Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSOW Wheels review Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SOW Wheels review

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
justin cheeks
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
justin cheeks

Companies : S.O.D Money Gang
Setup : Ambt brts witchcrafts flatface

SOW Wheels review Empty
PostSubject: SOW Wheels review   SOW Wheels review EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 3:20 pm

SOW Wheels review 7784166198_c3fb6cd06d
Picture 042 by jcheeks36, on Flickr

SOW Wheels review 7784176314_9fa7838a3d_n
Picture 041 by jcheeks36, on Flickr

SOW Wheels review 7784161340_3487141c0e
Picture 032 by jcheeks36, on Fli

First Impression
Of the wheels were nice they were nice and had a very unique shape I have not seen done on any other wheels before. They came poly bagged like any other wheels nowadays and came with tons of extras such as bushings, shitloads of stikers ,and extra bearings.
10/10

SOW Wheels review 7693505500_54f19eec05_m
Picture 027 by jcheeks36, on Flickr
original packaging

Shape
Like i said above was unlike any other wheel which makes these almost one of a kind, because most wheels are either box shaped, old school, or a street shape. I usually prefer a street wheel because I like a slim riding surface but these certainly changed my preference, because i felt it was easier to ride bowls, ramps, and just flat ground with more control. You can definitely tell that Sow knows his way around a lathe and achieve the shape he wants to make.
10/10

SOW Wheels review 7784168036_a4fec59c1c_m
Picture 036 by jcheeks36, on Flickr
shape compared to roll 9s ( Sow left roll9 right)

SOW Wheels review 7784162388_34f31d708e_m
Picture 035 by jcheeks36, on Flickr
shape compared to Flatface g6 (SOW on the left Flatface on the right)

Material
The material used reminds me of a Brandon Roberts wheel, the material is my preference hard yet it has enough grip. It does not squeak that much though (sorry for those who get wet over wheels screeching from power slides) but it has a little squeak on smooth wood and granite. I also believe these are some of the most durable wheels i have tried. The wheels ride spectacular outsides and don't crack or go to shit outside on smooth and gritty concrete. I usually find with most wheels i have tried that they have treads like skate wheels which add grip but attract dirt, however since these have no tread and have enough grip for me at the same time they rarely get dirty and sustain the amount of grip they have.
10/10

Bearings
These have excellent bearing produced by Samurai Precision (which I thought closed before I quit which was in early 2010) But the bearings are great and quiet but the more you use them the more noise it brings which happens in skateboarding or any thing with bearings. Unfortunately that means no wheel can be quiet and completey smooth forever if you use wheels alot you loose both of those things with every bearing with that being said (even though I have replacements) there is no way of avoiding it so no bearing is perfect but these are good so far (and i have had these for 2 and a half weeks) should last long i will continue to update as i use them more.
9/10

Performance
Of these wheels are spectacular with adding all of the things above together. And for the price (which will be explained in detail later) this is great. They are up there with my favorite wheels (anything o material, roll 9s, and g6x's) making these great for me. They have enough grip to where I don't slide around yet i can get the smoothness I like from hard wheels. They did take a little bit of time to get used to though but that is with any wheel.
9.5/10

Conclusion
These are great wheels with great performance my only recommendation is make them backless so they are compatible with Y trucks and BRTs. The material is great and the shape is nice aswell. I think the bearings should last long but i wont be mad if they don't (cause i got replacements bitches). I also want to elaborate a little on the price,IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM SHOULD ANYONE HAVE TO BUY CHINA WHEELS WHILE THESE EXIST.Not while SOW wheels are 25 bucks shipped, I understand that money gets tight (because i have been in situations like that) but when a spectacular wheel cost anywhere from 30- to 60 bucks you cant go wrong. The only thing that differs the wheels from top companies is Shape (not in a bad way I think the wheels are unique),company exposure, and price. These wheels are great like alot of wheels and i think you cant go wrong with 25 bucks for a set of wheels like these. I have said this before and i will say it again SOW could easily charge 30-35 bucks for these and i would still buy them. With that said don't be surprised the score is..................................................................................
9.5/10 if you would like an explanation or like to ask question about product just post below

Buy dem bitches rite hear

Last edited by justin cheeks on Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AxelWahl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AxelWahl

Companies : I own Weca bi$h
Setup : Weca
Blackriver trucks
Bawse wheels

SOW Wheels review Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOW Wheels review   SOW Wheels review EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 3:23 pm

SOW Wheels review 7784166198_c3fb6cd06d
Wtf haha
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axelwahl
justin cheeks
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
justin cheeks

SOW Wheels review Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOW Wheels review   SOW Wheels review EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 3:24 pm

dem wheels tastes like frieds chikens
Back to top Go down
Luis Correia
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Luis Correia

SOW Wheels review Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOW Wheels review   SOW Wheels review EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 4:11 pm

very good review
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

SOW Wheels review Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOW Wheels review   SOW Wheels review EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 4:12 pm

This review is spot on! shocked Sow wheels are perfect, haha <3
Great review Justin! happy
Back to top Go down
justin cheeks
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
justin cheeks

SOW Wheels review Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOW Wheels review   SOW Wheels review EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 4:45 pm

thanks guys
Back to top Go down
MamadouSow
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
MamadouSow

SOW Wheels review Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOW Wheels review   SOW Wheels review EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 8:32 pm

Great review, I really enjoyed reading it!
S2's will be backless dual bearings compatible with Y trucks and BRTs! They will come in a different material than S1's though.
Glad you like the wheels, looking forward to reading more of your reviews! happy
Back to top Go down
justin cheeks
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
justin cheeks

SOW Wheels review Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOW Wheels review   SOW Wheels review EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 9:51 pm

Thankyou and thanks for all of those extras dude really needed tape kingpinz and bearings
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SOW Wheels review Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOW Wheels review   SOW Wheels review Empty

Back to top Go down

SOW Wheels review

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1