Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalWhat if the world was different.. Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What if the world was different..

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

What if the world was different.. Empty
PostSubject: What if the world was different..   What if the world was different.. EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 3:02 am

So, I've realised recently just how much fingerboarding is a part of my life.

I can do it and it makes me happy when I'm sad.
Almost all the bookmarks in firefox are fingerboarding.
Moreso, when I open firefox I instictively scroll to the fingerboarding section, even if I need to do something completely unrelated like, check my bank balance.
I could go on, but, its 3am.

And, I realise now, if you said to me 'never skate again, and be able to fingerboard; or never fingerboard again, and be able to skate', I'd choose fingerboarding. Skatings nice because its got a community, whereas our community in fingerboarding is a bunch of forums, youtube messages, etc.

What if fingerboarding was like skateboarding? You could go out, see people fingerboarding, and have a sesh with them? Make new friends through fingerboarding irl? Go to your local concrete outdoor fingerboard park? Get told by old people to 'stop fingerboarding on the sidewalk!'? There started being 'no fingerboarding' signs but you seshed anyway? Go chill out at your local fingerboard shop?

Would you still skate? Would it replace skateboarding in your life? Would you make them equal?

I think equal, but, a lot of the time I'd be tempted to FB more. Skateboarding gets harder and harder to do, not trick difficulty wise but, skate stops, parks knocked down, police trying to arrest you, rain making it impossible.. Fingerboarding you can invite your friends round your house and sesh in your room, or something like that.
At the same time, I could never stop skateboarding.

So, yea, what would you do, in such a world?
And, please, don't just leave a one word answer, discuss, expel your thoughts through the keyboard happy
Back to top Go down
Boffey
Boffey

PostSubject: Re: What if the world was different..   What if the world was different.. EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 9:44 am

That would be so cool, i could imagine this old guy who moans at us for skating neer our house moaning about fingerboards XD
And the police that say the only place your allowed to skate is the skatepark.
Fingerboard Shops, with decks on the wall and the guy grips it for you when you buy one. And occasionallly have a skateboard on the desk.
Back to top Go down
giganeo
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular

Setup : A Tech Deck, bro.

PostSubject: Re: What if the world was different..   What if the world was different.. EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:40 pm

Ive had dreams about that for a while.I Dont know any fbers other than all you peepz online.But than again we do have things like the Rendevzous and other events around the globe. I just know that fingerboarding is growing, and maybe all the things you said will be true. Maybe Fingerboarding will somehow become a sport when were all old and stuff. And i would smile at those kids and tell them about fingerboarding today. And they would be like OMG are u serious and I would just smile and nod. Fingerboarding is already a big part of alot of peoples' lives so it is certain it will grow to a larger group of people.
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: What if the world was different..   What if the world was different.. EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 9:13 pm

giganeo wrote:
Fingerboarding is already a big part of alot of peoples' lives so it is certain it will grow to a larger group of people.

Very well said, completely agree happy

It means a lot to a lot of people, so, whether the world calls it sad or not, we'll grow, we'll get bigger, and show everyone that its fun and its something we love, and more and more people will enjoy it too ^___^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What if the world was different..   What if the world was different.. Empty

Back to top Go down

What if the world was different..

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1