Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalFingerboarding Confessions  - Page 17 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fingerboarding Confessions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
_jdfb
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
_jdfb

Setup : Beast Pants
YTrucks X4 United
China CNC's
Witchcrafts

Five Luck FB
YTruck X4 United
FlatFace Dual Duros
Teak Bubble Bushings

Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Confessions    Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 17 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 6:46 pm

Estevan Rivera wrote:

I'm 25 but I still run out and check the mail like a little kid everyday until I receive what I ordered lol

dude who doesn't?! I was in a wheelchair and I hopped right out of that thing trying to get to the mail box xD
Back to top Go down
Turnt
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Turnt

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Confessions    Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 17 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 9:08 pm

KapitalJ wrote:
AxelWahl wrote:
I hate all the people who wrote so much hate about a specific company in the beginning of this thread when they actually are not doing anything productive themselves and sits home and writes rude stuff about people on the internet.

There are loads of  rude people in the scene which kinda makes me not want to go on this forum sometimes, for example some of the people who wrote unnecessary hate towards a company

Other than that there are a lot of amazing people I have met on this site so thanks for that y'all and have a great day and stop the fucking hate and talk about positive shit instead

Most people find it easier to hate/be negative... ( it makes them feel tough)
It is a lot harder for some to praise or give praise to others...
It does get tiring trying to filter the negative, even for the most positive/happy people.
Axel, everything you do for fingerboarding is absolutely fantastic cherry
I hope you don't let the trolls get you down!

Have a great day man! afro

eddie Victory wrote:
its definatly good to give as much praise and encouragement as possible, but this is a forum for discussing fingerboards, i find sometimes people on here over react and take things too personally

Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 17 Yup-thumb
Back to top Go down
http://brutalfingerboards.bigcartel.com/
SteepHillFB
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
SteepHillFB

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Confessions    Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 17 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 11:35 pm

I honestly hate those people who go around and mooch off of other peoples products, ( ask for a free deck, etc.. )

I dislike those people who only want to be sponsored to get free stuff.

It makes me laugh that people are using rubber bracelets to make their own bushings & suddenly they need to start a company up.

I've never seshed an actual park.

I've owned like 5 sets of blackriver trucks in my time, only about 2 sets of y trucks lol

I love those people who fingerboard for fun, and not for free product.
Back to top Go down
Georgallidis
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Confessions    Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 17 EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 2:14 pm

I've lost 3 complete pro set-ups in my life (bw29+ytx2+ww, NABY+brt1.0+oaks1.0, NABY+brtw+oaks3). And yeah, it hurts.
Back to top Go down
g.fb
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
g.fb

Setup : lakewoods & woobs

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Confessions    Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 17 EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 3:49 pm

Im always in constant worry that if I leave any of my fingerboard stuff around then my mom or sister will throw it out or hide it.. Once my sister hid my fingerboard in a fake plant and I didn't have one for months until I saw it out of the corner of my eye. Of course she denied doing it, but how the hell does a fingerboard end up in a plant hmm hmm
Back to top Go down
meekin
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
meekin

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Confessions    Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 17 EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 4:28 pm

^^^^^ tell your fam to chill
Back to top Go down
DadeKing
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
DadeKing

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Confessions    Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 17 EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 4:49 pm

I have more fun fingerboarding at 21 than I ever did as a kid! Maybe its because I could actually buy what I want now
Back to top Go down
g.fb
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
g.fb

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Confessions    Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 17 EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 10:28 pm

meekin wrote:

they have a deep hatred for fingerboarding
Back to top Go down
DadeKing
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
DadeKing

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Confessions    Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 17 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 2:37 pm

g.fb wrote:
meekin wrote:

they have a deep hatred for fingerboarding

Is it the noise? My family used to trip about it and my brother used to hide my setups for that reason too. So then I just did it in my room or outside, I'd recommend hiding your setup too lol.
Back to top Go down
milk
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
milk

Setup : califingers
creamy goo
tdlb
oak wheels

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Confessions    Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 17 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 7:59 pm

I want to make decks again

like, I have no desire to actually fingerboard but the craft of making decks was so fun to me. I really can't think of other alternatives that involve woodworking with infinite creativity (i.e. graphics, colors, shape, etc). I also have some ideas on how to make decks that people actually want... not just your run of the mill standard shape with maybe a graphic or split ply. my job pays well so I can afford some equipment I'm missing. whether you guys want me to sell stuff or not, I'd love to give some decks to some people and sell maybe. many of you probably don't care, but we'll see what the future holds.

I guess I just miss making stuff.
Back to top Go down
Frostie
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Frostie

Setup : Woob RLX
BRTs
Winklers

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Confessions    Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 17 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 8:35 pm

Can't wait to see those dude!
Back to top Go down
_jdfb
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
_jdfb

Setup : Beast Pants
YTrucks X4 United
China CNC's
Witchcrafts

Five Luck FB
YTruck X4 United
FlatFace Dual Duros
Teak Bubble Bushings

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Confessions    Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 17 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 10:04 pm

milk wrote:
I want to make decks again

like, I have no desire to actually fingerboard but the craft of making decks was so fun to me. I really can't think of other alternatives that involve woodworking with infinite creativity (i.e. graphics, colors, shape, etc). I also have some ideas on how to make decks that people actually want... not just your run of the mill standard shape with maybe a graphic or split ply. my job pays well so I can afford some equipment I'm missing. whether you guys want me to sell stuff or not, I'd love to give some decks to some people and sell maybe. many of you probably don't care, but we'll see what the future holds.

I guess I just miss making stuff.
I'd buy a deck!
Back to top Go down
JessM
Supporter
Supporter
JessM

Setup : honeycomb, g6a's, fbs, td wides

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Confessions    Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 17 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 11:58 pm

I can't think of tricks to do in videos if my life depended on it. I ask people for suggestions for most of them. (<3 Trevor, Eric, Zac)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Manhoagie
Chris Daniels
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Confessions    Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 17 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 3:36 pm

I'm obsessed about kickflips. I want to land the perfect one. I actually spend most of my time focusing on kickflips now when I fingerboard. Everybody loves kickflips.

Edit: I watched this Japanese skateboard session on YouTube years ago. One of the guys has the best kickflip I've ever seen. Huge pop, super fast flick, and backfoot catch that was Michael Jordan-esque. It looked like the trick was caught as the board was still going up. Also, LizardKing's too. Ollie first then flick a tenth of a second later. Amazing. I've seriously spent years working on kickflips to make them look like that.
Back to top Go down
jacobdonut
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
jacobdonut

Companies : JWPGFX
Setup : Skowood 33.5mm
Ytrucks x4's
Oak RV2's
Dislocation Bushings
Grand Tape

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Confessions    Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 17 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 11:09 am

I've never had a new set of BRT edition wheels.
Back to top Go down
http://be.net/jwpgfx
Off3r
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Off3r

Companies : Coffee decks
Setup : COFFEEDECK-YT-YW

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Confessions    Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 17 EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 6:44 am

Fingerboarding is like pokemon, you gotta catch 'em all..
Back to top Go down
razpotnik
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
razpotnik

Setup : fuzion
china trucks
china wheels

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Confessions    Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 17 EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 8:18 am

i've never had a set of brts, ytrucks, tdlb
Back to top Go down
MapleLeaf
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
MapleLeaf

Setup : Berlinwood Xwide low
BRT wide
Flatface x Winkler
FBS
Sprinkle of fairy dust

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Confessions    Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 17 EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 5:21 pm

razpotnik wrote:
i've never had a set of brts, ytrucks, tdlb
But in your setup thing it says "brt wides"?
Back to top Go down
Turnt
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Turnt

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Confessions    Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 17 EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 6:24 pm

Ive been thinking about just going into the wild lol.. Like not coming back to cancer society ever. Trying to be patient and practice gratitude.. just become more sustainable where im at..
Back to top Go down
http://brutalfingerboards.bigcartel.com/
AmandaW
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AmandaW

Setup : Spectrum
BRT Wides
Grands
Witchcrafts

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Confessions    Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 17 EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 7:12 pm

I can not fingerboard for a week at a time and then pick it right up again and fingerboard for a couple of hours
Back to top Go down
g.fb
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
g.fb

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Confessions    Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 17 EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 10:26 pm

in total i have probably spent around $500-$600 on fingerboarding, but made about 75% of the money back because when i stop using decks or obstacles, i always sell them (sell my stuff and use the money to buy more stuff, lol). i obsess over obstacles, destroy them for about a month, and then get sick of them and never use them again. in those cases, i sell them. same with decks. if i get a new deck, i never use the old one again and always sell them. therefore, i don't find that i ever spend too much. one man's trash is another man's treasure!
Back to top Go down
DadeKing
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
DadeKing

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Confessions    Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 17 EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 7:36 am

^^It's crazy to think that isn't even that much for this hobby. I couldn't even guess how many setups/obstacles I've owned and sold over the years. And the best part about it is that you can resell pretty much anything and someone will want it.
Back to top Go down
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

Companies : Flatface my ass

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Confessions    Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 17 EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 2:52 pm

Ive hardly ever bought fingerboards..most of my stuff came from trading and borrowing friends boards they didnt use I love you
Back to top Go down
Sprite
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Sprite

Setup : Too many setups to even count!

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Confessions    Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 17 EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 9:42 pm

Confession- i hate when sucky fingerboarders talk the most shit in the scene
Back to top Go down
KapitalJ
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
KapitalJ

Companies : Kapital Krete
Setup :
Woob ~Relax~
BRT's
Witchcrafts
Dual Oaks
Cleen Sheets

Level Up
32mm BRT
Witchcrafts
Joycults
ToeJam

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Confessions    Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 17 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 11:23 am

I fuckin love seeing pics of other peoples parks.... especially concrete parks! drunken
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Confessions    Fingerboarding Confessions  - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fingerboarding Confessions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 17 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next