Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalQuick Questions - Page 38 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quick Questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Rens
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Rens

Quick Questions - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 38 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 1:57 pm

if you have a pair of brt's, use the smallest mounting screws you have to mount the baseplates.
when the baseplates strip with the smaller screws, use bigger ones until they strip and so on...
that way the baseplates won't immediately permanently strip.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Brigamini
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Uncle Brigamini

Companies : Witness. Fingerboards
Setup : Witness. 32mm
BRT Wides w/Beta Bushings
Oak RV2 Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 38 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 2:20 pm

Interesting. If it is true that black river trucks strip easier than YTrucks that will definitely play a factor in my decision. Using smaller screws at first does sound like a good idea no matter what kind of trucks you use.

I use Flatface G6 wheels. Will these go better with with either brand of trucks?
Back to top Go down
http://witnessfingerboards.bigcartel.com
jacobdonut
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
jacobdonut

Companies : JWPGFX
Setup : Skowood 33.5mm
Ytrucks x4's
Oak RV2's
Dislocation Bushings
Grand Tape

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 38 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 2:55 pm

Might sound weird, but do you guys use Ytrucks original mounting screws? When I got my set of Ytrucks (a couple of months ago) I couldn't set them up with their dedicated mounting screws, because they seemed to wide. It was impossible imo plus their tool is very uncomfortable. So I've been using standard tech deck mounting screws. Everything seemed fine, but after like 2 months, one baseplate seems to be stripped. sad Dunno what to do.
Back to top Go down
http://be.net/jwpgfx
Jack B.
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Jack B.

Setup : Berlinwood 33.3 Low
Winkler classics
TKY
BRT 2.0 Super Silver
FBS

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 38 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 3:56 pm

jacobdonut wrote:
Might sound weird, but do you guys use Ytrucks original mounting screws? When I got my set of Ytrucks (a couple of months ago) I couldn't set them up with their dedicated mounting screws, because they seemed to wide. It was impossible imo plus their tool is very uncomfortable. So I've been using standard tech deck mounting screws. Everything seemed fine, but after like 2 months, one baseplate seems to be stripped. sad Dunno what to do.
use old calculator screws, they are a little bit wider than td ones and cure stripped baseplates
Back to top Go down
kThumb
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
kThumb

Setup :
Woob rlx
Ytrucks/WCs
Subs
TNP

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 38 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 4:08 pm

Uncle Brigamini wrote:
I use Flatface G6 wheels. Will these go better with with either brand of trucks?

Only Blackriver edition wheels fit proper on BRTs. You can use non BRR ed. wheels on them, but in most cases you will have to tune it a little bit, like use washers/spacer, flip the locknut, use regular nuts etc.

jacobdonut wrote:

I use the original screws on regular Y's, when i buy raws, i use different screws. It's a little bit harder to set them up for the first time, cause as far as i've seen, the holes of the baseplates are not pre-threaded. So it doesnt matter which screws you use when you deflower them wink
If the baseplate is stripped, just try a bigger screw.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Brigamini
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Uncle Brigamini

Oak RV2 Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 38 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 4:32 pm

kThumb wrote:
Uncle Brigamini wrote:

Only Blackriver edition wheels fit proper on BRTs. You can use non BRR ed. wheels on them, but in most cases you will have to tune it a little bit, like use washers/spacer, flip the locknut, use regular nuts etc.

jacobdonut wrote:

I use the original screws on regular Y's, when i buy raws, i use different screws. It's a little bit harder to set them up for the first time, cause as far as i've seen, the holes of the baseplates are not pre-threaded. So it doesnt matter which screws you use when you deflower them wink

I did not know that. Do you know if Flatface wheels fit of YTrucks without any problems?
Back to top Go down
Jared
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Jared

Companies : birdslayer
Setup : birdslayer / creamy goo
brt
ff brr ed

woob rlx / creamy goo
brt / wc
winkler big daddyz

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 38 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 4:39 pm

Uncle Brigamini wrote:
kThumb wrote:
Uncle Brigamini wrote:

jacobdonut wrote:

I did not know that. Do you know if Flatface wheels fit of YTrucks without any problems?

Yes, any wheels will fit on ytrucks, thats one of the perks of them
Back to top Go down
Uncle Brigamini
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Uncle Brigamini

Oak RV2 Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 38 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 4:48 pm

Thanks a lot. Looks like I'm leaning towards YTrucks. One last question about trucks and then I'm done...I promise haha. Does it matter what size I get? I use a 32mm deck right now but I think my next deck I'm going to try 33. Should I go with wider trucks? Or is it all a matter of preference?
Back to top Go down
jacobdonut
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
jacobdonut

Ytrucks x4's
Oak RV2's
Dislocation Bushings
Grand Tape

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 38 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 5:55 pm

You can use 29mm trucks as well, but I find 32mm trucks for wider decks more comfortable. I fell as if I had better control over the board and it doesn't tend to overflip. happy

kThumb wrote:

Haha "deflower". Ok, gonna try. Thanks man. happy
Back to top Go down
neztek
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
neztek

Companies : Neztek Fingerboards Australia
Setup : NeztekFB 33.25mm. Deck
Y-Trucks X4 Tex Black
Winklers
Creamy Goo

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 38 EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 12:57 am

Get the 32mm trucks for sure,but as Jacobdonut said 29mm will work too.I use 29mm BRT's at the moment with a 32 mm deck.The 32mm trucks do feel better on a wider deck.
Back to top Go down
http://neztekfb.bigcartel.com
Uncle Brigamini
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Uncle Brigamini

Oak RV2 Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 38 EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 2:57 am

neztek wrote:
Get the 32mm trucks for sure,but as Jacobdonut said 29mm will work too.I use 29mm BRT's at the moment with a 32 mm deck.The 32mm trucks do feel better on a wider deck.

Thanks.

Also...just one last question. Does anyone know if there is a real difference between the x4 and x3 trucks?
Back to top Go down
BryanH
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
BryanH

Setup : Neztek Vulcan Custom
Brt's w/ Witchcrafts
G4's
Clean sheets

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 38 EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 3:10 am

X3's are 29mm and are heavier than the x4's which are 32mm.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Brigamini
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Uncle Brigamini

Oak RV2 Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 38 EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 4:30 pm

I know I said I was going to wait before buying good trucks but I decided to just splurge now and I bought YTrucks x4. So thanks a lot for everyone's help and input. Much appreciated!
Back to top Go down
movin-like-burnie
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
movin-like-burnie

Companies : Random Shit Inc.
Setup : New main. 2023 we on new shit now

32mm remio catfish saltwater
32mm brtz with level ups
Sadood spitfire 99A wheels
Doom lagoon paperz

Main.
Stock 2 Beastpants smoking cat.
Brt widez/Oringz
Mini Oaks
24k gold board rails
Fbs

Main #2
Aphlikshun (cruiser shape)
Brt widez/chubz
Rainbow Oak RV1s
Decade board rails
Fbs

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 38 EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 4:45 pm

You won't regret it^
Back to top Go down
Melvin A Thomas
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Melvin A Thomas

Companies : fingerboarding, robotic studies
Setup : Pure,tec deck independant trucks 32mm, susbatance Classic Reloaded.

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 38 EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 9:09 am

Does Blackriver trucks stays tight all the time while you're fingerboarding.
Back to top Go down
kingsalami
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
kingsalami

Companies : sloth boardrails (rip)
Setup : woob
brutal
wc

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 38 EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 9:53 am

Meaning do the nuts stay tight all the time? Yes, they do. The lockouts work perfectly as long as you don't have any stripped axles or kingpins.
Back to top Go down
http://slothboardrails.bigcartel.com/
Couch982
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Couch982

Companies : SIK Finger CO.
Setup : FF G14, Ytrucks X4, Ywheels, slim tape.

FF G12, Ytrucks X3, Oak RV, slim tape.

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 38 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 1:17 pm

Uncle Brigamini wrote:
Interesting. If it is true that black river trucks strip easier than YTrucks that will definitely play a factor in my decision.  Using smaller screws at first does sound like a good idea no matter what kind of trucks you use.

I never had Blackriver trucks but when I was in your spot making a choice. The things that made up my mind was the fact that the Blacks have issues with some wheels not fitting. im almost certain that Ytrucks fit any wheel and I personally like centralized bearing wheels. I also read that the base plate strips easy on the Blacks.

Also the Blacks are a bit heavier than the Ys so that can be good or bad.

I will probably try Blacks next just to try something new.
Back to top Go down
Couch982
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Couch982

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 38 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 1:23 pm

Uncle Brigamini wrote:
neztek wrote:

Thanks.

Also...just one last question. Does anyone know if there is a real difference between the x4 and x3 trucks?

other than being wider the x4 Ytrucks have a few more improvements over the x3. the x4 has a new hanger that is lighter, the king pin bolt is different and I think one or two other things.
Back to top Go down
callumfb95
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
callumfb95

Setup : Blossom 32.5
Trucks
Oaks

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 38 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 1:35 pm

Couch982 wrote:
Uncle Brigamini wrote:
neztek wrote:

Thanks.

other than being wider the x4 Ytrucks have a few more improvements over the x3. the x4 has a new hanger that is lighter, the king pin bolt is different and I think one or two other things.

Kingpins are flat/squared off for a better grind, mutch lighter because theve used less metal under the the truck if you take the hanger off you can see the axel, on the x3s you cant, also the base plates are improved so they are less likely the strip the threads.
Back to top Go down
Uncle Brigamini
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Uncle Brigamini

Oak RV2 Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 38 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 2:28 pm

Thanks guys. The more I hear about YTrucks the more I'm happy I decided to go with those for now. Seems like the right fit for me. Eventually I'll probably try BRT too because heavier trucks will give my second set up a different feel. But for now I'm excited for my YTrucks to ship
Back to top Go down
Couch982
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Couch982

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 38 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 4:15 pm

Is a yellowood deck worth the money? how is the Z4 shape compared to a FlatFace G14?
Back to top Go down
jacobdonut
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
jacobdonut

Ytrucks x4's
Oak RV2's
Dislocation Bushings
Grand Tape

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 38 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 7:12 pm

Is Motion Wheels FB based in the US?
Back to top Go down
olliemcsharry
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
olliemcsharry

Companies : Rocky Wax
Setup : DK Deck
Close Up Wheels
BRTs
FlatFace Users
FBS TAPE!

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 38 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 8:12 pm

I think so^
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockywax.bigcartel.com
Jared
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Jared

Companies : birdslayer
Setup : birdslayer / creamy goo
brt
ff brr ed

woob rlx / creamy goo
brt / wc
winkler big daddyz

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 38 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 9:16 pm

jacobdonut wrote:
Is Motion Wheels FB based in the US?
no. denmark i believe.

Couch982 wrote:
Is a yellowood deck worth the money? how is the Z4 shape compared to a FlatFace G14?
Not sure about z4's, but the z3 was a long deck. about 100mm. so if you like the shortness of the g14 then i would stay away of yellowood decks. but if length doesnt matter, yellowoods are 32mm and they have a really nice defined shape.
Back to top Go down
Couch982
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Couch982

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 38 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 7:08 pm

Jared wrote:

Couch982 wrote:
Not sure about z4's, but the z3 was a long deck. about 100mm. so if you like the shortness of the g14 then i would stay away of yellowood decks. but if length doesnt matter, yellowoods are 32mm and they have a really nice defined shape.

thanks for the help. I had a G13 before the G14 and that was 100mm I think. Im going to give them a try, cause I use everything else from them, other than witchcraft bushings and love the product. I seen the molds they use and I know it will be 100% as far as molds go.

what about concave and the tails on the z3 or z4 compared to the g14?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quick Questions   Quick Questions - Page 38 Empty

Back to top Go down

Quick Questions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next