Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalNorthwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 5 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Rose N.
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Rose N.

Companies : Fingerboarding
Setup : Prowood 31mm Venti Series Wildwood
HP Trucks
G6a's
Protape

Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12   Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 11:52 pm

That park is good.
Back to top Go down
Ironfingers
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Ironfingers

PostSubject: Re: Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12   Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 11:57 pm

Nice idea northwooders, hope it goes well
Back to top Go down
guitarmeetsjake
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
guitarmeetsjake

Companies : Proud rider of Northwoods performance fingerboards; Fingerboarding, skateboarding, reading, writing, gaming, electric guitar, vaping
Setup : Northwoods BIGSTIC complete FIRE series

PostSubject: Re: Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12   Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 12:03 am

James.P wrote:
He's not just an admin. He owns the second biggest fingerboard blog. IN THE WORLD
It's okay. Martin Winkler likes Northwoods boards c:
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/guitarmeetsjake
Northwoods
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Northwoods

Companies : Northwoods performance fingerboards
Setup : BIGSTIC!!

PostSubject: Re: Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12   Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 12:08 am

Thanks Iron Fingers, we are very excited about it!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.northwoodsfb.com
iDGY
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
iDGY

PostSubject: Re: Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12   Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 12:19 am

Wow that's great news! shocked That's the biggest skatepark I've ever seen, I believe. xD Awesome.
Back to top Go down
Ironfingers
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Ironfingers

PostSubject: Re: Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12   Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 1:34 am

Yeah the skatepark looks huge!!! But I think it's nt all skatepark??? I see a baseball field on the left
Back to top Go down
guitarmeetsjake
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
guitarmeetsjake

Companies : Proud rider of Northwoods performance fingerboards; Fingerboarding, skateboarding, reading, writing, gaming, electric guitar, vaping

PostSubject: Re: Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12   Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 1:40 am

I know, right?? And I think that's a race track on the far left. Can't wait to get up there for an event!
Back to top Go down
iDGY
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
iDGY

PostSubject: Re: Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12   Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 1:47 am

guitarmeetsjake wrote:
I know, right?? And I think that's a race track on the far left. Can't wait to get up there for an event!
If it is, then how odd. x.X I never would have guessed a race track near a skatepark. Haha! O well! Just different to me. c:
Back to top Go down
Gurman
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Gurman

Companies : none.
Setup : Homewood New Mold
Foamy Greatness.
Ytrucks X3
Flatface G6D's

PostSubject: Re: Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12   Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 3:16 am

guitarmeetsjake wrote:
James.P wrote:
He's not just an admin. He owns the second biggest fingerboard blog. IN THE WORLD

Link Please?

cuz You know, Most people wont believe word of mouth.

Anyways, That Park looks DEADLY! too bad I live so far away........
Back to top Go down
guitarmeetsjake
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
guitarmeetsjake

PostSubject: Re: Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12   Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 4:20 am

KingWoodfbs wrote:
guitarmeetsjake wrote:
James.P wrote:

Link Please?

This isn't actually true to my knowledge. I just figured, hey... A lot of people on here are making things up about Northwoods based on false statistics. I figured that if they can do it, why can't I? I have more of a right since I know more about Northwoods than most of them cool
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12   Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 8:18 am

^If that's based on the messages jarred was sending me, lmfao.
Somebody needs to understand the difference between opinions, and utter bullshit. xD
Back to top Go down
guitarmeetsjake
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
guitarmeetsjake

PostSubject: Re: Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12   Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 4:13 pm

Danny Hynam wrote:
^If that's based on the messages jarred was sending me, lmfao.
Somebody needs to understand the difference between opinions, and utter bullshit. xD

I don't know anything about any message or about your opinion at all >.> I wasn't referring to any particular individual, because there are a lot of people that I've seen make things up about Northwoods based on false information
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 5 J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12   Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 4:34 pm

guitarmeetsjake wrote:
KingWoodfbs wrote:
guitarmeetsjake wrote:
James.P wrote:

Link Please?

This isn't actually true to my knowledge. I just figured, hey... A lot of people on here are making things up about Northwoods based on false statistics. I figured that if they can do it, why can't I? I have more of a right since I know more about Northwoods than most of them cool

"This isn't actually true".. Well, now we will never know what to believe when you are promoting Northwoods, you just showed that you will lie to make the company sound better....

Jarred sure knows how to pick good reppers for his company..
Back to top Go down
iDGY
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
iDGY

PostSubject: Re: Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12   Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 4:52 pm

Ya I agree with you. Some people has to have a hate thing going on, just because. It's pretty ridiculous to be hatin on something people know hardly anything about. I mean, I'd feel stupid if Nws became one of the best and popular fb company all around the world, and the whole time I was hatin on them. I wouldn't show my face. I'd most likely make friends. Nws, to my knowledge, are amazing. I gave em a chance the first time I fingerboarded and I've progressed faster in a few months than someone probably have in yrs. I'm just saying, that they were definitely for me. How can someone hate on a chance they won't take? It's not Nws fault. They just doing their thing successfully as any company would do. Stop the hatin and get ta' skatin ;]
Back to top Go down
raymond
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
raymond

Companies : fingerboarding, skateboarding, film-production, piano, photography, swag

PostSubject: Re: Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12   Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 5:26 pm

iDGY wrote:
I've progressed faster in a few months than someone probably have in yrs. I'm just saying, that they were definitely for me. How can someone hate on a chance they won't take? It's not Nws fault. They just doing their thing successfully as any company would do. Stop the hatin and get ta' skatin ;]

Basically agreed. Try the product, then give your feedback. Cool that it's for you. But faster in a few months than someone that's been fingerboarding for years? Erm.

Back to top Go down
http://www.forgivenfingerboards.com/
iDGY
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
iDGY

PostSubject: Re: Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12   Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 8:56 pm

forgiven. wrote:
iDGY wrote:
I've progressed faster in a few months than someone probably have in yrs. I'm just saying, that they were definitely for me. How can someone hate on a chance they won't take? It's not Nws fault. They just doing their thing successfully as any company would do. Stop the hatin and get ta' skatin ;]

Basically agreed. Try the product, then give your feedback. Cool that it's for you. But faster in a few months than someone that's been fingerboarding for years? Erm.

All I have to say, from my experience is, you'll never know unless you get to know. And that is why I said that. Figure of speech.
Back to top Go down
Peter
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Peter

PostSubject: Re: Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12   Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 9:04 pm

guitarmeetsjake wrote:
James.P wrote:
Where did he even say that???? Martin only supports the ones that are true to the scene.
Back to top Go down
guitarmeetsjake
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
guitarmeetsjake

PostSubject: Re: Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12   Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 4:24 pm

Peter wrote:
guitarmeetsjake wrote:
James.P wrote:
Where did he even say that???? Martin only supports the ones that are true to the scene.
You didn't see my reply on that? Scroll back up and you can see that I was just making a joke that nobody seemed to find as funny as I did.. Offended much? It's funny how I can go on this forum and overlook liars and haters on this site, but the first time I lie or hate back (not even in a serious way, but as a joke that was not even supposed to be taken seriously), J gets accused of having bad representation.. This is kind of what I see happening on here:
Me: "Why did the chicken cross the road?" *Big grin across my face*
Poster: "f*** you, I don't like chickens crossing roads."

Anyway, that wasn't, in any way, false representation, it's just an example of people lying. It isn't kool. At all. I don't only represent Northwoods.. I represent FINGERBOARDING. I represent what is right. And the fact that I can't fit in with the community only because I ride and fully support Northwoods makes it even worse. That isn't criticism, that's prejudice.

Guys, don't lie. I can sit here and type pages worth of an explanation and provide legitimate proof that the owner of Northwoods puts everything he makes right back into not only his company to fix the problems you guys currently have with the boards (trucks, wheels, "china products" etc.) as well as show documentation and videos of fingerboard events that Northwoods has sponsored, but this has already been done. People either don't want to see it at all, or they see it and come up with another lame excuse. We're at a loss. We don't know what "the scene" wants anymore. You ask for an apple, we give an apple. You ask for the whole pig on a silver platter, we give you the whole pig on a silver platter. Still, it isn't enough. I'm going way beyond the point I expected to go because it is my last resort -- I'm asking for help from the same people who have tried to run us out. You guys help us to help you. What more do you guys need to see from Northwoods to change your opinions?

Edit: Furthermore, if we really didn't support the scene or what not, do you think this topic would even exist? It isn't some kind of huge marketing scheme or something like that. I just don't see why Northwoods can't contribute to the world of fingerboarding just like anyone else can.. J has done more than his fair share. Those who don't know that for a fact should do a little research and/or ask a few questions. I promise you, none of us bite unless we're bitten at...
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 5 J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12   Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 4:52 pm

Most people i talk to do not have a problem with Northwoods. I think you are making the problem way bigger than it is.

I think what has happened with Northwoods is a promotion plan that went wrong.
Most people like companies to start out with that kinda non corporate dogtown style. Locals only.. You know.
Northwoods popped out of the blue with $30 decks and a "fancy" website.
Usually when a Company (especially with "wood" in the name) pops up out of nowhere, it's some chinese rebranding thing or Holden. Thats why people got defensive.

Jarred got a bit pissed from being accused to sell china decks, and gave up the forum pretty quick..
This left Peter trying to promote the company here, because he is proud of his sponsor. Only problem is that Peter is not very good at promoting yet, so he wasn't taken seriously.

Now everything I hear about Northwoods is about making the company sound more legit.. How about just moving on and ignore the haters. That way you will show that Northwoods is awesome!

I'd say i have a pretty good idea of whats going on in the scene at the moment, and i'm a pretty experienced promoter. If you want some help, all it takes is to ask.

Peace.
Back to top Go down
guitarmeetsjake
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
guitarmeetsjake

PostSubject: Re: Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12   Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 7:25 pm

I typed a huge response, but I decided to delete it since it's probably just going to annoy people and most aren't going to take the time to read it anyway. But I'd just like to say that I like your attitude, Banlyst, and I understand what you're saying. I make it into a big deal when it occasionally goes beyond the forums, but that's a whole new story entirely.

The only thing I would ever ask out of the community (worldwide) is to not hate or spread things that aren't true. I understand that this does not apply to everyone, and you guys have our thanks.

Banlyst, you have already helped just by making a suggestion. But if you're serious about promoting, I may just holla at you about that on here in the near future. happy
Back to top Go down
Peter.A
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Peter.A

Companies : J.F.S
Setup : Hashtag Peter.A signature deck
Snow tape
J.F.S black bearing wheels
Redawn gold trucks wide

PostSubject: Re: Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12   Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 5:53 pm

This is good news and so much good things will be happening soon.
Back to top Go down
RonNation
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Setup : Northwood Charm
Dump Trucks
FF G6
WC bushing

Woobs

PostSubject: Re: Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12   Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 3:28 pm

I just wanna give everybody a heads up that Northwoods recently updated their site and stock. I know I was checking it for a couple months earlier in the year and it was all outdated for a while. Ytrucks in stock as well cool

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12   Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12 - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Northwoods **UPDATED** 1-25-12

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5