Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalBest Wheels? - Page 3 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Wheels?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Quinten Hull
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Quinten Hull

Companies : Skateboarding, Fingerboarding, Djing, Reading, Making videos, and Listening to music
Setup : BRR Deck, ClassA Bearing wheels, FBS FoamTape, ClassA Trucks, and Flatface Tuning Kit.

Best Wheels? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Wheels?   Best Wheels? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 2:47 pm

I feel like these flatface white i have are pretty beast but its all up to how you ride your board. Its like asking who rides loose or tight. U'd get like 5,000 comments saying loose is better than tight. lol but its truly up to the rider.
Back to top Go down
Finn S
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Finn S

Setup : Blosom 30.5
Winks
Brts
Rip

PostSubject: Re: Best Wheels?   Best Wheels? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 3:25 pm

I like china wheels tbh, it sounds a bit odd but they are so fast.
Also G6a's are alright.
Back to top Go down
Thom McInally
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Thom McInally

PostSubject: Re: Best Wheels?   Best Wheels? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 3:43 pm

China Wheels are shite, the bearings are so horrible, the set i gave to my flatmate are so bad for rolling, Tech Deck wheels roll better.
Back to top Go down
Finn S
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Finn S

Winks
Brts
Rip

PostSubject: Re: Best Wheels?   Best Wheels? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 4:34 pm

I have a pair which roll really fucking well. Idk though that's my wheel preference, you hate china wheels and I hate oaks.
Back to top Go down
Thom McInally
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Thom McInally

PostSubject: Re: Best Wheels?   Best Wheels? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 4:59 pm

I suppose i'd rather have a pair of Adidas over a fake brand any day though, but i guess i just like genuine companies.
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

Companies : BLOSOM

PostSubject: Re: Best Wheels?   Best Wheels? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 5:07 pm

i dont know why nobody has gotten onto the idea of buying the china wheels in bulk for like 50p a set, then shaping them with a dremel on some homemade setup....you could get an oak like shape no problems, then have your own brand of wheels...

this way it takes away from the 'china' brand as you are putting time into creating your own wheel...(of sorts)...it would be like the shaped wides idea.

i can think of countless ways to make a system to lathe the wheels on for cheap...and get them consistent...even then put handmade painted graphics on them....

come on guys use your imagination....i dont wanna see another deck company with a motive mold.....shape some china wheels. be original.

and oak are king.
Back to top Go down
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

Companies : Flatface my ass

PostSubject: Re: Best Wheels?   Best Wheels? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 5:32 pm

China wheels vary some are good some are bad.
Back to top Go down
Finn S
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Finn S

Winks
Brts
Rip

PostSubject: Re: Best Wheels?   Best Wheels? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 5:52 pm

Thom McInally wrote:
I suppose i'd rather have a pair of Adidas over a fake brand any day though, but i guess i just like genuine companies.
I'm not saying that.
I just like a certain pair of chinas I own, because they are actually half decent, they probably aren't my favorite wheels, but meh.
I still use genuine companies that's why I use brt's instead of china trucks and I use my pure and emanant instead of a china deck.
Back to top Go down
chiller123
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
chiller123

PostSubject: Re: Best Wheels?   Best Wheels? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 7:03 pm

NoCo Roll 9's

So nice
Back to top Go down
Shinster
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Best Wheels?   Best Wheels? - Page 3 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 7:14 pm

FlatFace ceramics.
Back to top Go down
Emericagangster
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Emericagangster

Companies : Rail City FB(Rider)

PostSubject: Re: Best Wheels?   Best Wheels? - Page 3 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 2:35 am

I really do prefer Rail City wheels that any others. I'm not kissing Brandons butt or anything but they roll fast and they don't get any bumps or anything in it. If you want some cheap wheels go to www.railcityfb.com and buy a pair or two.
Back to top Go down
skeep222
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
skeep222

Companies : Secks Decks, Fingerblast Ramps Co.
Setup : Woob
brts
ff x winklers

PostSubject: Re: Best Wheels?   Best Wheels? - Page 3 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 2:38 am

not positive but im fairly positive those wheels are china, and china = no muy bueno
Back to top Go down
Emericagangster
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Emericagangster

PostSubject: Re: Best Wheels?   Best Wheels? - Page 3 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 2:39 am

skeep222 wrote:
not positive but im fairly positive those wheels are china, and china = no muy bueno

How can you tell if a wheel is china? I own over 7 pairs of bearing wheels and there all the same to me except for the shape but it's alright cause a wheel is a wheel.
Back to top Go down
skeep222
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
skeep222

Companies : Secks Decks, Fingerblast Ramps Co.
Setup : Woob
brts
ff x winklers

PostSubject: Re: Best Wheels?   Best Wheels? - Page 3 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 2:45 am

Shapes are different, materials are different, quality is different, prices are different. If he is selling wheels for 5 dollars there is now ay he can manufacture them himself and still break even.
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Best Wheels? - Page 3 J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: Best Wheels?   Best Wheels? - Page 3 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 11:04 am

Those are china. And probably the worst wheel i never tried.

But hey, if you feel like a wheel is just a wheel, then a crappy wheel might be good enough for you. It sure isn't for me.
Back to top Go down
Emericagangster
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Emericagangster

PostSubject: Re: Best Wheels?   Best Wheels? - Page 3 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 1:00 pm

Banlyst wrote:

But hey, if you feel like a wheel is just a wheel, then a crappy wheel might be good enough for you. It sure isn't for me.

I prefer G7.1's and G5's but I ride rail city wheels because I am sponsored by them.
Back to top Go down
Finn S
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Finn S

Winks
Brts
Rip

PostSubject: Re: Best Wheels?   Best Wheels? - Page 3 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 2:15 pm

if you prefer those wheels, use them, christ on a bike.
Use rail city's shitty decks.
Back to top Go down
Emericagangster
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Emericagangster

PostSubject: Re: Best Wheels?   Best Wheels? - Page 3 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 2:22 pm

Finn S wrote:
if you prefer those wheels, use them, christ on a bike.
Use rail city's shitty decks.

I don't think you should say the decks are bad quality, if you've never tried them?
Back to top Go down
brian84corvette
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
brian84corvette

Companies : skate park design / building - ramp48
Setup : noComply m2 wide - beautyful red bottom / top plys
flatface g12
ultra decks x2
mad lab decks x3
close up g4 ( awesome trucks - terrible deck )
broken knuckle peoples choice - best 16$ ever spent
as it got me in to the hobby again happy

PostSubject: Re: Best Wheels?   Best Wheels? - Page 3 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 3:27 pm

ive psyicly had about 27 sets of china bearing wheels pass thru my hands and tested them all out a little bit. most were assembled to completes and sold off cheap to kids at my skatepark.

the broken knuckle china bearing wheels - were 8 sets out of 10 acceptable. rolled fast - not bumpy enough to matter - and stayed rolling nice for a bit.

the other 20% had manufactures defects and were not 100% good to go. some had trash in the bearing areas , some had a wobble ext...
but for 5 to 8 usa dollars - they are acceptable to use if youve got no other options to purchace anything better. or the only wheel youve ever used in your life is a stock tech deck wheel and your a 10 year old kid.

i just hate how china wheels are hard plastic and provide absolutely no grip on any surface exept for maby wood. - i collect fingerboards - and have about 5 setups using the broken knuckle china bearing wheels - and they all still roll fast. so people who say china bearings suck - idk what yall are doing to them - but maby yall got crappy ones - and i magicly got good bearings in my wheels. however.... i do have a set of yellows that have the bearing starting to come un locked from the wheel and it rolls slower - wich can be remedied by pulling the wheel out to snap the bering back to its place - not a big deal and a drop of glue could probably fix it perminantly if i cared to do so.

that being said.

i also own -2 pair of ff g7 wheels - 2 sets of no comply wheels - a set of nollie metal wheels = and all of those wheels absolutely blow china bearing wheels out of the water in terms of usability and performence / grip on the surface - along with shape of the wheel making it more user friendly to grind and ride ext...

and id rather use china wheels over my set of metal core close up g4 wheels. the set i got of them sucked alot and were un ridably bumpy and slow due to both halves of the mold being not centered properly when the wheels were made
Back to top Go down
MaxL
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
MaxL

Companies : Yoyoing, Fingerboarding, Skating, Longboarding, Trumpet, Music, Graphic Design, Web Design
Setup : Redemption MMC | Vachina | Y-Trucks | Vachina

PostSubject: Re: Best Wheels?   Best Wheels? - Page 3 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 3:48 pm

Guys don't worry about Emericagangster... it's just holden trolling all of you.

Wheels are personal preference... Right now I'm using Tech Deck Expert Sk8 soft wheels and they are getting the job done.

I should really buy some real fingerboard wheels though.
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Best Wheels? - Page 3 J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: Best Wheels?   Best Wheels? - Page 3 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 5:37 pm

Brian: People who say that china wheels are crappy are just comparing them to the pro wheels out there. Sure, they are better than a chinese non-bearing wheel (TD etc.).
Back to top Go down
Peter.A
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Peter.A

Companies : J.F.S
Setup : Hashtag Peter.A signature deck
Snow tape
J.F.S black bearing wheels
Redawn gold trucks wide

PostSubject: Re: Best Wheels?   Best Wheels? - Page 3 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 2:47 pm

Banlyst wrote:

You should tell brandon to be honest with the ways he gets his wheels. Those wheel srae mass produced. so don't be expecting much sales when you can get the exact same except cheaper.
Back to top Go down
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

Companies : Flatface my ass

PostSubject: Re: Best Wheels?   Best Wheels? - Page 3 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 4:53 pm

Um its abit obvious when wheels are china???
Back to top Go down
BearWoodFB
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
BearWoodFB

Companies : Skateboarding, Fingerboarding, making Fingerboards
Setup : Deck: Redmption MC Mold Deck
Wheels: Flatface G5 BRR Edition Wheels
Trucks: Red BRR Trucks
Grip: 4 Corner Fingerboards Foam Tape
Price: $116

PostSubject: Re: Best Wheels?   Best Wheels? - Page 3 EmptySat May 26, 2012 12:14 am

If tech deck made the competition series ricta wheels universal with all trucks, I would buy them.
Back to top Go down
James Johnson
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
James Johnson

Setup : Weca
BRT
JJ
FBS
FF teams

PostSubject: Re: Best Wheels?   Best Wheels? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 4:19 pm

I've heard that Nolliewheels are the best and not too pricey
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Wheels?   Best Wheels? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Best Wheels?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next