Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalKickflip, FS tail-slide tips? Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kickflip, FS tail-slide tips?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
guitarmeetsjake
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
guitarmeetsjake

Companies : Proud rider of Northwoods performance fingerboards; Fingerboarding, skateboarding, reading, writing, gaming, electric guitar, vaping
Setup : Northwoods BIGSTIC complete FIRE series

Kickflip, FS tail-slide tips? Empty
PostSubject: Kickflip, FS tail-slide tips?   Kickflip, FS tail-slide tips? EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 5:26 pm

Can anyone give me any pointers on doing a kickflip to FS tail slide? I'm just now grasping the concept, but I can only land it about once ever 20 or so tries. Anyone have any tips to make this trick easier? It would be much appreciated!! Been trying to figure out how to get these right for quite awhile now, and I'm getting pretty close. x)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/guitarmeetsjake
Trop32
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Trop32

Companies : Snowboarding, Skateboarding, Fingerboarding
Setup : Jack shit.

PostSubject: Re: Kickflip, FS tail-slide tips?   Kickflip, FS tail-slide tips? EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 9:51 pm

alot of its in the wrist ive noticed but im learing them too
Back to top Go down
guitarmeetsjake
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
guitarmeetsjake

Companies : Proud rider of Northwoods performance fingerboards; Fingerboarding, skateboarding, reading, writing, gaming, electric guitar, vaping

PostSubject: Re: Kickflip, FS tail-slide tips?   Kickflip, FS tail-slide tips? EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 11:07 pm

I've notice. I used to focus completely on just shoving the board FS with my back finger and not using my wrist as much. When I focused less on the shove and perfect kickflip and more on just getting the tail itself from my flipping point to where I was aiming with SOME kind of flip (not necessarily accurate at all), I finally realized that it's mostly a swinging motion with the wrist.

I got the swing and the flip down for the most part, but my aim and judgement of distance needs a lot of work.
Back to top Go down
Thom McInally
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Thom McInally

PostSubject: Re: Kickflip, FS tail-slide tips?   Kickflip, FS tail-slide tips? EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 12:22 am

Never focus on the back finger, not important. Use the front finger and slide it further up the board, widening your finger distance more than what you would usually do for a regular kickflip. Turn in the direction you want to land and it should be very controlled and match your hand movement. Lock into tailslide and there you have it!

Edit; To add on, it may also help if you create a pressure on your board with your front finger while doing this.
Back to top Go down
guitarmeetsjake
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
guitarmeetsjake

PostSubject: Re: Kickflip, FS tail-slide tips?   Kickflip, FS tail-slide tips? EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 4:40 am

Thanks for the tip! About to go give this a try very happy
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

PostSubject: Re: Kickflip, FS tail-slide tips?   Kickflip, FS tail-slide tips? EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 4:58 am

Make sure you are comfortable with kickflips and frontside flips. The key is to control the frontside flip so that you get the board to flip the exact height, rotation, get the right timing of the flip and successfully aim the tail at the obstacle.
Back to top Go down
Finn S
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Finn S

Setup : Blosom 30.5
Winks
Brts
Rip

PostSubject: Re: Kickflip, FS tail-slide tips?   Kickflip, FS tail-slide tips? EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 3:31 pm

Learn hardflips and frontside flips
Back to top Go down
WillSteller
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
WillSteller

Companies : Snowboarding, Skating
Setup : Emanant
NoLogo
FF
FBS

PostSubject: Re: Kickflip, FS tail-slide tips?   Kickflip, FS tail-slide tips? EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 3:42 pm

I understand your problems! Its soo hard for me too! Just saty farther than normal away from the obstacle and have frontside flips on lock.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kickflip, FS tail-slide tips?   Kickflip, FS tail-slide tips? Empty

Back to top Go down

Kickflip, FS tail-slide tips?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1