people. Big mistake. The night Thomas was lying in his bed watching T.V. The clock shows '12:01am'. The T.V misteriously flickered off and Thomas's bedroom lamp flashed on and off several times. It went pitch black, Thomas looked to the left of him and there he was, Mickey Mouse standing in white rags. Blood everywhere with a knife in his hand then disappeared. The biggest fright of Thomas's life.

Warning... NEVER look in a mirror and repeat -'Mickey Mouse.Mickey Mouse. Mickey Mouse... I KILLED YOUR SON' Is it the end for you tonight! YOU ARE NOW CURSED We strongly advise you to re-post this comment. It is seriously NO JOKE. We don't want to see another life wasted. ITS YOUR CHOICE... WANNA DIE TONIGHT? If you re-paste this comment...

NO TIMES - You're going to die.

1-5 TIMES - You're going to either get hurt or get the biggest fright of your
life.

5-15 TIMES - You will bring your family bad luck and someone close to you
will die.

15 -25 OR MORE TIMES - You are safe from Mickey Mouse

These.
Back to top Go down
WantSomeSlaw
Trade Moderator
WantSomeSlaw

PostSubject: Re: Comments that piss you off   Comments that piss you off - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 7:47 pm

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
Back to top Go down
kiwi95
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer

Setup :

PostSubject: Re: Comments that piss you off   Comments that piss you off - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 8:03 pm

i ignore alot of this now because i get so much of it.Like i just re added the contact form to my site because of it. like kids saying can you sponsor me im good. i just ignore them, or people claim they bought a deck from me and i ask for the transaction # and they lie about it, or saying they didnt get the deck i sent when i have the tracking # . or when people ask to review a deck and i don't reply, mostly people that want something for nothing makes me mad. nothing else really i guess . i just wish people would ask me question on the contact form about my deck , not for sponsoring or free stuff, but hey what can you do, it give me something to do when im bored
Back to top Go down
huggiemanbearpig
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
huggiemanbearpig

PostSubject: Re: Comments that piss you off   Comments that piss you off - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 9:32 pm

THIS COMMENT HAS BEEN CURSED ONCE YOU START READING YOU CANNOT STOP.
You are now cursed. You must copy and paste this on or you will be killed. Tonight at 12:00am, by Mickey Mouse. This is no joke. So don't think you can quickly get out of it and stop reading it now because Mickey Mouse will come to you if you do not copy and paste this on. He will slit your throat and your wrists and pull your eyeballs out with a fork. And then hang your dead corpse in your bedroom cupboard or put you under your bed. What's your parents going to do when they find you dead? Won't be funny then, will it? Don't think this is a fake and it's all put on to scare you because your wrong, so very wrong. Want to hear of some of the sad, sad people who lost their lives or have been seriously hurt by this comment?

CASE ONE -
Annalise Richmond :She read this comment. Rubbish she thought. She ignored it. And now, Annalise dead.

CASE TWO -
LouiseWhitefield: She re-pasted this 4 times and when she woke up in the morning her wrists had deep lacerations on each. Luckily there was no pain felt, though she is scarred for life.

CASE THREE -
Thomas Crowley: He re-pasted this to 5 people. Big mistake. The night Thomas was lying in his bed watching T.V. The clock shows '12:01am'. The T.V misteriously flickered off and Thomas's bedroom lamp flashed on and off several times. It went pitch black, Thomas looked to the left of him and there he was, Mickey Mouse standing in white rags. Blood everywhere with a knife in his hand then disappeared. The biggest fright of Thomas's life.

Warning... NEVER look in a mirror and repeat -'Mickey Mouse.Mickey Mouse. Mickey Mouse... I KILLED YOUR SON' Is it the end for you tonight! YOU ARE NOW CURSED We strongly advise you to re-post this comment. It is seriously NO JOKE. We don't want to see another life wasted. ITS YOUR CHOICE... WANNA DIE TONIGHT? If you re-paste this comment...

NO TIMES - You're going to die.

1-5 TIMES - You're going to either get hurt or get the biggest fright of your
life.

5-15 TIMES - You will bring your family bad luck and someone close to you
will die.

15 -25 OR MORE TIMES - You are safe from Mickey Mouse
Back to top Go down
Tom B.
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Tom B.

Setup : Weca Tie-Dye
BRT Wides
FF BRT Ed.
Slim & Catchy
Witchcrafts

PostSubject: Re: Comments that piss you off   Comments that piss you off - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 9:44 pm

Some comments are just way too fucking stupid to even waste an intelligent and non-sarcastic commet on. So I just reply something pointless. Example:

ldragomaster579 2 days ago
YOURE THE GAYEST PIECE OF SHIT EVER NO FUCKING STYLE AT ALL

Me:
fastfingers17 2 days ago
touch my bum.

ldragomaster579 2 days ago
GAY YOU DOUCHE'S SHOULDNT RESPOND TO THIS I WILL NOT VISIT THIS AGAIN BUT YOU DO FUCKING SUCK CHODE SO PEACE OUT BITCHES

fastfingers17 1 day ago
Sometimes I like to lie in bed and pretend I'm a carrot.

If my videos get you this badly butthurt, then don't watch them lol. tongue 
Back to top Go down
Daloof
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daloof

Companies : O.G. Decks
Setup : Tech deck flip with super slippy fome tape
Freestyle fb super whels
Hot rod fb trucks wit my bushin I made

PostSubject: Re: Comments that piss you off   Comments that piss you off - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 7:14 pm

MikeSchneider161 wrote:
GunnerBoser wrote:
I absolutely hate getting emails from 12 year old kids asking me to sponsor them. I CANNOT STAND IT. (I'm usually pretty rude as well afterwords, haha)
Don't be rude to them, its totally not fair. Theyre not doing anything mean and they clearly don't know any better and are just trying to have fun with fbing. Being mean just turns them away from fbing  instead of welcoming them to a friendly environment, either explaining how it owrks or saying you arent sponsoring, or simply ignoring it.

Comments that piss me off are just ones where kids assume things that aren't true, its kinda funny but really stupid.

I guess rude isn't really the word. Maybe, very blunt, is a better way of describing it? The most blunt I've ever been was this, and I think it was the day I got like three emails about the same thing:

Hello,
My Name is Louis I am 14 and I am interseted in being into your team to support your company a lot.

My YT-Channel is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMbxlc3NMloPPG00Wp6y5bw

Have a nice day wink
Louis

Me: No.

Other times I usually tell them that and that there is more to fingerboarding than sponsors, and that I would only really want to support someone with decks if they've already supported me by buying one. It usually depends on my mood when it comes to sponsor me emails.
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Comments that piss you off - Page 2 J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: Comments that piss you off   Comments that piss you off - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 8:19 pm

I never answer the "sponsor me" emails i get.
Back to top Go down
AxelWahl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AxelWahl

Companies : I own Weca bi$h
Setup : Weca
Blackriver trucks
Bawse wheels

PostSubject: Re: Comments that piss you off   Comments that piss you off - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 9:13 pm

Mikkel S wrote:
I never answer the "sponsor me" emails i get.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axelwahl
Zach
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
Zach

Setup : Weca
Blackriver trucks
Flatface wheels

PostSubject: Re: Comments that piss you off   Comments that piss you off - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 10:22 pm

Comments that piss you off - Page 2 971152_305313626281976_2085083420_n
Back to top Go down
Bobbernaut
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Bobbernaut

Setup : Homemade Mellow Wide Split
China Wides (Red/White)
No Comply's (Black)
CNC Bearing Wheels (Red)
China Foamtape (Black, duh)

PostSubject: Re: Comments that piss you off   Comments that piss you off - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 8:45 am

Zach wrote:
Comments that piss you off - Page 2 971152_305313626281976_2085083420_n
SO MUCH HATE IN 1 PICTURE! shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Comments that piss you off   Comments that piss you off - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Comments that piss you off

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2