Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalWhy not just give away the stuff you don't use? Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why not just give away the stuff you don't use?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DarrylM
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Why not just give away the stuff you don't use? Empty
PostSubject: Why not just give away the stuff you don't use?   Why not just give away the stuff you don't use? EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 10:25 pm

First of all don't get me wrong, I'm not asking for free stuff.

Why not just find someone who doesn't have anything but a tech deck, and give them a deck you have just taking up space. I'm not saying give away a Berlinwood or anything like that. Maybe just some products that didn't suit your preferences. It will help the scene grow, even if it is grows just by 1.

I myself have done this. I went to reddit.com/r/fingerboards and offered the stuff I did not use, or could not trade. I ended up finding a couple people to give stuff away to. Even if you just give it to a friend of yours who seems mildly interested in fingerboarding.

Yeah, sure I didn't get the money i spent on the products back, but it was worth it.
Back to top Go down
Javiera Méndez
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Javiera Méndez

PostSubject: Re: Why not just give away the stuff you don't use?   Why not just give away the stuff you don't use? EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 10:32 pm

A while back here comes the Kaliz event, I went there about to do my thing and stuff... I saw this kid sitting on the bench with his head in his lap, I ask "what is wrong?" he replied "someone stole my setup I just got for my birthday last month" I quickly ask him what his setup was(like it's any of my business) "Berlinwood Wide Low Neon Camo, BRT 2.0 wide and G5's" so I really did felt bad for him because he said he said his parents spent a lot of money on the setup and I didn't want him just to sit there and watch everyone fingerboard and for him to feel sad about the thief who stole it, So I handed over my setup and said, "Keep it!".. It was a Berlinwood Elias, Chrome wides and g6x's I gave it to him for the following purposes 1) I have a sponsor with decks/trucks & ramps & 2) I would feel better about myself knowing I helped someone out that day. He literally jumped out of his seat with joy and he gave me a big hug and his face turned bright red and he said "THANK YOU!" and I just smiled, me and him had a big session on the parks! But I felt good about giving my setup to him.. then later at the event my sponsors: Kaliz(the owner) walked up to me with a little box and said, "here's a surprise inside" I look it a Kaliz Engraved deck with trucks and everything! But that was when the Kaliz event happen.
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Why not just give away the stuff you don't use? J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: Why not just give away the stuff you don't use?   Why not just give away the stuff you don't use? EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 10:40 pm

I'm pretty sure a lot of people do such things.

When i worked at a school i helped a lot of the kids learn to fingerboard instead of just playing with the Tech Decks.. Then i got Close Up and Flatface to hook them up, and i also threw in some of my old stuff.
Back to top Go down
DanielM
Supporter
Supporter
DanielM

Setup : サワーす

PostSubject: Re: Why not just give away the stuff you don't use?   Why not just give away the stuff you don't use? EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 10:41 pm

I don't mind as long as it gets to the right people
Back to top Go down
GIllybear
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
GIllybear

PostSubject: Re: Why not just give away the stuff you don't use?   Why not just give away the stuff you don't use? EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 10:47 pm

I Do it all the time tongue its apart of market researching tongue
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/dgilliam87
huggiemanbearpig
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
huggiemanbearpig

PostSubject: Re: Why not just give away the stuff you don't use?   Why not just give away the stuff you don't use? EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 2:52 am

Javiera Méndez wrote:
A while back here comes the Kaliz event, I went there about to do my thing and stuff... I saw this kid sitting on the bench with his head in his lap, I ask "what is wrong?" he replied "someone stole my setup I just got for my birthday last month" I quickly ask him what his setup was(like it's any of my business) "Berlinwood Wide Low Neon Camo, BRT 2.0 wide and G5's" so I really did felt bad for him because he said he said his parents spent a lot of money on the setup and I didn't want him just to sit there and watch everyone fingerboard and for him to feel sad about the thief who stole it, So I handed over my setup and said, "Keep it!".. It was a Berlinwood Elias, Chrome wides and g6x's I gave it to him for the following purposes 1) I have a sponsor with decks/trucks & ramps & 2) I would feel better about myself knowing I helped someone out that day. He literally jumped out of his seat with joy and he gave me a big hug and his face turned bright red and he said "THANK YOU!" and I just smiled, me and him had a big session on the parks! But I felt good about giving my setup to him.. then later at the event my sponsors: Kaliz(the owner) walked up to me with a little box and said, "here's a surprise inside" I look it a Kaliz Engraved deck with trucks and everything! But that was when the Kaliz event happen.

That story makes me want to highfive you, you probably made that kid's day. happy
Back to top Go down
Diemond
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Diemond

Companies : skating, fingerboarding

PostSubject: Re: Why not just give away the stuff you don't use?   Why not just give away the stuff you don't use? EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 3:00 am

Javiera Méndez wrote:

Where are more people like you, this is the nicest thing!

Lucky kid
Back to top Go down
SeamusMcFlurry
Supporter
Supporter
SeamusMcFlurry

Companies : Mars Hill Fingerboarding
Setup : Compiny 33.5 Final Test Deck
ACE V3
BRT Wides Jack Black
FF Team Editions
Substance Single Bearings

PostSubject: Re: Why not just give away the stuff you don't use?   Why not just give away the stuff you don't use? EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 7:52 am

That is an amazing story happy *high fives*
Back to top Go down
Javiera Méndez
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Javiera Méndez

PostSubject: Re: Why not just give away the stuff you don't use?   Why not just give away the stuff you don't use? EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 11:57 am

Thanks everyone for the kind remarks upon my statement, I did make his day.
The next day, he added me on Facebook and sent me a long message about how thankful he is.
Back to top Go down
Oscar V.
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Oscar V.

Setup :
jrh
brt
wnk
fbs

PostSubject: Re: Why not just give away the stuff you don't use?   Why not just give away the stuff you don't use? EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 12:21 pm

People like you still exist? My faith in humanity is restored.
Back to top Go down
Bobbernaut
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Bobbernaut

Setup : Homemade Mellow Wide Split
China Wides (Red/White)
No Comply's (Black)
CNC Bearing Wheels (Red)
China Foamtape (Black, duh)

PostSubject: Re: Why not just give away the stuff you don't use?   Why not just give away the stuff you don't use? EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 1:00 pm

Javiera Méndez wrote:
You are such a good kid! very happy
Back to top Go down
Strawberry_Crush
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Strawberry_Crush

Setup : Blosom 32.5mm / Ytrucks X4 / G6-5 / Riptape

PostSubject: Re: Why not just give away the stuff you don't use?   Why not just give away the stuff you don't use? EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 4:24 pm

It depends on the person I guess. A friend gave this kid a YW complete (worth probably $60) because the kid lost his setup. Not a week later we see him trying to sell it because he "needed cash". He ended up trading the deck away I think.

Also I saw your post on reddit. That was pretty nice of ya.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why not just give away the stuff you don't use?   Why not just give away the stuff you don't use? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why not just give away the stuff you don't use?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1