Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLovedrug deck review Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lovedrug deck review

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tomi
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

Lovedrug deck review Empty
PostSubject: Lovedrug deck review   Lovedrug deck review EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 11:22 am

So first of all, these decks are handmade by Mikkel Soder in Denmark. They are sold at 13 dollars price, which is really cheap price for such a high quality decks as these! You can get these from Lovedrug's site here: http://www.freewebstore.org/lovedrugstore/storepage1132743.aspx or you can try and ask Mikkel S on this forum if he can make a custom deck for you. So first some pics:

Deck in the packaging:
Lovedrug deck review 10869736

Deck setted up:
Lovedrug deck review 10869807

Countersinks:
Lovedrug deck review 10869738

Holes:
Lovedrug deck review 10869739

Shape:
Lovedrug deck review 10869735

Shipping
It took about 3 days to get here from Denmark to Finland, which is really good. The deck came nicely wrapped in a bubble mailer.

First impressions
I was really stoked about how nice the deck was looking! I really liked the black bottom ply and the plies were awesome. Especially for the price, I was really surprised.

Craftsmanship
Craftsmanship was one of the things that I was probably the most stoked about. The deck is really well pressed on a cnc made metal mold, so the shape is really consistent through the dips and kicks. The holes are really nice, although the countersinks look a little bit messy, but you really can't see it because you put tape on the top so it isn't anything major and doesn't affect the performance any way. There isn't really any other negative things on the craftmanship to point of. Rounding is pretty nice all over the edges.

Performance
This deck is probably one of the best I've tried ever performance wise. I bought this custom from Mikkel himself, so the deck's width is perfect for me, 28mm. The shape might look pretty hardcore if you're used to more mellow decks (just like I were), but it really isn't and it's really fun shape after you've gotten used to it. It took a while to get used to it though, like 30 minutes but after it, it was heavenly to use it. The kicks are pretty standardly rounded and pretty good for my liking. The deck is around 100-101mm long, it's pretty good length although I like more shorter decks because I get more control on them, but that's all about preference. Holes are all good and I was able to put my trucks on easily without any problems. Lacquer is nice, although my deck doesn't have much of it. After a couple weeks it's starting to get some scratches on the lacquer, but that isn't a bad thing at all and gives the deck more personal look. Pop is pretty good too. Overall the performance of this deck is top notch.

Overall
Overall this deck is totally worth the price and performs and looks really good. Probably one of the cheapest decks in the market, but probably one of the most solid decks in the market too imo. Go support Lovedrug!

Thanks for reading my review, I hope it helped you and you enjoyed reading it! albino
Back to top Go down
Pepe M.
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Pepe M.

Setup : 29mm

PostSubject: Re: Lovedrug deck review   Lovedrug deck review EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 5:53 pm

i want oneeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Tomi
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

PostSubject: Re: Lovedrug deck review   Lovedrug deck review EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 4:32 pm

Any opinions about the review? That I can work on to get them better.
Back to top Go down
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

Companies : Flatface my ass

PostSubject: Re: Lovedrug deck review   Lovedrug deck review EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 6:36 pm

That deck looks so much better than the one Melvin has.. craftsmanship wise.. But sick review.
Back to top Go down
Will Sparrow-Saunt
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Will Sparrow-Saunt

Companies : findlocalhotmoms.com
Setup : Weca (what else?)
BRTs
FF Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Lovedrug deck review   Lovedrug deck review EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 6:54 pm

awesome review! I seriously want one tongue
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/flippyfingerboards
Ken .I
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Ken .I

Setup : Blosom 32mm
Brt wides
Substance Zeros
Ace tape
TKY's

PostSubject: Re: Lovedrug deck review   Lovedrug deck review EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 11:23 pm

I love it when reviews are really discriptive happy

That loveD has an awesome shape!
Back to top Go down
Tomi
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture

PostSubject: Re: Lovedrug deck review   Lovedrug deck review EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 5:37 pm

Thanks guys happy Go get one!
Back to top Go down
Melvin A Thomas
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Melvin A Thomas

Companies : fingerboarding, robotic studies
Setup : Pure,tec deck independant trucks 32mm, susbatance Classic Reloaded.

PostSubject: Re: Lovedrug deck review   Lovedrug deck review EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 5:40 pm

sick review, i think Mikkel put little bit work on the new ones. cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lovedrug deck review   Lovedrug deck review Empty

Back to top Go down

Lovedrug deck review

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1