Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLock Nuts - Anyone Use Them? - Page 2 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Estevan Rivera
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Estevan Rivera

Companies : NPR Crete
Setup : Homewood Mid Shape
BRT 32mm
Joycult Wheels
Level Up "Beta Bushings"
FBS Tape

Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them?   Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 5:28 pm

The lock nuts SteepHill uses hold really nice but they don't work with td/brr tools
Back to top Go down
KathaFBS
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
KathaFBS

Companies : Fingerboardstore
Setup : Piratenholz 32mm
BRT's Wide
Oak Wheels
FBS extra smooth

PostSubject: Re: Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them?   Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 8:32 am

Would anyone be interested if a pack of 6 lock nuts would be 8-8,50€?
Or isn't it not much of a difference compared to the BR lock nuts for you guys?
Back to top Go down
http://www.fingerboardstore.de
meekin
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
meekin

PostSubject: Re: Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them?   Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 3:15 pm

i need some for my tech deck trucks, thats a fact
Back to top Go down
Bakko
Bakko

Companies : Primitive Decks Co.

PostSubject: Re: Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them?   Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 9:34 pm

@KathaFBS
I think what most people would be willing to spend is more like €5 for a set..
Back to top Go down
KathaFBS
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
KathaFBS

BRT's Wide
Oak Wheels
FBS extra smooth

PostSubject: Re: Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them?   Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 6:57 am

Bakko wrote:
@KathaFBS

Yeah I know but less than 1€ per locknut isn't impossible for me because I also need to pay a bunch of taxes as a business owner. I have the possibility to get some good lock nuts for a lower price on FBS.

What price would you guys consider reasonable for a pack of 6 lock nuts? - Considering that you support a fingerboard company.
(I have just noticed that this topic was about someone who wanted to place a bulk order privately)
Back to top Go down
Bakko
Bakko

PostSubject: Re: Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them?   Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 2:45 pm

KathaFBS wrote:
Bakko wrote:
@KathaFBS

Yeah I know but less than 1€ per locknut isn't impossible for me because I also need to pay a bunch of taxes as a business owner. I have the possibility to get some good lock nuts for a lower price on FBS.

What price would you guys consider reasonable for a pack of 6 lock nuts? - Considering that you support a fingerboard company.
(I have just noticed that this topic was about someone who wanted to place a bulk order privately)

@KathaFBS
Thats what I meant though. That I am pretty sure most people would like to pay like €5 for a set of 6 lock nuts.

I am well aware that this, in a business owner aspect, is close to impossible for under €1 a piece. Keep in mind that most people hardly give a fart about supporting fingerboard companies, or even remotely grasp the cost and time investment of running a legit business or margins for profit to keep going. They just want dirt cheap products sadly..

Back to top Go down
meekin
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
meekin

PostSubject: Re: Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them?   Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 8:05 pm

@KathaFBS i would pay around 5$ for them. It would be awesome if they were less than 10$ shipped, not sure if that is possible but that would be nice!
Back to top Go down
InstaFinga
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
InstaFinga

Setup : Homewood 33mm High Mold, Wide BRTs, Oak RV2, Teak Tuning - CaliFingers 33mm, YTrucks, YWheels

PostSubject: Re: Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them?   Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 8:23 pm

@KathaFBS I totally want to support fingerboarding companies and my original intent was to get them in bulk and send them out to people here and my friends. $5 for 6 is totally reasonable right now. With a couple dollars shipping of course. $10 for 4 that Blackriver is selling is a bit high. I'm glad you are here to hear me out!

My original idea was that these, with most fasteners, would be super cheap to get. Through my research and a billion quotes I'm finding out this is incorrect. The cheapest I could get for a single nut is $.77.

Let us know if you are currently selling these and at what cost. I ordered some from Microfasters so I am going to see how those work out.

Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
InstaFinga
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
InstaFinga

Setup : Homewood 33mm High Mold, Wide BRTs, Oak RV2, Teak Tuning - CaliFingers 33mm, YTrucks, YWheels

PostSubject: Re: Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them?   Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 8:59 pm

@jimydave continental does not sell them in that size - I requested a quote lol

Steephill has the best deal right now - and it includes a tool. If these microfasteners work out I may still order the steephill just so I have a nutdriver.
Back to top Go down
KathaFBS
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
KathaFBS

BRT's Wide
Oak Wheels
FBS extra smooth

PostSubject: Re: Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them?   Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 8:05 am

Bakko wrote:

@KathaFBS
Thats what I meant though. That I am pretty sure most people would like to pay like €5 for a set of 6 lock nuts.

I am well aware that this, in a business owner aspect, is close to impossible for under €1 a piece. Keep in mind that most people hardly give a fart about supporting fingerboard companies, or even remotely grasp the cost and time investment of running a legit business or margins for profit to keep going. They just want dirt cheap products sadly..

@Bakko
Yeah, that's the sad truth for most people I guess.

@InstaFinga
I should have the lock nuts in like 2 weeks. I have planed to order them for a long time already because I'm one of those people that drop their lock nut and never ever find it again. So I know it sucks to loose a $2 lock nut.

They will definitively be cheaper than $10 for 6 lock nuts.
I think it might be possible to make a discount if one wants to get more than 1 pack of lock nuts - similar to the discount with the FBS Tape.
Back to top Go down
jacobdonut
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
jacobdonut

Companies : JWPGFX
Setup : Skowood 33.5mm
Ytrucks x4's
Oak RV2's
Dislocation Bushings
Grand Tape

PostSubject: Re: Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them?   Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 6:01 pm

I would use locknuts, but my wheels are to tiny to fit ytrucks tool. hmm
Back to top Go down
http://be.net/jwpgfx
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them?   Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 7:11 pm

KathaFBS wrote:
Bakko wrote:

@KathaFBS

@Bakko
Yeah, that's the sad truth for most people I guess.

@InstaFinga
I should have the lock nuts in like 2 weeks. I have planed to order them for a long time already because I'm one of those people that drop their lock nut and never ever find it again. So I know it sucks to loose a $2 lock nut.

They will definitively be cheaper than $10 for 6 lock nuts.
I think it might be possible to make a discount if one wants to get more than 1 pack of lock nuts - similar to the discount with the FBS Tape.

I'd happily pay less than $10 for a set of lock nuts- It's a small price to pay compared to losing a wheel or two!
Back to top Go down
Concept
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Concept

Setup : Weca Pineapple
TDLB
White Oak Mini's
White beta bushings
Creamy Goo

Brutal 'Bomb Shape'
Rasta Ytrucks
White Oaks
Red beta bushings
Creamy Goo

PostSubject: Re: Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them?   Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 8:26 pm

@jacobdonut you can use a tech deck tool or whatever to put on locknuts, you don't need a ykey. I just put some on the other day!

I would like to add to the discussion above that 6 is a far better number for a pack (regardless of the final price) as it's much preferable to have 2 spare for the inevitable lost locknut, than the exact right amount for one setup.

Alternately, you could sell them individually with a minimum amount (say 2) and deals on larger multiples.
Back to top Go down
InstaFinga
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
InstaFinga

PostSubject: Re: Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them?   Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 10:47 pm

I got the nuts today from Microfastenters. They fit and are the correct size - however aren't the best for TDLB Trucks. The kingpin nuts ends up sticking out too far. I have only had them on my wheels for an hour or so and they haven't fell off, but; it's too early to tell how well they do on TDLB trucks with Oak wheels.  The nuts are slightly larger than the normal nuts, so I may need a YTool or Steephill set with tool included. I got them tight enough with a normal fingerboard/techdeck tool but I would rather have the correct size to avoid any stripping.

@Concept I think it is much better to have 6 too! 4 wheels & 2 kingpins per deck.

@KathaFBS does your tool fit all nuts or is it slightly bigger for your locknuts?

https://imgur.com/a/GRsJz
Back to top Go down
KathaFBS
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
KathaFBS

BRT's Wide
Oak Wheels
FBS extra smooth

PostSubject: Re: Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them?   Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 2:16 pm

@InstaFinga
The locknuts I will get fit all standard sized tools like Blackriver, Tech Deck and others. There is no need for a special sized tool.
Back to top Go down
kyle ashley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
kyle ashley

PostSubject: Re: Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them?   Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 4:20 pm

just put teflon tape or glue drop in a re td nut insta locknuts
Back to top Go down
InstaFinga
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
InstaFinga

PostSubject: Re: Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them?   Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 6:37 pm

kyle ashley wrote:
just put teflon tape or glue drop in a re td nut    insta locknuts

It gets old to use teflon tape or glue every time - especially if you are changing bushings and wheels more than once a week. I used to use Loctite but I haven't had one of these lock nuts fall off (yet) and the kingpin can be slightly looser without me being scared that my nut will fall off and I'll lose a bushing or washer.
Back to top Go down
InstaFinga
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
InstaFinga

PostSubject: Re: Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them?   Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 2:38 pm

Update Again! The locknuts from Microfasteners work great on all types of trucks. So far I have used them for a week or more on YTrucks, BlackRiver Trucks, and TDLB trucks. They fit all kingpins/wheels and I haven't had a single issue yet. I did have a nut fall of my TDLB trucks a few days ago, however with Oak Wheels and spacers I had to leave the nuts pretty loose so it was most likely due to that. Now since I have only been using BRTs and YTrucks I haven't had any issues. The nuts are slightly bigger then other nuts so if you use chinese fingerboard tools it will work, but just barely. I haven't had one fall of my BRTs or YTrucks.

I still recommend the set from SteepHill has it includes the tool and is a pretty good price at $8. However if you want 12 for around $13 then Microfasteners works great.
Back to top Go down
Bakko
Bakko

PostSubject: Re: Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them?   Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 12:09 am

Good info! Props for doing this and giving the microfasteners type a go man cheers
Back to top Go down
InstaFinga
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
InstaFinga

PostSubject: Re: Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them?   Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 12:16 pm

@Bakko Thank you! There isn't a lot of information out on any lock nuts for fingerboards so may as well put out as much information as I can.

Below is a link to all the current lock nuts I have. From smallest to largest are Yellowood, Black River, and Microfasteners. As you can see the Yellowood are the smallest and require the Yellowood tool. A normal tool will sort-of work but it will round the nut so I advise using the Yellowood brand. The middle is the Black River and a normal Chinese tool will work. I got a few of these nuts when I purchased some BRTs off of someone on Instagram so I'm not sure what year they are. To be honest the Black River nuts are the lower quality nuts that I have currently. Then the biggest is the Microfasteners. Hopefully this clears up some sizing and quality issues.

https://imgur.com/D40yqda

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them?   Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lock Nuts - Anyone Use Them?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2