Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalchoosing a new phone HELP Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

choosing a new phone HELP

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sputnicwarriors
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
sputnicwarriors

Companies : RIFUDG (RFDG)
Setup : SKOWOOD <3
BRR
WC
OAKS
FBS TAPE

choosing a new phone HELP Empty
PostSubject: choosing a new phone HELP   choosing a new phone HELP EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 3:45 pm

First of all my busget is around 300-400euros so i was thinking about the samsung galaxy s3 or s4 mini? any expieriences? advice other phones (no iphones! not worth the money very happy )
Back to top Go down
http://rifudg.bigcartel.com/
Eric_Best
Council
Council
Eric_Best

Setup : catfishbbq, brts, ff wheels, fbs

PostSubject: Re: choosing a new phone HELP   choosing a new phone HELP EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 3:47 pm

I have a bad experiece with the s3, i had it a little over a year and the battery had shit out and only lasted about 3 hours before i needed to charge it again. Also, it got much slower over time.
Back to top Go down
kyle ashley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
kyle ashley

PostSubject: Re: choosing a new phone HELP   choosing a new phone HELP EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 3:49 pm

dont waste that much money on a phone
Back to top Go down
sputnicwarriors
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
sputnicwarriors

BRR
WC
OAKS
FBS TAPE

PostSubject: Re: choosing a new phone HELP   choosing a new phone HELP EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 3:52 pm

Eric_Best wrote:
I have a bad experiece with the s3, i had it a little over a year and the battery had shit out and only lasted about 3 hours before i needed to charge it again. Also, it got much slower over time.
you mean that it get's laggy? and do you have any other options?
Back to top Go down
sputnicwarriors
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
sputnicwarriors

BRR
WC
OAKS
FBS TAPE

PostSubject: Re: choosing a new phone HELP   choosing a new phone HELP EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 3:54 pm

kyle ashley wrote:
dont waste  that much money on a phone
yeah thats not really helping me...
Back to top Go down
Eric_Best
Council
Council
Eric_Best

Setup : catfishbbq, brts, ff wheels, fbs

PostSubject: Re: choosing a new phone HELP   choosing a new phone HELP EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 3:57 pm

Yeah it gets really laggy, and freezes. I switched back to my iphone.
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: choosing a new phone HELP   choosing a new phone HELP EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 3:58 pm

The s3 is great, but my mum has the s3 Mini and within a few months it's already having problems, not sure if it's a similar case with the s4 mini though shocked

I have the HTC One S, it's definitely one of the best in it's price range. I've had it over a year now and not had any issues with the performance at all, it's been nothing but quick! It's also got beats audio, 1080p camera with a highspeed 120fps function, and some other cool shit very happy The only real downside of it could be that it runs on ICS rather than Jellybean, but there's no huge differences as far as I know? Depends how up to date you want it haha happy

You could also get the next step up from the One S which is the One X, it's got a bigger screen, a Quad-core processor compared to the S' Dual-core, and a few other upgrades.
http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=4574&idPhone2=4320

Both great handsets, just an idea for you happy
Back to top Go down
sputnicwarriors
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
sputnicwarriors

BRR
WC
OAKS
FBS TAPE

PostSubject: Re: choosing a new phone HELP   choosing a new phone HELP EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 3:59 pm

Eric_Best wrote:
Yeah it gets really laggy, and freezes. I switched back to my iphone.
yeah man i'm still thinking about an iphone 4s but it is still sooo expensive...
Back to top Go down
kyle ashley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
kyle ashley

PostSubject: Re: choosing a new phone HELP   choosing a new phone HELP EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 4:02 pm

iphone4 is not much at all u said u have 300 400 euros budget u can get one easy plus money to spare
Back to top Go down
sputnicwarriors
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
sputnicwarriors

BRR
WC
OAKS
FBS TAPE

PostSubject: Re: choosing a new phone HELP   choosing a new phone HELP EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 4:04 pm

Danny Hynam wrote:
The s3 is great, but my mum has the s3 Mini and within a few months it's already having problems, not sure if it's a similar case with the s4 mini though shocked

I have the HTC One S, it's definitely one of the best in it's price range. I've had it over a year now and not had any issues with the performance at all, it's been nothing but quick! It's also got beats audio, 1080p camera with a highspeed 120fps function, and some other cool shit :DThe only real downside of it could be that it runs on ICS rather than Jellybean, but there's no huge differences as far as I know? Depends how up to date you want it haha happy

You could also get the next step up from the One S which is the One X, it's got a bigger screen, a Quad-core processor compared to the S' Dual-core, and a few other upgrades.
http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=4574&idPhone2=4320

Both great handsets, just an idea for you happy
yeah my girlfriend has the s3 mini and dont like it spec wise but the s4 mini has much greater specs so yeah dont know...do like the whole android interface on the S3 and S4. not really fan of the older htc models but i do like the new htc one and htc one mini that is coming out...so difficult!! also don't know if an S3 is too big? coming from a nokia lumia 800...
Back to top Go down
sputnicwarriors
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
sputnicwarriors

BRR
WC
OAKS
FBS TAPE

PostSubject: Re: choosing a new phone HELP   choosing a new phone HELP EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 4:05 pm

kyle ashley wrote:
iphone4   is not much at all      u said u have 300 400 euros budget u can get one easy plus money to spare
if you can find a 4s 16gb in belgium for less please tell me happy need 16gb atleast...forgot to tell that!
Back to top Go down
DanielM
Supporter
Supporter
DanielM

Setup : サワーす

PostSubject: Re: choosing a new phone HELP   choosing a new phone HELP EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 4:32 pm

I love my s3 , there is an extended battery you can buy for it if you think you are going to use it a ton.
Idk anything about freezing or lag , had mine for about a year now and no problems.
Back to top Go down
Melvin A Thomas
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Melvin A Thomas

Companies : fingerboarding, robotic studies
Setup : Pure,tec deck independant trucks 32mm, susbatance Classic Reloaded.

PostSubject: Re: choosing a new phone HELP   choosing a new phone HELP EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 4:36 pm

Google nexsussususussu.
Back to top Go down
sputnicwarriors
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
sputnicwarriors

BRR
WC
OAKS
FBS TAPE

PostSubject: Re: choosing a new phone HELP   choosing a new phone HELP EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 4:45 pm

Zink wrote:
I love my s3 , there is an extended battery you can buy for it if you think you are going to use it a ton.
Idk anything about freezing or lag , had mine for about a year now and no problems.  
Yeah i can buy one for 350euros in belgium now but one thing what scares me a bit is the size? Do you find it too big? (I have long hands though)
Back to top Go down
DanielM
Supporter
Supporter
DanielM

Setup : サワーす

PostSubject: Re: choosing a new phone HELP   choosing a new phone HELP EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 4:53 pm

You get used to it really fast , its not huge , my inlaws have notes 2s and those are big lol
Back to top Go down
deejaydestroy
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
deejaydestroy

Setup :
-woob rlx
-brt wides
-witchcrafts
-oaks

PostSubject: Re: choosing a new phone HELP   choosing a new phone HELP EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 6:19 pm

If its not an iPhone, you're fuckin up!
Back to top Go down
kyle ashley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
kyle ashley

PostSubject: Re: choosing a new phone HELP   choosing a new phone HELP EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 6:21 pm

deejaydestroy wrote:

so true dee
Back to top Go down
sputnicwarriors
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
sputnicwarriors

BRR
WC
OAKS
FBS TAPE

PostSubject: Re: choosing a new phone HELP   choosing a new phone HELP EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 6:48 pm

kyle ashley wrote:
deejaydestroy wrote:
so true   dee
Dont get me wrong, i like iphones especially the design! But my wallet doesn't let me pay 200€ More for that apple logo...
Back to top Go down
BrorS
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
BrorS

Setup : none unfortunately

PostSubject: Re: choosing a new phone HELP   choosing a new phone HELP EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 6:50 pm

get one of ebay?
Back to top Go down
sputnicwarriors
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
sputnicwarriors

BRR
WC
OAKS
FBS TAPE

PostSubject: Re: choosing a new phone HELP   choosing a new phone HELP EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 6:53 pm

BrorS wrote:
get one of ebay?
My mom buys it on her bussines
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: choosing a new phone HELP   choosing a new phone HELP EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 11:27 pm

http://www.google.com/nexus/4/

as melvin said.
no network lock, works all over the world. £280 for a 16gb or cheaper for the 8gb. Literally the most amazing device I've ever had, it's powerful as fuck, can take a beating from skating and not even chip/scratch (obviously as with any device that's only to an extent, but still..), PLUS it looks gorgeous and as it's a nexus device is always updated to the latest version of android, AND it's not packed with any bloatware like the galaxy s2/3/4's version of android (which imo looks worse and performs worse).

Unless you're against android because you're only into ios, you cant get a better phone for the money, and even though it's 3/4 of a year old it's still very respectable spec wise. Sure no LTE but if you have to ask people what phone to get you're not going to notice whether you've got LTE or not, nor really gain any benefit from having it. Here in the uk HSPA+ is lighting fast, ca 20mbps in good signal off my nexus 4 on Three. Like fuck anyone needs more than that for facebook shocked
Back to top Go down
WantSomeSlaw
Trade Moderator
WantSomeSlaw

Setup : What's a fingerboard?

PostSubject: Re: choosing a new phone HELP   choosing a new phone HELP EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 9:53 pm

Wanna be the swaggiest kid on the block?
http://www.contentrules.com/images/old-cellphone.jpg
cool
Back to top Go down
Denied
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Denied

Setup : Woob cozy
Brt's
FF G4's
Chubz bushings

PostSubject: Re: choosing a new phone HELP   choosing a new phone HELP EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 10:40 pm

Nexus definitely a great option. I swapped from an s4 to an iphone 5 and I'll never go back to a galaxy. So if Iphone isn't an option go with a nexus.
Back to top Go down
sputnicwarriors
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
sputnicwarriors

BRR
WC
OAKS
FBS TAPE

PostSubject: Re: choosing a new phone HELP   choosing a new phone HELP EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 9:37 am

kerryDETH wrote:
http://www.google.com/nexus/4/

as melvin said.
no network lock, works all over the world. £280 for a 16gb or cheaper for the 8gb. Literally the most amazing device I've ever had, it's powerful as fuck, can take a beating from skating and not even chip/scratch (obviously as with any device that's only to an extent, but still..), PLUS it looks gorgeous and as it's a nexus device is always updated to the latest version of android, AND it's not packed with any bloatware like the galaxy s2/3/4's version of android (which imo looks worse and performs worse).

Unless you're against android because you're only into ios, you cant get a better phone for the money, and even though it's 3/4 of a year old it's still very respectable spec wise. Sure no LTE but if you have to ask people what phone to get you're not going to notice whether you've got LTE or not, nor really gain any benefit from having it. Here in the uk HSPA+ is lighting fast, ca 20mbps in good signal off my nexus 4 on Three. Like fuck anyone needs more than that for facebook shocked
Thanks kerry, definitly gonna keep that in mind:)
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: choosing a new phone HELP   choosing a new phone HELP EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 11:24 am

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details/Nexus_4_8_GB?id=nexus_4_8gb&hl=en_GB

News as of today.. google just dropped the price on these. the 8gb is now only £160 and only £200 for the 16gb?!?!?

you're mad if you don't go there bro. Sure the pricedrop is evidence to prove the nexus 5 is coming but every time you buy a phone it'll be superceded by a later model soon enough, that's the nature of the technology world. AND with a nexus device as soon as android 5.0 lands, it'll be on the nexus 4 anyway as nexus devices are always given the latest updates instantly, even if the device isn't the 100% latest device. Hardware isn't going to change THAT much, it'll just be a bigger screen and new software. When you get the software free.. snap up a bargain and get the nexus 4 for crazy cheap shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: choosing a new phone HELP   choosing a new phone HELP Empty

Back to top Go down

choosing a new phone HELP

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next