Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalFingerboard mold help Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fingerboard mold help

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ushi
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
ushi

Companies : USHI.
Setup : Berlinwood Extra-Wide Deck
BRR 2.0 Wide Trucks/Winkler x BRR wheels.
FBS Extra Smooth

Fingerboard mold help Empty
PostSubject: Fingerboard mold help   Fingerboard mold help EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 2:28 am

Hey fellow fingerboarders,
Does anyone know anything about FB molds? I would love to get a mold similar to a BW 32mm low concave. Let me know if you guys can help!

Thanks,
Ushi
Back to top Go down
http://[url=http://www.instagram.com/ushiofficial]USHI'S INSTAGR
skatemaster231

Setup : D͐̏̋̐ͣ̐͊́͂̈́ͨ̏̋ͥ̆͑ͧ͘͜҉̺̙̹̞̗͚̤̻̫̼̳͖͔̩̤̘͇o̚­­̱̰̳̟̟̞̜̖̬̌ͦ͌͂ͦ̎̅ͫ̑͂ͦͩ́̚͢ ̴̮͍̲̖̖̤̯͎͎͋̈́ͫ̂̊̇ͤ̆̓̌ͫ̐ͣͣ̆ͬ͌̚͡y̆ͪͫ̉ͭ̅ͫ͊ͩ́­­̨̛̬̠̰̙̫̮̪̟͈̯̘͎̗́̀o̶̶̘̝͇̜̝͓̞͉̰̫͚ͣ̽̄̀ͅu͗̊­̏­̷̡͙̜̳̠͈͕̹͑̿͌̓̇̽͂̄͋ͯ͂̍ͣ̂̓̀͘̕ ̣̳̭̝̻̣̤̫̣̠̦̙̦̲ͣ͂̃ͦ̑ͦ̃͂ͣ̓̇͒̈͘͠t͒̎ͯ͐͂͛̏̈ͦ̐­­̴̼̖̫̞͔̺ͧͭ̅͊̾ͣ͒́̚̚͘̕h̬̖̙͙̰͖̺͛̾̐̃ͦͪ̏ͧ͌̓͘̕­͙­̟į̶̻͖̠̟͔̟̦̝̜̞̄̇̏̂ͨ̋͂̕͟͝nͨ͌͊̓̆̾͛̏ͬ̑̎̾̚­ͭͮ­̵̌ͫͩ҉̶̵̰̫̩̲͕̱̗͚͇̰ͅk͙̳̳͓̟̝̠̯̝̔ͧͤͩ̾̀͢͢͠­͙̻͙­̻̱̼͖ͅ ͥͫ͒ͧ̏ͯͮ̓ͬͯ̾̽̈̀ͥ́̀͘͠҉͈̩͍͔̲͖͔ț̶̛̛̅͌̋ͬ͌̄͜͞­­͎̜̜̰͙̰̝̝̦̪̜h̸̥͎̰̤̼̱̝̜̭̹͆̾̈̓̌ͮ̎̅̄̅͋̋̔̿̚̕­͖­̱̗̗̪̫̻i̡̩̬̰̹̩͓̩̣̱̗̹͑ͧ̾̿̂̚͟͡ͅs̐ͤͭ̐ͫ͋ͮ́҉­̢͏­̳̦̠͕̠͈̣͕̫͔̫͖͖̹̗̟͢ ̴̠͓̺̩̩̙̬̬͈̼̭̰͖̱̺̣̗̫̉͂ͪ̔̍̀ͫ̀̎̏̔ͯ̌̒̒ͩͧ́i͛͋­­̸̄̂͊͋͗͑͏͙̙͈̦͎̥̰̕s͂̍̑ͫ́̇͌̑̿̒ͦ̓̊͛̚̚̚҉́̕͞͡­̞­̟̣̻̲̜̫̺͉̠̬̥̙̜̪̭ ̧̖͔͕̹ͧ̐ͦ̎̊ͧ̽ͨͦ̒͐̀͞͡ͅaͦͦ̅̐͐ͥ͂̓̋͒̔̄ͣͤ͂͂͆͊ͬ­­̨̛͈̞̪̖͓̣̫̰̠̤̖̠͉̪͔͟ ̡̛̱̦̗̫̯̻͓̭ͦ͒̐̒̆̇̉̀p̡ͤͮ͛ͫ͋̽̄̎̑͑̈̉̒͛̎͋̿ͮ̓͠­­͏͚̮̖͖̫̦͙͎̭̜͇̺̻̩̹̕r̴̵̡̟͖̫̝̘̜̝͇̙̦̍̆̃́ͦ̚͘͢­̝­̪̞o̷̧͔̪͙͓͔͓̞̘̺̟͇̳͎̦̩̣̻̩ͮ̅͊̉̽̄̍̋͐ͥ̓́͐̚͢­͓b­̡̥̞̳̙̠̞̘͉̼̤̘̝ͨͣ͌ͥͤ̍̓ͩ́̈́ͨ̅̓ͧ̅͢lͭ̿͂͛̄͐̈­͗̑̓­ͭ͆̉͋ͩ̿̋̇͡͡͞҉͔̼̻̣̝̜̭̖͕̙͈͓̖ͅeͣ̂ͭͤ͑̏ͬͨ̓­҉̨̖͞­̼̹͉̹͈ͅm̛͛ͦ̾̉̋́̊͐͐̂̐̎̄ͯͤ̚҉̡̻̳̤̥̪͎̹͜ͅ­͔͉̝͍̫­͖̺͓̬͙?̥̣̼͇̟̰̙͉̜̌̊̔ͬ̔̊ͩ̍̂̐̂͐̌̋ͩͩ͛́͡­̦̟̥̬̩͕

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard mold help   Fingerboard mold help EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 3:01 am

Try out making a bondo mold first. There are a ton of tutorial on youtube which involve the use of a deck. I don't recommend trying to sell decks that were made with a mold that was clearly copied from a premade deck. If you're serious about making fingerboards search up NFBmolds. The owner Jim is good at what he does and he can help you design the shape and allow you to see how a deck would look if it were made form the mold. Just so you know Jim won't copy other companies shapes so I do recommend making your own molds first and get a feel of what you want your deck shape to be like.
Back to top Go down
g.fb
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
g.fb

Setup : lakewoods & woobs

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard mold help   Fingerboard mold help EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 4:48 am

if you're making decks for purely yourself, go ahead and make a bondo mold using berlinwood.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjeFw_pHpX0
follow the same process as this guy, except use cardboard as your outer casing to wrap around the board instead of a wood frame.

if you plan on selling decks, i wouldn't recommend having the same exact mold/shape as berlinwoods. typically, people would rather opt to buy decks from a well known company over a new one, even if your decks are a lot cheaper. there's some really good videos on youtube about how to make bondo molds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMo5Z6AuA34

i think the hardest part about making bondo molds is actually getting the shape you want without copying another deck. in the video linked above, a sander is used to create the shape. unless you really know what you're doing and you're good at math and measurements i wouldn't recommend making a bondo mold this way. your mold would have to be very precise because one screw up can mess up the whole project. i think your best bet is to try making a bondo mold (trial and error) and possibly use a paper deck as your template (once again not 100% precise but you can shape the paper board to however you want), buy a Gator mold (i think they're the same shape as china decks so not good for selling), or buy an NFB mold which is really expensive. good luck!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboard mold help   Fingerboard mold help Empty

Back to top Go down

Fingerboard mold help

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1