Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalTech Deck General thread - Page 4 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tech Deck General thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
grantinator
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
grantinator

Tech Deck General thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck General thread   Tech Deck General thread - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 6:35 pm

The longboard trucks look nice. I don't see why techdeck shouldn't be considered legit, sure it probably will never provide the highest quality of stuff but its still a great way for people to get into fingerboarding.
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck General thread   Tech Deck General thread - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 10:08 pm

Luis Correia wrote:
Xi do you have any idea when the longboards are gonna be available in Portugal?

No. I have no idea about anything.
Back to top Go down
Flippedoutfb
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Flippedoutfb

Companies : FingerPrintRamps.
Setup : 32mm yellowwood wasp deck,Ytruck32mm x4 ed whitecolor with oak acid green wheels.derik j handmade 32mm deck with brr32mm trucks ff brr edition wheels.30mm,Yellowood dl headset graphic,blackriver trucks,FF G7O dual wheels.THose are my main 3 sets at the moment.

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck General thread   Tech Deck General thread - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 2:31 pm

I have found many of the longboard with indy 32mm trucks here in usa(Arkansas) still on look out for expert series and longboards with inverted kingpins. Also the sticky tricky tape is the shittiest thing to hit the streets since a turd,blah..
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck General thread   Tech Deck General thread - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 2:42 pm

I haven't even posted about some older recent news... Like the TD Penny cruisers, some new Shapes series boards (like another Krooked ZZ), there's a Bart Simpson old school shape board too.

Noah said in a recent email to me that next year will have loads of new shapes. That's exactly the type of thing I am interested in. I will be spending so much, haha. I collect different shape TDs.
Back to top Go down
Luis Correia
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Luis Correia

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck General thread   Tech Deck General thread - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 2:52 pm

i'll buy a simpsons shape very happy
Back to top Go down
Havok Fingerboards
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
Havok Fingerboards

Companies : Havok Fingerboards

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck General thread   Tech Deck General thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 6:30 pm

Just picked up a new Black Label longboard from my local Wal Mart with the new 32mm Independant trucks and the bushings are good they somewhat remind me of the brt bushing system. And the longboard is only $1.97!
Back to top Go down
Flippedoutfb
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Flippedoutfb

Setup : 32mm yellowwood wasp deck,Ytruck32mm x4 ed whitecolor with oak acid green wheels.derik j handmade 32mm deck with brr32mm trucks ff brr edition wheels.30mm,Yellowood dl headset graphic,blackriver trucks,FF G7O dual wheels.THose are my main 3 sets at the moment.

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck General thread   Tech Deck General thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 1:21 am

Havok Fingerboards wrote:
Just picked up a new Black Label longboard from my local Wal Mart with the new 32mm Independant trucks and the bushings are good they somewhat remind me of the brt bushing system. And the longboard is only $1.97!
yes I thought the same they do have a similar shape and the color white of course,but they are not as stif as brr bushings. I actually put some brr bushings on the trucks I am using on my 32mm Maze cause my brr trucks axle pin is stripped so I need a new hangar or pin, hint hint to anyone with one lying around. :lol:
Back to top Go down
brian84corvette
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
brian84corvette

Companies : skate park design / building - ramp48
Setup : noComply m2 wide - beautyful red bottom / top plys
flatface g12
ultra decks x2
mad lab decks x3
close up g4 ( awesome trucks - terrible deck )
broken knuckle peoples choice - best 16$ ever spent
as it got me in to the hobby again happy

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck General thread   Tech Deck General thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 2:41 am

im exited for the 29mm wide plastic tech deck to hit the stores - so kids can actually buy something for under 5 $ that is usable for fingerboarding tricks.

the standard 25mm decks that are the normal for tech deck are only suited to verry small child size hands. their 29mm version is a million times more usable than the standard one
Back to top Go down
MaxL
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
MaxL

Companies : Yoyoing, Fingerboarding, Skating, Longboarding, Trumpet, Music, Graphic Design, Web Design
Setup : Redemption MMC | Vachina | Y-Trucks | Vachina

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck General thread   Tech Deck General thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 6:29 pm

Going to Walmart today in hopes that I will find a Tech Deck longboard! very happy
Back to top Go down
Evan Webb
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Evan Webb

Companies : OneDropYoyos.com

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck General thread   Tech Deck General thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 5:03 am

Anymore news on the Expert Sk8 series.....is it in Walmart, Target, Toys R Us, etc... I live in Virginia, United States and I can't find any so far.
Back to top Go down
brian84corvette
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
brian84corvette

Companies : skate park design / building - ramp48
Setup : noComply m2 wide - beautyful red bottom / top plys
flatface g12
ultra decks x2
mad lab decks x3
close up g4 ( awesome trucks - terrible deck )
broken knuckle peoples choice - best 16$ ever spent
as it got me in to the hobby again happy

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck General thread   Tech Deck General thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 5:05 am

i havent found any tech deck expert sk8 yet in south FL usa and have been hunting for them. - but from somewhere on the web i remember a guy saying he found one in a k mart.

most k marts by me have closed already tho :/
Back to top Go down
Flippedoutfb
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Flippedoutfb

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck General thread   Tech Deck General thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 7:29 pm

I have checked many different stores all over the state of arkansas and not come across any:(
Back to top Go down
BrorS
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
BrorS

Setup : none unfortunately

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck General thread   Tech Deck General thread - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 8:08 am

I got expert sk8 there out in sweden
Back to top Go down
Xavier
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Xavier

Setup : Whats a setup

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck General thread   Tech Deck General thread - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 2:57 pm

I found two sticky trick tapes about a weekend ago lol. It barely sticks on the boaed.
Back to top Go down
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

Companies : Flatface my ass

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck General thread   Tech Deck General thread - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 3:01 pm

Xavier wrote:
I found two sticky trick tapes about a weekend ago lol. It barely sticks on the boaed.

that sticky tape is shit its only good on the longboards for crusing down a hill.
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck General thread   Tech Deck General thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2019 11:06 am

It's been 7 years since I've updated this thread with any Tech Deck news, and probably 4-5 years since this forum was still active...

BUT here is an update of Tech Deck news for 2019!

I am just going to do a quick post, so the news items will mainly be described in headlines and maybe some sentences.

Tech Deck Team (2019)
As of 2018, Tech Deck started a Tech Deck Flow Team. From the beginning up to June 2019, 13 people were added to the Flow Team, but around 3 may have left since then.
1. @flow4techdeck
2. @redhandfb
3. @my_krooked.fingers_fb
4. @techducks
5. @prisms_fb
6. @earllee
7. @george_eklunds_tech_deck
8. @suburban_sb_fb
9. @proskater318
10. @bubbleflip - Yes, that's me!
11. @techdeckriver
12. @fingerboardchris
(Inactive) @skateguy.jpg

If you want to join, Tech Deck's official instagram sometimes posts when they open up new team slots. This can happen as frequently as monthly, but there may also be many months where the team is not open for more members. When it does open, you just need to post videos of your Tech Deck tricks using the #TechDeckFlowTeam hashtag.

Additionally, I have discovered at least 2 people on their main team: @spencerridge and @campschill

Source: @techdeck instagram

Series 11 are beginning to release NOW; New feature
If you haven't been following recent standard Tech Deck boards, a while back they introduced standard popsicle shapes that are 32mm wide, with 32mm trucks. Series 11 contains both 29mm and 32mm boards and they are being found already!

Sources: Proskater318's & George's insta pages

Series 8-onwards featured Scratch & Reveal decks, so what's new for Series 11? Metallic foil graphics!

(disclaimer: I own some unreleased metallic graphic wooden Tech Deck boards from a competition back in 2011 but I don't really remember many, if any, publicly released ones)

There is also a minor packaging redesign. It still contains the same contents as before.

Sources: Proskater318's insta; Tech Deck also sent 1 to me

Return of Wooden Tech Deck boards with bearing wheels, "Coming this fall"

This has been confirmed since early 2019 in a few Story posts on Tech Deck's instagram, and also in some replies on their posts.

There are no more details yet, except that we know that there will be wooden decks, bearing wheels and they will be coming in the fall.

Source: @techdeck instagram stories and comments on their posts

Return of famous street spots
Remember Tech Deck had packages with miniature versions of famous skateboarding spots? They will be returning but slightly different. Tech Deck's instagram recently showed a video of a miniature Brooklyn Banks, but those who are familiar will notice it's a little different to the original Tech Deck product from years ago. Instead of the pillars, there are now round rails at the top of the bank, and some other minor changes.

Essentially, these will be coming back as a smaller product, around the same size as the Build-A-Park series boxes probably being able to be in the $10 range, or slightly higher.

As an insider, I can also tell you there will be more than only the Brooklyn Banks recreated into a Tech Deck obstacle. I can't reveal any further information right now.

I am also not sure when it will be released, but it must be soon if TD have already produced a video with it.

Sources: @techdeck Instagram; and I own this obstacle already.
Back to top Go down
Daloof
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daloof

Companies : O.G. Decks
Setup : Tech deck flip with super slippy fome tape
Freestyle fb super whels
Hot rod fb trucks wit my bushin I made

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck General thread   Tech Deck General thread - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 20, 2019 1:28 pm

Thank you, Xi.

Long live fbhq cool
Back to top Go down
HarryYeates
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
HarryYeates

Companies : Cyclone Media

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck General thread   Tech Deck General thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2019 5:35 pm

Xi wrote:
snip

tech deck bonanza
Back to top Go down
http://www.cyclonefb.blogspot.com
TaylorT
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
TaylorT

Companies : Designer @ ¿Maybe? Skateboards, Live Video Director @ Westgate Chapel, Friend of Ollie @ Compiny Fingerboards
Setup : Until further notice:
Homewood New Mold (Red smokestack graphic)
Ytrucks X4 Tex Black
Flatface G6e's (or Oaks)
New Foamy Greatness

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck General thread   Tech Deck General thread - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 21, 2019 2:34 am

Great post Xi
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/FingerSeshNW
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck General thread   Tech Deck General thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tech Deck General thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4