Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalTech Deck General thread - Page 3 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tech Deck General thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
mrjacobburke
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Companies : Manchester,United Kingdom

Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck General thread   Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 6:11 pm

Ironfingers wrote:
Interesting design, they look very tall though

Longboard trucks are meant to be bigger
Back to top Go down
chiller123
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
chiller123

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck General thread   Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 6:49 pm

those trucks would look sexy on a radramps happy
Back to top Go down
stevenfilms
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
stevenfilms

Companies : Filming, skating, and fingerboarding
Setup : Redemption MMC, wide tuned trucks, china non-bearing wheels , Incredibly Smooth & Grippy tape

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck General thread   Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 7:01 pm

chiller123 wrote:
those trucks would look sexy on a radramps happy
This, except they would have to be painted.
Back to top Go down
chiller123
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
chiller123

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck General thread   Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 7:08 pm

yeh they would, they look fucking ugly in this pic. i recon these trucks(painted), radramps cruiser with boardrails and oak rv would be a swag setup happy
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck General thread   Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 12:14 pm

I'm going to bump this thread. I have been very tempted to keep this thread updated but slacked off and posted to different threads. However, I've decided to keep this maintained so I will go back and post a bit of old news just to keep this up to date and will finish off with some newer news!

Where should I start...

Prototype plastic wide boards
These are 29x100mm decks as opposed to the 25x96mm standard Tech Decks.

Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 Widecomp

Moar news: Noah is currently looking at sending some out for reviews.

Source: http://techdeck.com/app/website/articles/news?id=The-Skitchin-Insider-Prototype-Preview-Wide-Board

New Zazzle Gear

Well, there's a couple of new graphics and a greater range of products to have the graphics printed on. Here's one example I like, the Tech Deck drip logo:

Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 Zazzlenew6

Source: http://techdeck.com/app/website/articles/news?id=The-Skitchin-Insider-More-Zazzle-Gear
http://www.zazzle.com/techdeck

Tech Deck Expert Sk8

A picture of the 6 boards of the first mix.
Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 M7r8r

I'm loving that Almost graphic and I'm pretty sure that's one that I definitely will buy. It's also nice to see an Enjoi graphic as they've just been signed up. Lots of people already have prototypes with the Real graphic.

What people already know is that it's offering a higher-end complete board. There's a wide wooden deck, bearing wheels, 2 sheets of foam grip, extra bushings, stickers and a tool. Hopefully, this post will give you some more insight.

So you've seen a small picture of the packaging but what you haven't probably noticed is the right hand side of the packaging. Here's a larger picture of the box with the Almost board...
Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 WEpWe

Yep, there's the option of High/Low concave and the option of Hard/Soft bearing wheels. I really love that they've done this as they're not just making endless graphics with the same exact board. I'd probably like the low concave and soft wheels but I want to own and try them all. I'm not sure if the first mix is only high concave boards but I will be wanting to grab both. Also noticable from the first image is that the wheels won't just be white ones, it seems like there will be coloured ones. The shape of the wheels look to be pretty standard and similar to others in the market.

Also interesting is that there are new bushings (plus an extra set in the pack) and for the first time, there are washers on the bushings on Tech Deck trucks. As you can see, the Independent branding is back although I still think it's hard to make them look like the real life counterparts. One other thing I've noticed is that they've shifted to full rectangular baseplates. I like this move a lot, I didn't like the shape of the old bases and pretty much all skateboard/fingerboard bases are fully rectangular.

If you were curious as to what the back of the packaging looked like, it's your lucky day!
Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 Z4fyY

There's lots of information to be picked up from this image. Most importantly, the decks are 30x101mm. I think this would suit the majority of experienced fingerboarders although the wheelbase would also have to be suitable.

Other features for the trucks apart from Indy branding, rectangular bases and new bushings and washers can also be seen. The trucks still appear to be double axle, judging by the picture. I mean, Tech Deck have to plan for future sales anyway and broken trucks have usually allowed them for continued purchases. The interesting thing is that there is an "ajustable kingpin". I'm not entirely sure how will work but it will certainly be interesting. One thing I am very relieved about with these trucks is that the wheels are actually removable which is how all fingerboards and skateboards should be. I was disappointed with the various (Wood) Competition Series trucks but am glad they've not used those for this board. Is that all? No! You blind fuckers. That's right, these trucks have actual pivot cups too! Yay for smoother pivoting. If you didn't know, older TD trucks just had a hole that went through the baseplate. Well, I hope they're included and it's not just a picture.

The above is what I typed when I first found out about the boards. I have now obtained one of these directly from Tech Deck so expect a review from me in a couple of weeks. An important piece of news I can add to this is that they may already be sold in some places in the US and will be sold elsewhere by February. The price will be $15. Also, the low concave decks are still being developed, a guess at their release would be fall '12.

Display cases coming back

Display cases are coming back but in new colours too! I still need to get me 1 or 2 of these. As before, they are designed to hold about 15 standard Tech Decks and also come with one to start with. I believe the red and grey ones are new colours and black display cases will also return.

Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 4lgTX

New Starter sets

These are already out but here's the new starter sets:

Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 PU0N2

Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 2bIzq

I like how the compartments hold the decks a bit more securely than the original ones. I think other companies should make more and better obstacle/box hybrids. I love my Coffin Curb 2 but there should be more products like these.

New 45mm Tech Decks / Training Facility (Target exclusive)

45mm boards are coming back! The previous Training Facility was based on a World Industries park. This new one will be based on a Zero/Mystery park. Looks like they're gonna be Target exclusive again.

These are the 2 Ultimate sets. These 2 sets will make the entire park. I'm not sure if there will be the smaller sets with 2 ramps and 1 board though but there probably will be.

Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 G5f7M

and the backs of the boxes!

Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 AmJzM Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 VG9vd

Yeah, these are already out now at Target.

Tech Deck community closed

Yep, the once-great Tech Deck forum closed last month but it was outdated and inactive as well as full of immature users with no sense of forum etiquette.

Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 A9a9ad1ee25204501cfc597033a6cf65

Tony Hawk big ramps released

Yep, you may have seen prototypes or other pictures before but these are finally out. They're larger ramps than older Tech Deck ramps and make for a nice cheaper alternative but more suitably sized for most fingerboards. They also have some improved detail to the ramps but they are still plastic.

Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 Tony_hawk_big_ramps

Tech Deck Santa Cruz Screaming Foot board

Currently no release date but these look awesome.

Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 ODxcH

Source: Oldschoolpunk on Tech Deck forums the week it closed

Tech Deck Sticky Trick Tape (with standard boards)

You might have seen Thom with one of these in a video as Euan had one. These will release in the US later in the year but some international markets may already have it. The name is so original haha, you can pretty much guess what this does. The tape sticks the board to your fingers so it would probably be really good for vert. I can only just about do legit nollie flips with the tape because it's so sticky. Also, I end up doing a lot of random late flips as the board unsticks from my fingers when I least expect it. You also get a piece of griptape to stick on when you're bored of the sticky trick tape and it becomes just a standard Tech Deck. Well, I'll show you the packaging...

Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 YJAtY

Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 2fsh8

The back also has a QR code. I wonder what this is for.

Source: Me hahaha. Noah sent me one although I have no idea why the tool is missing.

2012 Tech Deck Starter Set preview

Tech Deck also sent me one of these new Starter Sets boxes. It's a nice little obstacle and container although it's only designed to hold standard Tech Decks. What's interesting is the slots on the side of the box, apparently they will slot with Tech Deck ramps.

Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 MWDl2

Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 O55cc

Those are also really nice high quality Tech Deck stickers. I'm not sure where you would be able to get these normally but it would be nice if you could get more.

Prototype plastic 26mm medium concave deck & new foam tape

I know just before Spin Master took over Tech Deck, Generation 11 Tech Decks included an extra deck with different contours. I wonder if this was proposed to be an extra deck or a new shape for Tech Decks. Either way, the deck is an amazing shape being 26mm and medium concave. It seems really close to my preference for a skinny deck and it's a shame that it's not wood or else it would be perfect. It's also interesting as the deck has a texture that is molded in unlike all other Tech Decks that have been released. Noah tells me this product is unlikely to make it to market which is a shame because I love this shape. I wonder if they would sell me the mold because I like this shape that much.

Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 DQezh

As for the tape, it was stuck on the Wood Competition Series G2 board that I got from Tech Deck. This is unlike any other Tech Deck tape I have seen before though. The tape is actually pretty amazing and I decided to apply it on the prototype deck. It's about 1mm thick and porous (unlike other TD tapes). It feels a bit like worn in old Riptape but maybe a little weaker. In any case, this would be a really awesome tape if they do start producing them and including them with boards.

New Tech Deck longboards, Fall 2012

Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 XZREw

I randomly found these on YouTube. The video is only about a month old. What is amazing about these longboards is the trucks that come with them. They are Independent branded trucks but these are the first ever Tech Deck Independent fingerboard trucks I have seen that actually look like their skateboard counterparts. They look really nicely polished, they have the Indy logo sticking out of the baseplate, the hangers look really sweet and they look like they could fit BR/Y edition wheels, they have bushings and conical washers, they have pivot cups and they are an extra wide width of about 31-32mm. I think these would be really popular and many people would buy them for their looks, performance and suitability for extra wide decks, especially considering the alternative being €50 BRTs.

Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 NxEyQ

Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 PFoSG

Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 VEggl

Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 ViUXp

The other cool thing with these are the wheels. Unlike previous TD longboard wheels, these ones are soft.

Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 B42zO

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU9o1RfKTNg

I think this just about brings us up to date on Tech Deck news. Post any other news relating to Tech Deck if I have missed anything. Feel free to continue discussing TD stuff. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

Companies : Flatface my ass

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck General thread   Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 12:37 pm

holy shit techdeck trucks look beast.
Back to top Go down
sebastiaanKruik
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
sebastiaanKruik

Setup :

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck General thread   Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 12:46 pm

what would love to try one
Back to top Go down
Deshawn Harris
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Deshawn Harris

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck General thread   Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 4:28 pm

Xi wrote:
Oh, I figured I should half-heartedly update this thread a bit...

Tech Deck US Championships finished
Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 Finals6
http://my.techdeck.com/articles/entry/Matty-Taylor-Tech-Deck-s-2011-U-S-Fingerboarding-Champion-

This looked fucking epic. Look at that huge crowd, the halfpipe as the stage, the cameras broadcasting to the big ass screen, the thousands of dollars of prize money, that dope gold TD handboard chain trophy and Tony Hawk to present the awards.

It was epic. I was there. So many people from FFI was there. It was awesome to finally session with Denny, Tim Hurley, Mike. After talking to them online for so long, its a different feeling i guess.
Back to top Go down
raymond
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
raymond

Companies : fingerboarding, skateboarding, film-production, piano, photography, swag

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck General thread   Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 5:19 pm

Indy techdeck trucks.

Back to top Go down
http://www.forgivenfingerboards.com/
Flippedoutfb
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Flippedoutfb

Companies : FingerPrintRamps.
Setup : 32mm yellowwood wasp deck,Ytruck32mm x4 ed whitecolor with oak acid green wheels.derik j handmade 32mm deck with brr32mm trucks ff brr edition wheels.30mm,Yellowood dl headset graphic,blackriver trucks,FF G7O dual wheels.THose are my main 3 sets at the moment.

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck General thread   Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 6:01 pm

Finally td is getting some good stuff,just when my local walmart seems to be downsizing on product,oh well I'm out of town for work every week and can check the others and targets.
Back to top Go down
James.P
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
James.P

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck General thread   Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 6:12 pm

TD is becoming more and more legit, the more I hear from them! Yea!
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck General thread   Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 7:40 pm

legit isn't the word I'd use, but these longboard trucks definitely look nice happy
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck General thread   Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 7:53 pm

Yea.. I could easily see those trucks become the new chine truck, haha very happy
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck General thread   Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 9:03 am

I suppose I should copy this from the thread on FFI.

More prototypes of the wide Tech Deck boards are going to be given out for reviews, this time they're made in green.

Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 30nc3o1

Head over to FFI to try to win the first one: http://fingerflipinc.com/forum/index.php?topic=78087.0;topicseen
Back to top Go down
Deshawn Harris
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Deshawn Harris

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck General thread   Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:12 pm

No one would ever say TD is "legit", nor could they give reason as to why they wont be... or.. suggestions on how they could be. Whats more, the moment they fulfill all the hopes and suggestions given to them.. STILL... they would never be "legit".

Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck General thread   Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:53 pm

Send Noah here, It'd be cool for us to ne able to enter all of the competitions etc ;D
And so we can hear much more news shocked instead of having to hear it second-hand ;D
Back to top Go down
MrBrianFBs
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
MrBrianFBs

Companies : Fingerboarding, Filiming, Editing, Skating, Gaming
Setup : Deck: Berlinwood Low "Neon Explosion"
Wheels: FlatFace G6Ds
Trucks: ReDawn Shaped Trucks
Tape: Riptape
Tuning: Flatface Teflon Bushings

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck General thread   Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 12:22 am

I want that progressive board
Back to top Go down
http://coreconcrete.weebly.com/
StickyFingerz
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck General thread   Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 12:29 am

I'm kind of a big fan of Tech Deck. Starting out as plastic boards with no kicks and no concave has lead them to bearing wheels, trucks and 29.5mm decks! tongue
Back to top Go down
Xavier
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Xavier

Setup : Whats a setup

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck General thread   Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 12:31 am

I agree
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck General thread   Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 3:50 pm

The winner of the first prototype has posted a picture of the deck! I've stolen it to post here.

Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 9297cf49
Back to top Go down
Gurman
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Gurman

Companies : none.
Setup : Homewood New Mold
Foamy Greatness.
Ytrucks X3
Flatface G6D's

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck General thread   Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 4:08 am

looks pretty good, too bad teh Rad Ramps deck beside it stole the limelight!
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck General thread   Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 10:24 pm

Bumping the thread.

Glow in the dark boards (the one on the right, not the left one).

Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 529568_10151003988818609_1292068606_n
Back to top Go down
Xavier
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Xavier

Setup : Whats a setup

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck General thread   Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 11:05 pm

It says Xconcepts again!
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck General thread   Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 4:14 am

Xavier wrote:
It says Xconcepts again!

Yeah, the longboards (new ones with inverted trucks) also have Xconcepts on the packaging.

But it still says Spin Master on the back.
Back to top Go down
Luis Correia
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Luis Correia

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck General thread   Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 11:33 am

Xi do you have any idea when the longboards are gonna be available in Portugal?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck General thread   Tech Deck General thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tech Deck General thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next