Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalTech deck upgrade to what? Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tech deck upgrade to what?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
wever75
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Tech deck upgrade to what? Empty
PostSubject: Tech deck upgrade to what?   Tech deck upgrade to what? EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 5:32 pm

Hey guys! I'm looking to upgrade from my tech deck, i recently got into fingerboarding again and I'm addicted lol. I dont want to spend more than $40 but I don't want china junk. I've been looking at the flat face g5 close up complete, anyone know anything about those? Anyone know of any other good completes? I've heard a lot about frost too.
Back to top Go down
WantSomeSlaw
Trade Moderator
WantSomeSlaw

Setup : What's a fingerboard?

PostSubject: Re: Tech deck upgrade to what?   Tech deck upgrade to what? EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 5:54 pm

G5s are crap imo. And they aren't made by Flatface.
I'd go for either a Frost complete. It's only like $30, and you get an amazing deck with china trucks and wheels
or a Roswells complete. Roswells come fully assembled and you get to choose all the color combos for everything happy
Oh, and welcome to the forum happy
Back to top Go down
wever75
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Tech deck upgrade to what?   Tech deck upgrade to what? EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 5:58 pm

Ok, thanks! I'll check out those rose walls!
Back to top Go down
WantSomeSlaw
Trade Moderator
WantSomeSlaw

PostSubject: Re: Tech deck upgrade to what?   Tech deck upgrade to what? EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 5:58 pm

wever75 wrote:
Ok, thanks! I'll check out those rose walls!
www.roswellsskateboards.com for your convenience wink
Back to top Go down
Jared
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Jared

Companies : birdslayer
Setup : birdslayer / creamy goo
brt
ff brr ed

woob rlx / creamy goo
brt / wc
winkler big daddyz

PostSubject: Re: Tech deck upgrade to what?   Tech deck upgrade to what? EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 5:59 pm

I would recommend getting a nice deck, and then china trucks wheels and tape. I've heard great things about Frost, and Roswells, and there are plenty of reviews. If you need good griptape, check out http://www.brokenknucklefingerboards.com/?q=node/1 I have their tape on one of my setups and it's really nice.
Back to top Go down
wever75
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Tech deck upgrade to what?   Tech deck upgrade to what? EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 6:16 pm

Ok thanks, I'm liking the roswell's a lot! I think I'll get a RD-2, seems perfect!
Back to top Go down
WantSomeSlaw
Trade Moderator
WantSomeSlaw

PostSubject: Re: Tech deck upgrade to what?   Tech deck upgrade to what? EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 6:18 pm

wever75 wrote:
Ok thanks, I'm liking the roswell's a lot! I think I'll get a RD-2, seems perfect!
No, you shouldn't get an RD-2. lol. those are just regular china decks.
I suggest the RD-1 or the RD-5. Maybe since you are beginning, you should go with the RD-1 happy
Of, if you can, could you reference me in the order comments or something. Put in a good name for me to Eric very happy
Back to top Go down
wever75
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Tech deck upgrade to what?   Tech deck upgrade to what? EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 6:24 pm

Whats wrong with rd2?
Back to top Go down
wever75
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

PostSubject: Re: Tech deck upgrade to what?   Tech deck upgrade to what? EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 6:27 pm

Im not a fan of the RD-1, it only comes in a 30MM width and i like wide boards happy
Back to top Go down
WantSomeSlaw
Trade Moderator
WantSomeSlaw

PostSubject: Re: Tech deck upgrade to what?   Tech deck upgrade to what? EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 6:37 pm

wever75 wrote:
Im not a fan of the RD-1, it only comes in a 30MM width and i like wide boards happy
Then you should get an RD-5. See, the RD-2 is just a generic china shape. The RD-5 is a very good shape that not every company carries happy
Back to top Go down
thatfingaboardguy119
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
thatfingaboardguy119

Companies : dank decks

PostSubject: Re: Tech deck upgrade to what?   Tech deck upgrade to what? EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 6:47 pm

yea your not going to find a complete that's professional grade for under 40. I mean roswells or frost are nice. check those out. http://www.frostfbs.com/FrostFingerboards/Home.html or roswells link is up above ^. you can purchase just a deck and buy trucks and wheels off ebay or something.. like say you like the shape of a g12 you can buy that and buy trucks and wheels on ebay for under $10 .. very happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/thatfingaboardguy119
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tech deck upgrade to what?   Tech deck upgrade to what? Empty

Back to top Go down

Tech deck upgrade to what?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1