Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalTech Deck Longboards Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tech Deck Longboards

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TheFingerBreaker
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
TheFingerBreaker

Setup : Zilly Deck
Ytrucks X3
Winkler Wheels Classic
China Tape

Tech Deck Longboards Empty
PostSubject: Tech Deck Longboards   Tech Deck Longboards EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 1:11 pm

So I just bought a TD Longboard and as a Longboarder I think it was pretty cool
But many fingerboarders thinks that Tech Deck is ruining the fingerboard community
What do you as a fingerboarder think of the new Tech Deck longboards or about Tech Deck in general
Post a reply below happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/FingerBreaker07
broxi
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
broxi

Companies : Sport, Music
Setup : Soma, BRR Trucks, TKYs, King Size vOnes, RipTape.

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck Longboards   Tech Deck Longboards EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 1:24 pm

Tech Deck will mostly likely be the company that got everyone into fingerboarding, or at least a large number of the people.

I bought a longboard just for the trucks but the board itself was quite fun to mess around on.
Back to top Go down
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

Companies : Flatface my ass

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck Longboards   Tech Deck Longboards EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 3:42 pm

TheFingerBreaker wrote:
So I just bought a TD Longboard and as a Longboarder I think it was pretty cool
But many fingerboarders thinks that Tech Deck is ruining the fingerboard community
What do you as a fingerboarder think of the new Tech Deck longboards or about Tech Deck in general
Post a reply below happy

wait who thinks that?
Back to top Go down
TheFingerBreaker
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
TheFingerBreaker

Ytrucks X3
Winkler Wheels Classic
China Tape

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck Longboards   Tech Deck Longboards EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 3:51 pm

I heard some people like go:Oh Tech Deck sucks they ruin the fingerboarding with trick tape and longboards so I heard some people that don't like it
Back to top Go down
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck Longboards   Tech Deck Longboards EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 3:53 pm

Oh ye I agree with trick tape.. but in my oppinion I like the trick tape on the longboard i just skate down a hill with the trick tape stuck to my fingers .
Back to top Go down
Jay W
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular

Setup : G12
Brt's
Oaks
Rip

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck Longboards   Tech Deck Longboards EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 3:56 pm

Lol, I'm pretty sure everyone here loves techdeck! There stuff isn't that great, but they act as a welcoming mat to the world of fingerbaording
Back to top Go down
TheFingerBreaker
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
TheFingerBreaker

Ytrucks X3
Winkler Wheels Classic
China Tape

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck Longboards   Tech Deck Longboards EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 3:57 pm

Yeah I hate when people say that Tech Deck was one of the companies that started fingerboarding and also many people discover fingerboarding with Tech Deck
Back to top Go down
GIllybear
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
GIllybear

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck Longboards   Tech Deck Longboards EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 4:00 pm

Trick tape is great for the little kids that just wanna play... very happy pluss its probably the best anti slip tape you can get very happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/dgilliam87
Noel
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Noel

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck Longboards   Tech Deck Longboards EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 4:01 pm

i know some one in my school who hates trick tape alot of people do.
Back to top Go down
Strawberry_Crush
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Strawberry_Crush

Setup : Blosom 32.5mm / Ytrucks X4 / G6-5 / Riptape

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck Longboards   Tech Deck Longboards EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 5:28 pm

Tech Deck makes fine products...for their target audience, which are kids. The longboards are a great novelty though, and the 32mm trucks are great cheap wide trucks.
Back to top Go down
White Anchor
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Companies : Tattooer at @wolves_workshop
Setup : Genius 32.5 & Brt's

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck Longboards   Tech Deck Longboards EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 7:40 pm

I agree with you, I just try the new longboard truck ( not the inverted ), and it's work perfectly with Substances Flow. And, the shape is a lot better than all china wides, and they are perfect for all people ride some large deck (34mm). Also, the " idontknowtheenglishname" place where you screw on the nuts, (for wheels and bushings) is more small, you can screw your nut at maximum, and keep rolling flow... I love them really, a good alternativ to BRR.

Also, I do some pics with a photograph from Tech Deck magazine. I was on the cover (and in the interview pages, and poster) on the first and the second mag. They paid me for that like 100euros, + they bought some pizza... And I comeback to my boardingschool with an huge pack of icecream. Friends are so jealous, but they love the icecream cheers

I remember always this afternoon/night (2hours of shoot) and it was pretty cool, with realy lovely people !

Last edited by White Anchor on Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck Longboards   Tech Deck Longboards EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 7:43 pm

My unboxing
Back to top Go down
Strawberry_Crush
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Strawberry_Crush

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck Longboards   Tech Deck Longboards EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 10:31 am

White Anchor wrote:
Also, the " idontknowtheenglishname" place where you screw on the nuts, (for wheels and bushings) is more small

That would be the axle.

And that was cool of them to buy you ice cream and pizza.
Back to top Go down
AxelWahl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AxelWahl

Companies : I own Weca bi$h
Setup : Weca
Blackriver trucks
Bawse wheels

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck Longboards   Tech Deck Longboards EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 10:44 am

Wait, some of the Tech Deck longboard trucks are inverted and some are like normal trucks? I have only seen the inverted ones.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axelwahl
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck Longboards   Tech Deck Longboards EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 11:17 am

AxelWahl wrote:
Wait, some of the Tech Deck longboard trucks are inverted and some are like normal trucks? I have only seen the inverted ones.
Yeah man, some are independent exwide trucks happy
The inverted ones would be horrible on a setup, aha!
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck Longboards   Tech Deck Longboards EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 11:39 am

I think TD don't really harm the fingerboarding scene. Most people are introduced to fingerboarding through Tech Deck. My first fingerboard wasn't a Tech Deck but it was Tech Deck products that I developed my skills on. Even in 2008, I was riding a Tech Deck G8 with Substance wheels until I finally managed to buy a Berlinwood.

They come out with a lot of new stuff but there are also people like me, skateboarders and collectors. Licensed skateboard graphics are always cool but I mainly collect the different shapes of boards. I know a lot of people on FFI bought the longboards for the trucks. You might say this is taking away the income of innovative fingerboard companies but I still think these types of customers will be buying from both independent companies and Tech Deck.

AxelWahl wrote:

In the newest series of longboards, yeah. There are 6 different shapes of longboards with about 2 graphics for each shape? One shape has a Santa Cruz graphic and has a standard truck.

The previous series of TD longboards, also from 2012, has just 1 shape of board and all come with Independent branded trucks. These are probably the best TD 32mm trucks.

The newest standard ones are like the Indy ones but unbranded and without pivot cups.

Then you have some older 2010 ones (I am currently using some on my AFX 32 deck). They're like the newest ones but without soft bushings or washers.

Also you have the longboards from 2000. They have 33mm trucks and the shape is a tiny bit different.
Back to top Go down
White Anchor
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck Longboards   Tech Deck Longboards EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 6:03 pm

Strawberry_Crush wrote:

That would be the axle.

It's only the part on the axle where you screw on the nut. I don't find the word in english sorry.
And, yes it was very cool from them. We do the shoot in a apartment, one street above my highschool, because it was during the week, and i have to go in class. The guy come to take me at the end of class, in a old school van, like american skater'ones. He tell me he is the do some work, like sponsoring events, for quicksilver and billabong, and tech deck too. A very interessant man. The photograph was really cool too, impossible to stress with them ! We do the shot in his girlfriend apartment, in Montpellier. They are all nice persons. If i can do some pics with them, or just eat a pizza, i will do. For free, i don't care. It's amazing to see incredible people like them.
Back to top Go down
AxelWahl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AxelWahl

Companies : I own Weca bi$h
Setup : Weca
Blackriver trucks
Bawse wheels

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck Longboards   Tech Deck Longboards EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 6:29 pm

I went to the toy shop today and I saw one TD longboard with normal trucks very happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axelwahl
Strawberry_Crush
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Strawberry_Crush

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck Longboards   Tech Deck Longboards EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 6:50 pm

White Anchor wrote:
Strawberry_Crush wrote:

That would be the axle.

It's only the part on the axle where you screw on the nut. I don't find the word in english sorry.
And, yes it was very cool from them. We do the shoot in a apartment, one street above my highschool, because it was during the week, and i have to go in class. The guy come to take me at the end of class, in a old school van, like american skater'ones. He tell me he is the do some work, like sponsoring events, for quicksilver and billabong, and tech deck too. A very interessant man. The photograph was really cool too, impossible to stress with them ! We do the shot in his girlfriend apartment, in Montpellier. They are all nice persons. If i can do some pics with them, or just eat a pizza, i will do. For free, i don't care. It's amazing to see incredible people like them.

Woah. They sound super chill, not what I'd expect from a Tech Deck photoshoot. Do you still have the picture? It'd be interesting to see it.

Also, that part is called the axle/screw thread
Back to top Go down
skeep222
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
skeep222

Companies : Secks Decks, Fingerblast Ramps Co.
Setup : Woob
brts
ff x winklers

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck Longboards   Tech Deck Longboards EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 6:55 pm

Strawberry_Crush wrote:
White Anchor wrote:
Strawberry_Crush wrote:

That would be the axle.

Woah. They sound super chill, not what I'd expect from a Tech Deck photoshoot. Do you still have the picture? It'd be interesting to see it.

Also, that part is called the axle/screw thread

I think he means the threads ?
Back to top Go down
Strawberry_Crush
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Strawberry_Crush

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck Longboards   Tech Deck Longboards EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 7:30 pm

Ben GP wrote:

I think he means the threads ?

That's...what I said.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck Longboards   Tech Deck Longboards EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 7:34 pm

White Anchor wrote:
I agree with you, I just try the new longboard truck ( not the inverted ), and it's work perfectly with Substances Flow. And, the shape is a lot better than all china wides, and they are perfect for all people ride some large deck (34mm). Also, the " idontknowtheenglishname" place where you screw on the nuts, (for wheels and bushings) is more small, you can screw your nut at maximum, and keep rolling flow... I love them really, a good alternativ to BRR.

Also, I do some pics with a photograph from Tech Deck magazine. I was on the cover (and in the interview pages, and poster) on the first and the second mag. They paid me for that like 100euros, + they bought some pizza... And I comeback to my boardingschool with an huge pack of icecream. Friends are so jealous, but they love the icecream cheers

I remember always this afternoon/night (2hours of shoot) and it was pretty cool, with realy lovely people !
'

Agree, great for BW wide/low
Back to top Go down
White Anchor
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck Longboards   Tech Deck Longboards EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 8:00 pm

Threads, yes ! It's that, thanks.
Reppy, I think it's depend what wheels you use. With substances, it's work better for 33/34mm. With 32mm it's a bit too large.

And Strawberry, i have already some of these if you wan't. I can post them in my topic, in photo/video.
EDIT: I'm not on my computer, i will do it tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
TDUBBS
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
TDUBBS

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck Longboards   Tech Deck Longboards EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 8:39 pm

Strawberry_Crush wrote:
Tech Deck makes fine products...for their target audience, which are kids. The longboards are a great novelty though, and the 32mm trucks are great cheap wide trucks.

The 32mm trucks were working good...till they broke in a week lol. The axle pin on one wheel came popped out. Also, the longboard 32mm trucks have slightly too much room for a normal fingerboard wheel on the axle pin. This is because the longboard wheels are a little bit wider. However, tech deck is coming out with 32mm decks so they will most likely have better fitting trucks. Can't wait to test those out.
Back to top Go down
Bakko
Bakko

Companies : Primitive Decks Co.

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck Longboards   Tech Deck Longboards EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 10:21 pm

Got a longboard with the inverted trucks at a local toyshop the other day and I had forgot how cheap they are wich was a pleasant surprise. Just got it to check out the inverted trucks in case I want to make a custom longboard. I have had it in the back of my mind for some time now to do a replica of one of the Norwaii Longboards. Cus they are rad! very happy

On a sidenote I do love Techdeck no matter what, but for too long has their efforts been more of a shelf item still in the box then actualy ridable decks. Would be cool if techdeck did come out with something simular to a pro setup though. Makes me wonder who at Techdeck is making all the wierd designs for wooden shapes and (even more wierd) getting paid to do it. Cus their doing it wrong and need to get their act together so kids can get something decent enough for beginners from the start. Shape of the "expert sk8" was terrible.. awkward

Last edited by Bakko on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tech Deck Longboards   Tech Deck Longboards Empty

Back to top Go down

Tech Deck Longboards

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next