Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalTheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Szymon Matejuk
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Szymon Matejuk

Companies : TheFingerboarder.com

TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! Empty
PostSubject: TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ!   TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 4:23 pm

Hello and welcome!

We want to share to you the amazing news and upcoming events for TheFingerboarder, and what better way to promote that one of the main chambers of the fingerboarding world - FBHQ! Here we are, after a long run that is narowing it down to another official fingerboard website.

To those of you who don't know us yet, our goal is simple... become the #1 fingerboard source for product reviews and news. We want to 'unite' the fingerboard world with partnerships between the many websites making it easy for you fingerboarders to enjoy fingerboarding in a friendly environment happy

We are on the inernet only since 2010 and after a month of hard-work on the website, this week we released the official review and news section that will easily be used in the future years. We are working on a new background image for the site but the organization is all pretty much finished. There will also be a picture voting section under the pictures tab where users can upload their own picture and rate on others'. A lot of cool things are comming our way in 2013. For more info and our goals visit the FAQs page where you can as well find a lot of questions and their answers.

Please note that some pages are still under construction and the full site will launch on January of 2013.

You can check out our reviews and posts before the "Organization milestone" but note that a preview of the posts we'll feature was written yesterday (that was a "Website review" category not yet listed in our FAQs). From November 9th, all posts are officially... official tongue

We'll try to write full reviews this week as our sponsors are sending in products about each week from now on. There will be a lot of "Product reviews" this week as well as some "New things!" and "Website reviews". There will be new posts each day and all are up to date from the date published.

We are looking for partners and websites to feature under our "Partners" section on our sidebox so if you want your website to be promoted, send an email to:

matejuks@gmail.com or contact@thefingerboarder.com

We are aiming to be for the first rank under the keyword "fingerboard" and related. Our team of SEO experts estimate the cycle to be completed by mid 2013.

Our ultimate goal, as listed above is to unite the fingerboarding world and provide our dear 3540 visitors a month with solid reviews and only the best news from all over the world. We are open to feedback, questions and comments of how we can improve the site since it will be all for you guys! wink

Back to top Go down
http://thefingerboarder.com/
TaylorT
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
TaylorT

Companies : Designer @ ¿Maybe? Skateboards, Live Video Director @ Westgate Chapel, Friend of Ollie @ Compiny Fingerboards
Setup : Until further notice:
Homewood New Mold (Red smokestack graphic)
Ytrucks X4 Tex Black
Flatface G6e's (or Oaks)
New Foamy Greatness

PostSubject: Re: TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ!   TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 4:49 pm

im sorry... but 3540 viewers a month?

i smell a holden

Last edited by TaylorT on Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/FingerSeshNW
Will Sparrow-Saunt
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Will Sparrow-Saunt

Companies : findlocalhotmoms.com
Setup : Weca (what else?)
BRTs
FF Wheels

PostSubject: Re: TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ!   TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 4:59 pm

Kerry/Unite gets about 3540 every few days, i think anyway haha
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/flippyfingerboards
TaylorT
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
TaylorT

Companies : Designer @ ¿Maybe? Skateboards, Live Video Director @ Westgate Chapel, Friend of Ollie @ Compiny Fingerboards
Ytrucks X4 Tex Black
Flatface G6e's (or Oaks)
New Foamy Greatness

PostSubject: Re: TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ!   TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 5:08 pm

idk, i mean, the website just seems kinda unpolished
Back to top Go down
James Johnson
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
James Johnson

Setup : Weca
BRT
JJ
FBS
FF teams

PostSubject: Re: TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ!   TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 5:12 pm

TaylorT wrote:
the website just seems kinda unpolished

Exactly what i thought
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ!   TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 5:13 pm

thefingerboarder.com wrote:
We want to 'unite' the fingerboard world

WOW WHAT A CLEVER PUN I WONDER WHERE YOU GOT THAT FROM.

srsly .___. I'd have been soo much more stoked on that whole post had you not done that. And if it was intended to be a joke.. not really seeing it, but my bad.

and I get 2000+ hits a day to the person who asked.

Also did you really hire an SEO team?
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ!   TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 5:33 pm

I'm not a huge fan.. The site looks unappealing to me and i don't really see what i can get from you guys, that i can't get from unite.
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
TaylorT

Ytrucks X4 Tex Black
Flatface G6e's (or Oaks)
New Foamy Greatness

PostSubject: Re: TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ!   TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 5:40 pm

Mikkel S wrote:
that i can't get from unite.

bing bing bing
Back to top Go down
mattyb
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
mattyb

Setup : im not a cop dude

PostSubject: Re: TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ!   TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:20 pm

unite gang or die
Back to top Go down
Szymon Matejuk
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Szymon Matejuk

PostSubject: :)   TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 6:51 pm

@Taylor T - Yeah 3540 viewers a month, which is... I think good for a site that just started writing posts 1 year ago.. "The site will launch in 2013" mate happy

@kerryDETH - I actually did not intend this as a pun and I'm sorry but is that even a pun? Not much of an SEO team but two people working on it including me happy

@Mikkel S - As I already said, site will launch in 2013 with a completely new look and layout

@mattyb - That's such a cool fucking story! Can you email me the rest?

Back to top Go down
Tyler
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Tyler

PostSubject: Re: TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ!   TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 7:00 pm

Didn't you try this same thing a couple months ago?
Back to top Go down
Szymon Matejuk
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Szymon Matejuk

PostSubject: Re: TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ!   TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 7:02 pm

IeatBananas wrote:
Didn't you try this same thing a couple months ago?

I don't understand... When did we "try"?
Back to top Go down
Tyler
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Tyler

PostSubject: Re: TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ!   TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 7:04 pm

I dunno it seems like a little while ago someone was trying to do this same thing. Or maybe it was Holden with fingerboard411 I'm not sure. Your definitely on the right track, though
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ!   TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 7:09 pm

IeatBananas wrote:
I dunno it seems like a little while ago someone was trying to do this same thing. Or maybe it was Holden with fingerboard411 I'm not sure. Your definitely on the right track, though
It was Holden with Fingerboard411.
Back to top Go down
Szymon Matejuk
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Szymon Matejuk

PostSubject: Re: TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ!   TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 7:10 pm

Thank you, I am sure you will like the website once we start writing some official, complete reviews happy

I'm not sure a lot of you understand that this website is supposed to be a catalog of product reviews. If you want to buy a product but don't know if it is reliable, you will come to TheFingerboarder to read more about it. UniteFingerboarding has this, but the reviews are not detailed as much as to completely know if you will buy or not. UniteFingerboarding has other great things that TheFingerboarder will never have like a description of videos. It's about creating a partnership with all these great sites to form a network between fingerboarders! happy

Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ!   TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 7:15 pm

Thank you, I am sure you will like the website once we start writing some official, complete reviews happy

I'm not sure a lot of you understand that this website is supposed to be a catalog of product reviews. If you want to buy a product but don't know if it is reliable, you will come to TheFingerboarder to read more about it. UniteFingerboarding has this, but the reviews are not detailed as much as to completely know if you will buy or not. UniteFingerboarding has other great things that TheFingerboarder will never have like a description of videos. It's about creating a partnership with all these great sites to form a network between fingerboarders! happy

I have to disagree with you there. Kerry does awesome reviews man. If you don't want people to compare you to Unite then you are going to need to not compare yourself to others as well.
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ!   TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 7:22 pm

@kerryDETH - I actually did not intend this as a pun and I'm sorry but is that even a pun? Not much of an SEO team but two people working on it including me happy

My point was that it's already unite's tagline just ever so slightly reworded? Not at all cool with that tbh.

otherwise I'm intrigued to see what you've got going, but honestly I'd have saved this announcement for when you've got this new stuff sorted, because now you've got people thinking that this is what you've got to offer because unfortunately a lof of kids are just 'tl;dr'.
Back to top Go down
Bearded Fingers
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Bearded Fingers

Setup : OG Deck
Fvcker V5's
TKYs
Winkler Big Daddy'z

PostSubject: Re: TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ!   TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 7:41 pm

I'm not sure a lot of you understand that this website is supposed to be a catalog of product reviews. If you want to buy a product but don't know if it is reliable, you will come to TheFingerboarder to read more about it.

So it's just a product review site? Unite has good product reviews (which we'll get to in a minute), videos, news and a bunch of links to other fingerboarding sites and resources. What gap does your site fill exactly that hasn't already been filled, and then some?

As for you issue with Unite's reviews; Kerry knows what he's talking about, has good relations with alot of manufacturers and has built up a reputation as a force for good, imho, within the international fingerboarding community. You want to just launch your site and, immediately, have the same sort of status? What qualifies you to even be a fingerboard reviewer? I could be a reviewer if I set up a site and started publishing my ramblings. It doesn't mean I would be any good, because to be perfectly honest I don't know what I'm talking about. So for the time being, I would rather get my information from a trusted source, like Unite. And as for the reviews not being detailed enough, how much information do you need to make up your mind whether to buy something or not? Do you actually require the review to end with "BUY THIS NOW!"?
Back to top Go down
Bakko
Bakko

Companies : Primitive Decks Co.

PostSubject: Re: TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ!   TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 7:47 pm

I find this to be a unprofessional strategy to "market" your site as of 2012/2013 by simply posting it on FBHQ like that..
Back to top Go down
Melvin A Thomas
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Melvin A Thomas

Companies : fingerboarding, robotic studies
Setup : Pure,tec deck independant trucks 32mm, susbatance Classic Reloaded.

PostSubject: Re: TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ!   TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 8:11 pm

TaylorT wrote:
Mikkel S wrote:
that i can't get from unite.

bing bing bing

dING , DONG ,DANG.....
Back to top Go down
broxi
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
broxi

Companies : Sport, Music
Setup : Soma, BRR Trucks, TKYs, King Size vOnes, RipTape.

PostSubject: Re: TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ!   TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 8:16 pm

Like I, and many others, have said in various threads in the company updates section of this site: develop your product fully before advertising it.

Get your site up and running, know your market inside out and try to develop your reputation within that market.

No point advertising a product that you isn't ready for release yet. Seriously, don't try to advertise then do the work involved in creating and maintaining a news/information website, do itt the other way round. Build your site up, then advertise it!

Back to top Go down
Szymon Matejuk
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Szymon Matejuk

PostSubject: Re: TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ!   TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 8:21 pm

@kerryDETH - Had no idea that was your tagline, my bad. And you right, I guess we need to show our full out-come then happy

@Bearded Fingers - It's not a product review site, but it's based to be one. Our website will not only feature great product reviews, but all the great things on Unite's as well. We are also working on adding a pictures voting section under our pictures tab. But it's not about that. I have not seen all the fingerboard companies listed on UniteFingerboarding, and not a complete fingerboard community yet. Unite's reviews are great, I know that, but ours are as well. And yes, we want to build a site like UniteFingerboarding...

We don't want immediate status! When did I ever write that? What qualifies me to be a fingerboard reviewer is what I can write! My good reviews and fingerboarding experience provide that and of my collegues. I don't understand your point at all since you don't know me and what I have to offer. That's a great idea you have there and it's exactly what I plan on doing, learning more from a source that is already well situated in the community.

@Bakko - As well as for you... Your post is bad and you should feel bad since your unprofessional "location" is worse.

@broxi - Thank you for your response, and the only advice I got from anyone. I will do this since I guess I will get eaten by all your Unite's before I get anywhere...
Back to top Go down
Bakko
Bakko

Companies : Primitive Decks Co.

PostSubject: Re: TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ!   TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 8:34 pm

Bad post....lmfao....its just too obvios to not comment on the matter mate.. wink
Back to top Go down
Bearded Fingers
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Bearded Fingers

Fvcker V5's
TKYs
Winkler Big Daddy'z

PostSubject: Re: TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ!   TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 8:48 pm

I don't understand your point at all since you don't know me and what I have to offer.

That is my point; Nobody knows who you are. Who says your reviews are great (other than you)? An ability to write means nothing. Look, I'm doing it right now.

It just sounds like you want to rip off Unite, steal ideas, and be an overnight success. Good luck with that, I won't be supporting it in anyway.
Back to top Go down
Bearded Fingers
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Bearded Fingers

Fvcker V5's
TKYs
Winkler Big Daddy'z

PostSubject: Re: TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ!   TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 8:48 pm

Bakko wrote:
Bad post....lmfao....its just too obvios to not comment on the matter mate.. wink

lmfao
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ!   TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! Empty

Back to top Go down

TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next