Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalOak wheels review  Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Oak wheels review

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
callumfb95
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
callumfb95

Setup : Blossom 32.5
Trucks
Oaks

Oak wheels review  Empty
PostSubject: Oak wheels review    Oak wheels review  EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 8:30 pm

I got these wheels from flatfacefingerboards i have been riding them for like 2 days however i wanted to do a review so enjoy happy i dunno what put but whatever.
Oak wheels review  Dscf2411
Oak wheels review  Dscf2412
Oak wheels review  Dscf2413

Shipping
shipping took 2 weeks and 1 day from america which is pretty standard so ill give them 10/10

First impressions
My first impressions, I thought "they look sick" ! they came in a little bag which is very professional and little oak wheels stickers are awesome, The wheels them self looked super soft, until i set them up, the wheels are super grippy 10/10

Performance
The wheels are very grippy and very smooth, I really like how you can have the wheels any way you like and the fact that they are made out of polyurethane (like a skateboard) which makes the wheel really realistic the wheels are very squeaky, which is pretty sick, like when i do a power slide they squeak really loud and say if i did a front-side 180 heel flip it means the 180 has to be a 180 or the wheels will just screech which indicates your not doing a full 180 and improves your riding as you get used to them with these wheels i learn't quite a few tricks over the past few days i have learnt nollie laser flip, nollie back foot impossible and 360 pop shuv its (proper) these wheels are amazing and you should buy them. they are the best wheels i have ever had! to summarize this product i will give it an overall rating of 10/10

go check out flatface and oak wheels to buy yours now happy www.flatfacefingerboards.com and www.oakwheels.com

by the way they were 26 quid shipped from flatface (around 26) or on oak wheels they are about the same price happy

Back to top Go down
Melvin A Thomas
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Melvin A Thomas

Companies : fingerboarding, robotic studies
Setup : Pure,tec deck independant trucks 32mm, susbatance Classic Reloaded.

Oak wheels review  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oak wheels review    Oak wheels review  EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 8:33 pm

very nice review callum pal. cool
Back to top Go down
callumfb95
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
callumfb95

Trucks
Oaks

Oak wheels review  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oak wheels review    Oak wheels review  EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 8:36 pm

nitromelvin wrote:
very nice review callum pal. cool

Thanks haha didn't know what to put never done review lol
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

Oak wheels review  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oak wheels review    Oak wheels review  EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 10:39 pm

Cool review, especially the pictures.

Anyway, I'd usually leave it longer than 2 days when starting a review.

Also, how do the Ytruck hangers and China bases work out for you? You have the original Ytrucks kingpins in the bases too?
Back to top Go down
callumfb95
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
callumfb95

Trucks
Oaks

Oak wheels review  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oak wheels review    Oak wheels review  EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 11:44 pm

Xi wrote:
Cool review, especially the pictures.

Anyway, I'd usually leave it longer than 2 days when starting a review.

Also, how do the Ytruck hangers and China bases work out for you? You have the original Ytrucks kingpins in the bases too?

They work fine honest, i had to put new ones on but i couldn't be arsed paying 6 euros for shipping to be honest and aswell i did the review so early as i have had the wheels before wink

i am going to just buy new ytrucks and maybe base plates for those ones but theres no point if they work fine, to be honest they work better !
Back to top Go down
Oreo
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Oreo

Companies : Habbo.com
Setup : Lol?

Oak wheels review  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oak wheels review    Oak wheels review  EmptyTue May 15, 2012 9:21 am

k
Back to top Go down
Cole H
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Cole H

Companies : Wave FB
Setup : Berlinwood Elias Assmuth New Mold
Wide Trucks
Flatface G6D's
Riptape

Oak wheels review  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oak wheels review    Oak wheels review  EmptyTue May 15, 2012 9:22 am

Nice Review Callum!
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

Oak wheels review  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oak wheels review    Oak wheels review  EmptyTue May 15, 2012 1:06 pm

oaks are sooo high up on my want list. great review!
Back to top Go down
Grendel
Council
Council
Grendel

Setup : BW widelow or 96 custom+ BRT wides + WW or Oaks + witchcraft bushings + ATAMATape

Oak wheels review  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oak wheels review    Oak wheels review  EmptyTue May 15, 2012 1:14 pm

Got a set for a little more than a week (second hand set) : there awesome, can't decide between Subs quartz and them for my main setup.

As Callum said, you MUST be clean or the wheel will stop the deck. They are not "slidy" like most of the FB wheels. Feel like semi soft skateboard wheels, really good sensation on the ride.

I had V1 and V2 Oak, which I didn't like (they where ovales, bearing keep sliding of wheel, and every known problemes those wheels had), I had the chance to get cheap second hand set, only to try, and really love them !
Back to top Go down
http://fbfr.fr
blosom
blosom

Companies : BLOSOM

Oak wheels review  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oak wheels review    Oak wheels review  EmptyTue May 15, 2012 1:26 pm

haha im glad Frank. wink

v1/v2 oaks were full of problems...also 'potato' like.

the rv oaks are best. no competition. i dont know why Kerry/Billy/everyone dont ride them.
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

Oak wheels review  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oak wheels review    Oak wheels review  EmptyTue May 15, 2012 2:03 pm

^someone should give me a set, then I'd certainly put them on a second setup to try them. XD
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

Oak wheels review  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oak wheels review    Oak wheels review  EmptyTue May 15, 2012 2:08 pm

haha but i only have 1 set tongue
Back to top Go down
Ironfingers
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Ironfingers

Oak wheels review  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oak wheels review    Oak wheels review  EmptyTue May 15, 2012 2:37 pm

The only reason I never got oaks is due to the nuts sticking out of the wheel so much, fearfull it will destroy my desk
Back to top Go down
callumfb95
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
callumfb95

Trucks
Oaks

Oak wheels review  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oak wheels review    Oak wheels review  EmptyTue May 15, 2012 3:15 pm

Ironfingers wrote:
The only reason I never got oaks is due to the nuts sticking out of the wheel so much, fearfull it will destroy my desk

Haha you should see my brr box 3 reloaded wink
Back to top Go down
Grendel
Council
Council
Grendel

Setup : BW widelow or 96 custom+ BRT wides + WW or Oaks + witchcraft bushings + ATAMATape

Oak wheels review  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oak wheels review    Oak wheels review  EmptyTue May 15, 2012 3:22 pm

Ironfingers wrote:

It make the FB look like a real skateboard tho. Like it, and it doesn't bother at all.
The only thing I can add, I put micro washer (one each wheel) one BRTwides, to fit better on 32 deck (and btw, you can put dual bearing on BRTwide without inverted locknut !)
Back to top Go down
http://fbfr.fr
callumfb95
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
callumfb95

Trucks
Oaks

Oak wheels review  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oak wheels review    Oak wheels review  EmptyTue May 15, 2012 3:29 pm

[quote="Grendel"]
Ironfingers wrote:

It make the FB look like a real skateboard tho. Like it, and it doesn't bother at all.

i really like the look aswell oaks for life <3 < i sound sad but Oh well!
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

Oak wheels review  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oak wheels review    Oak wheels review  EmptyTue May 15, 2012 5:58 pm

Grendel wrote:
Ironfingers wrote:

The only thing I can add, I put micro washer (one each wheel) one BRTwides, to fit better on 32 deck (and btw, you can put dual bearing on BRTwide without inverted locknut !)

sure. this is exactly what i do....i think you have to with oaks, as the bearings are centered.
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

Oak wheels review  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oak wheels review    Oak wheels review  EmptyWed May 16, 2012 4:16 am

blosom wrote:
haha im glad Frank. wink

v1/v2 oaks were full of problems...also 'potato' like.

the rv oaks are best. no competition. i dont know why Kerry/Billy/everyone dont ride them.

This is the first reason:

Ironfingers wrote:

If they made them off-set, I would buy a set.

Grendel wrote:
Ironfingers wrote:

But real skateboards shouldn't need to have the axle sticking out that much. I freestyle skateboard and I usually choose my setup - deck width, truck width and wheel shape/size so that I can do railstands comfortably.

Also, microwashers are expensive for what they are and also hard to obtain (if you know somewhere other than Redemption and No Comply that have a lot of these in stock and cheap, please tell me). I am not sure if they will fix the problem though.

The other main reason I don't use them is that I already have Close Up bearing wheels. They are off-set and won't make the axle of the truck stick out a shit-ton and ruin surfaces when skating. Also, as they are my sponsor, I now have no reason not to use them. I currently have 7 sets of Close Up bearing wheels and I don't think I will ever stop using them.

They ride really smoothly and make awesome screeches. They grip well and are quieter than conventional fingerboard wheels. Overall, I think they perform nicer and are much cheaper than Oaks. You might disagree with this last part but once I return to England later this year, I would be perfectly happy to show some people first-hand my many sets of Close Up bearing wheels that all perform great - even my set that I dropped in a saucepan of noodle soup - on two occasions!
Back to top Go down
Ironfingers
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Ironfingers

Oak wheels review  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oak wheels review    Oak wheels review  EmptyWed May 16, 2012 9:49 am

blosom wrote:
Grendel wrote:
Ironfingers wrote:

sure. this is exactly what i do....i think you have to with oaks, as the bearings are centered.

I do this with all wheels since I got my ys a while back, I don't like my wheels to move around to much on the hanger but it seems to slow my wheels down significantly
Back to top Go down
AyieYeaah!
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Companies : Fingerboarding! and skate
Setup : Fngrmfia 32mm deck ( from Malaysia )
Blackriver trucks 2.0 super silver
Oak wheels blue motion

Oak wheels review  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oak wheels review    Oak wheels review  EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 1:51 pm

Hey, between Flatface g5 blackriver edition wheels and oak wheels, which is better ?
Back to top Go down
Tomi
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Oak wheels review  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oak wheels review    Oak wheels review  EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 2:16 pm

AyieYeaah! wrote:
Hey, between Flatface g5 blackriver edition wheels and oak wheels, which is better ?

G5's are pretty much one of the hardest wheels on the market and oak's are the softest, so it's up to your preferences. So if you like hard wheels get g5's and if you like soft wheels get oaks. If you don't know which ones you like test them both.
Back to top Go down
Luis Correia
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Luis Correia

Oak wheels review  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oak wheels review    Oak wheels review  EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 11:55 am

test oaks first very happy I am so happy with mine, but due to complecations I only have 2 sad but I will have alll of them soon LOL
Back to top Go down
callumfb95
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
callumfb95

Trucks
Oaks

Oak wheels review  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oak wheels review    Oak wheels review  EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 11:57 am

Ohhh your 1 day in from doing a really bad bump ahah oh well what do you meen only having 2 man ? 2 wheels ?
Back to top Go down
Luis Correia
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Luis Correia

Oak wheels review  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oak wheels review    Oak wheels review  EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 12:06 pm

yeah my first packages (with all of them) was lost somewhere in the post office, and Ricardo confused me with other client that complained about whatever, so Ricardo was going to sent him the 2 wheels because of the screwed up one, but he sent them to me, and now I'm just waiting for the other package, the full set...so I'll have 6 Royal Blue Oaks <3 I asked Ricard if he wanted me to send the 2 wheels back, it wasn't a problem for me, but he said the I could have them because he confused with the other dude, and I was like....awesome!
Back to top Go down
callumfb95
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
callumfb95

Trucks
Oaks

Oak wheels review  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oak wheels review    Oak wheels review  EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 12:09 pm

Luis Correia wrote:
yeah my first packages (with all of them) was lost somewhere in the post office, and Ricardo confused me with other client that complained about whatever, so Ricardo was going to sent him the 2 wheels because of the screwed up one, but he sent them to me, and now I'm just waiting for the other package, the full set...so I'll have 6 Royal Blue Oaks <3 I asked Ricard if he wanted me to send the 2 wheels back, it wasn't a problem for me, but he said the I could have them because he confused with the other dude, and I was like....awesome!
haha awesome hes sorted ricardo very happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Oak wheels review  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oak wheels review    Oak wheels review  Empty

Back to top Go down

Oak wheels review

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next