Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalchemistry trucks or TDLB trucks? - Page 2 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

chemistry trucks or TDLB trucks?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
NickRose
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
NickRose

Setup :

chemistry trucks or TDLB trucks? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: chemistry trucks or TDLB trucks?   chemistry trucks or TDLB trucks? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 5:32 am

I dont think people understand that theres actually a reason for shaping trucks other than for looks lol
Back to top Go down
alexander
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
alexander

PostSubject: Re: chemistry trucks or TDLB trucks?   chemistry trucks or TDLB trucks? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 5:35 am

NickRose wrote:
I dont think people understand that theres actually a reason for shaping trucks other than for looks lol
Back to top Go down
Bakko
Bakko

Companies : Primitive Decks Co.

PostSubject: Re: chemistry trucks or TDLB trucks?   chemistry trucks or TDLB trucks? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 7:48 am

Oh really..whoa..hold the press..new intelligence just came in  chemistry trucks or TDLB trucks? - Page 2 Bullshit lol..just fu*kin with you man. We all good

Paying extra for looks/performance modefications doesnt make em better bang for buck than TDLB "indys" with WCs over chemistry trucks tho, which kinda was the initial question at hand here and just my personal opinion. Others might not agree and thats fine..
Back to top Go down
Couch982
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Couch982

Companies : SIK Finger CO.
Setup : FF G14, Ytrucks X4, Ywheels, slim tape.

FF G12, Ytrucks X3, Oak RV, slim tape.

PostSubject: Re: chemistry trucks or TDLB trucks?   chemistry trucks or TDLB trucks? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 10:58 am

Bakko wrote:

Oh really..whoa..hold the press..new intelligence just came in  chemistry trucks or TDLB trucks? - Page 2 Bullshit lol..just fu*kin with you man. We all good

Paying extra for looks/performance modefications doesnt make em better bang for buck than TDLB "indys" with WCs over chemistry trucks tho, which kinda was the initial question at hand here and just my personal opinion. Others might not agree and thats fine..
agreed^
Back to top Go down
ron0505
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Setup : Berlinwood blue camo deck
Chemistry trucks
G6a wheels

PostSubject: Re: chemistry trucks or TDLB trucks?   chemistry trucks or TDLB trucks? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 1:30 pm

Does someone have a link to a TDLB INDY from ebay?
Back to top Go down
Couch982
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Couch982

PostSubject: Re: chemistry trucks or TDLB trucks?   chemistry trucks or TDLB trucks? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 2:14 pm

I gave you a link to the one you want at the beginning of this thread

here it is again but some one bought it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TECH-DECK-Fingerboard-Longboard-Black-Label-Pinstripe-/251827767998?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3aa21acabe

notice the optional grip tape in the package... that's how I know I got the right one.
Back to top Go down
ron0505
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Chemistry trucks
G6a wheels

PostSubject: Re: chemistry trucks or TDLB trucks?   chemistry trucks or TDLB trucks? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 2:17 pm

That is the indy one? I saw that one...
Back to top Go down
Couch982
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Couch982

PostSubject: Re: chemistry trucks or TDLB trucks?   chemistry trucks or TDLB trucks? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 2:23 pm

yeah that's the one with indys. just look at the packaging. that's how you can tell.

should have jumped on it they are getting rare. bounce
Back to top Go down
Bakko
Bakko

PostSubject: Re: chemistry trucks or TDLB trucks?   chemistry trucks or TDLB trucks? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 6:29 pm

Ive sent you some of the more hard to find links so no one snags it before you..

Last edited by Bakko on Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ron0505
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Chemistry trucks
G6a wheels

PostSubject: Re: chemistry trucks or TDLB trucks?   chemistry trucks or TDLB trucks? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 6:30 pm

Thanks
Back to top Go down
mauro cantuni
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: chemistry trucks or TDLB trucks?   chemistry trucks or TDLB trucks? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 1:30 am

KapitalJ wrote:
I think you would be better off with TDLBs.... Those look like 29mm with extended axels.... they do look nice....

new ones are 32mm

Back to top Go down
manny.sweatshirt
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
manny.sweatshirt

Companies : F1fingerboards
Setup : Pure 32mm
tdlb trucks
Teak tuning double stack
Green bkf wheels

PostSubject: Re: chemistry trucks or TDLB trucks?   chemistry trucks or TDLB trucks? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 2:23 pm

Why not get chemistys? They aren't bad and they have a lot of choices
Back to top Go down
Couch982
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Couch982

PostSubject: Re: chemistry trucks or TDLB trucks?   chemistry trucks or TDLB trucks? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 2:32 pm

manny.sweatshirt wrote:
Why not get chemistys? They aren't bad and they have a lot of choices

IM not sure if they do them in 32mm but all the pics I seen are 29mm and that is one reason I would say go with stock TDLB Indys.

If they are 32mm trucks with the Indy base plate... then I would go with Chems over TDLB indy. imo..

If the Chems don't have the indy baseplate.... then the TDLB indys are the way for sure cause the base plate is really what makes it.

maybe a 32mm Chem hanger on indy baseplate. cheers
Back to top Go down
Bakko
Bakko

PostSubject: Re: chemistry trucks or TDLB trucks?   chemistry trucks or TDLB trucks? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 6:53 pm

Couch982 is on point! TDLB hangers are also good to go straight out the box, and with a nice set of Witchcraft bushings anything else is total waste of cash in my opinion. I guess I just dont have the taste for random modefied and rebranded china wides. But sure, if it floats your boat and you are willing to spend the 20 euros for the modefied china wides go right ahead..
Back to top Go down
Concept
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Concept

Setup : Weca Pineapple
TDLB
White Oak Mini's
White beta bushings
Creamy Goo

Brutal 'Bomb Shape'
Rasta Ytrucks
White Oaks
Red beta bushings
Creamy Goo

PostSubject: Re: chemistry trucks or TDLB trucks?   chemistry trucks or TDLB trucks? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 11:38 am

I got a set of Chemistry's a while back and they are 32mm, nicely shaped but with plain, not Indy, baseplates. I really like them, the shaping is lovely (and far superior to red wolfs c4s, which is another source of shaped tdlb's). I decided to get them because I was sick of getting the wrong tdlb trucks online and none of the local stores stocked them. It is a pain in the arse getting the right tdlbs as tech deck have a deceptively wide range if products and a lot of ebay/amazon sellers send out at random :/

Bakko, could you pm me those links too please? I could do with a new set of trucks happy
Back to top Go down
Calico
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Calico

Companies : Calico Trucks
Setup : Kulture
BRT 1.0
Flatface brr edition
china shite

PostSubject: Re: chemistry trucks or TDLB trucks?   chemistry trucks or TDLB trucks? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 12:43 pm

I've always loved chemistry trucks, the shaping on them is really good, way better than anything I ever used to make, but the critical flaw with the ones I've had/used is that the hangers fall out really fucking fast..

just my .02 though, when you shape TD hangers that much, you're bound to de-stabilize the hanger. I've gone back and forth between pulling the hangers out and JB welding them back in, or just polishing the trucks with a nail file and low grit sandpaper, maybe shaping down the mold marks and the edges slightly but not changing the core design. That seems to be the common denominator in axels falling out across different brands/models of trucks I've seen reshaped. (Including my own lol)
Back to top Go down
manny.sweatshirt
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
manny.sweatshirt

Companies : F1fingerboards
Setup : Pure 32mm
tdlb trucks
Teak tuning double stack
Green bkf wheels

PostSubject: Re: chemistry trucks or TDLB trucks?   chemistry trucks or TDLB trucks? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 1:52 am

dont buy chemistry trucks, youll be lucky if they even come.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: chemistry trucks or TDLB trucks?   chemistry trucks or TDLB trucks? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

chemistry trucks or TDLB trucks?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2