Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalclose up g4 - how wide x long is it ? Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

close up g4 - how wide x long is it ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
brian84corvette
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
brian84corvette

Companies : skate park design / building - ramp48
Setup : noComply m2 wide - beautyful red bottom / top plys
flatface g12
ultra decks x2
mad lab decks x3
close up g4 ( awesome trucks - terrible deck )
broken knuckle peoples choice - best 16$ ever spent
as it got me in to the hobby again happy

close up g4 - how wide x long is it ? Empty
PostSubject: close up g4 - how wide x long is it ?   close up g4 - how wide x long is it ? EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 3:31 am

it just came in the mail today.
i was realley stoked to get it - but upon arival , it is clearly not even as wide as the trucks are.
i thought this deck was suposed to be wider than that on the g4 models ?

ive been giving it a chance for the better part of today - but it just doesnt feel right to me.
i mean im stoked on the trucks - and the bushings in them are awesome - but the deck is just not my style.

any one know its dimensions ?

also - i tried to put my china bearing wheels on the trucks just to see if they would fit - and i could not tighten down the axle nut with out binding the wheel... what bearing wheels will work on this truck ? or do i need to get some of those micro wheel washers to space the gap between backed bearing wheels and the metal hanger of the truck

over all - not stoked today :/

EDIT - 27mm wide - still no idea how long or the steepness of the kicks / concave
id guess like 30/30/15 lol
Back to top Go down
Flippedoutfb
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Flippedoutfb

Companies : FingerPrintRamps.
Setup : 32mm yellowwood wasp deck,Ytruck32mm x4 ed whitecolor with oak acid green wheels.derik j handmade 32mm deck with brr32mm trucks ff brr edition wheels.30mm,Yellowood dl headset graphic,blackriver trucks,FF G7O dual wheels.THose are my main 3 sets at the moment.

PostSubject: Re: close up g4 - how wide x long is it ?   close up g4 - how wide x long is it ? EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 4:21 am

On the closeup deal ask xi he is sponsered by them and has a wealth of knowledge on pretty much everything fngrbrding,and he seems like a super nice guy. On the metal wheels check nollie wheels idk if they have bearings but if not there bearings may fit that they sell.hope this gets u in right direction.
Back to top Go down
sebastiaanKruik
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
sebastiaanKruik

Setup :

PostSubject: Re: close up g4 - how wide x long is it ?   close up g4 - how wide x long is it ? EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 8:35 am

Its a pretty hardcore shape and not everyone likes it, also most wheels wont fit the trucks.
but just give it a few days to get used to and I think you will like it.
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

PostSubject: Re: close up g4 - how wide x long is it ?   close up g4 - how wide x long is it ? EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 10:43 am

I ride for Close Up and I'll try to answer some of your questions for you.

It's about 27x101. I think the high concave mold couldn't really accommodate decks much wider than the 26mm Gen3s or something. I personally think all decks should have a bit of concave as it's quite comfortable.

I've mentioned it before but the trucks you get with the completes are not made to fit most bearing wheels. I think I remember fitting one set of bearing wheels on them but I can't remember what set it was. I wouldn't advise trying to use any bearing wheels on these trucks.

Close Up also sell bearing wheels and if you buy the Close Up bearing wheels, you will also get a pair of Close Up G4 hangers with axles that will fit most bearing wheels. These axles don't come with the completes.

On these hangers, you could technically use backed bearing wheels without microwashers but it's advisable to use them. A simple and cheap alternative is to cut tiny bits of pivot cup and put them on the axle before the wheels.

I don't know if you have seen my signature or the same ad on FFI but Close Up Gen 5s are coming soon. These should be wider boards. I have quite a bit of information on what Close Up are doing but I'll make proper news posts when I get clarifications on a few details. I'm confident people will like the new boards themselves and the other little things they are doing.
Back to top Go down
Tomi
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

PostSubject: Re: close up g4 - how wide x long is it ?   close up g4 - how wide x long is it ? EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 10:49 am

My g6d's work fine with my close up g4 trucks.
Back to top Go down
JT
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
JT

Companies : JTfingerboards

PostSubject: Re: close up g4 - how wide x long is it ?   close up g4 - how wide x long is it ? EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 3:04 pm

17mm wide x 106 mm long with 90 degree kicks and 7mm concave
Jk lol listen to XI happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.jtfingerboards.weebly.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: close up g4 - how wide x long is it ?   close up g4 - how wide x long is it ? Empty

Back to top Go down

close up g4 - how wide x long is it ?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1