Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalTheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! - Page 2 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Szymon Matejuk
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Szymon Matejuk

Companies : TheFingerboarder.com

TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ!   TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 8:54 pm

@Bearded Fingers - Nobody says my reviews are great because people like you won't let us spread our word! Thanks for not supporting us, that makes me feel a lot more confident but wait... I am confident because it will be a success no matter if f****** like you try to stop me. Thanks for helping!

Kisses,
TheFingerboarder
Back to top Go down
http://thefingerboarder.com/
Matt Matysek
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Matt Matysek

PostSubject: Re: TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ!   TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 9:09 pm

You're not really helping your image here at all with any of that..
Back to top Go down
Bearded Fingers
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Bearded Fingers

Setup : OG Deck
Fvcker V5's
TKYs
Winkler Big Daddy'z

PostSubject: Re: TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ!   TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 9:13 pm

Szymon Matejuk wrote:
@Bearded Fingers - Nobody says my reviews are great because people like you won't let us spread our word! Thanks for not supporting us, that makes me feel a lot more confident but wait... I am confident because it will be a success no matter if f****** like you try to stop me. Thanks for helping!

Kisses,
TheFingerboarder

Thanks, you're post just made my night! Seriously, nearly wet myself with laughter!

Wah Wah Wah! Cry baby, cry.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMcFlurry
Supporter
Supporter
SeamusMcFlurry

Companies : Mars Hill Fingerboarding
Setup : Compiny 33.5 Final Test Deck
ACE V3
BRT Wides Jack Black
FF Team Editions
Substance Single Bearings

PostSubject: Re: TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ!   TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 9:14 pm

Szymon Matejuk wrote:

@mattyb - That's such a cool fucking story! Can you email me the rest?

That's about where you lost me mate. Grow up, watch your language and try learning something about customer service, otherwise your website is going to tank. Good luck.

EDIT: Just read page two. What are you, 6? Man, I've seen preteens on here who are more mature than you. Stop being a dick or get out. I'm amazed no one's suggested you get banned for being abusive.
Back to top Go down
Szymon Matejuk
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Szymon Matejuk

PostSubject: Re: TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ!   TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 9:23 pm

Yeah, I'm being a dick. Haha
Back to top Go down
Matt Matysek
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Matt Matysek

PostSubject: Re: TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ!   TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 9:27 pm

I can't even tell if you're being sarcastic or serious.
Back to top Go down
Szymon Matejuk
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Szymon Matejuk

PostSubject: Re: TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ!   TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 9:30 pm

Okay guys, I realize I have to go a little bit easier on you all. Sorry for swearing (so terribly sorry) and I think we all got on the wrong foot here so let's all be friends and enjoy the time!

Sooo, I very much apologize and... welcome to TheFingerboarder!

Hope you all have a great day/rest of the night and may Jessus be with you all. happy
Back to top Go down
Flippedoutfb
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Flippedoutfb

Companies : FingerPrintRamps.
Setup : 32mm yellowwood wasp deck,Ytruck32mm x4 ed whitecolor with oak acid green wheels.derik j handmade 32mm deck with brr32mm trucks ff brr edition wheels.30mm,Yellowood dl headset graphic,blackriver trucks,FF G7O dual wheels.THose are my main 3 sets at the moment.

PostSubject: Re: TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ!   TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 11:46 pm

Imao I dont care if you have a website or not if I like it ill goto it.I never really get in these arguments because there often foolish but I do have one question and will be as respectful as I can because I do not know you from adam, but it seems no one knows who you are and your specs say you are sponsored by blackriver,yellowwood and flatface. If so thats pretty impressive and I would think being sponsored by the 3 biggest names in the scene your name would be well known .Just a ? I was suprised no one else had asked.
Back to top Go down
Deshawn Harris
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Deshawn Harris

PostSubject: Re: TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ!   TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 12:21 am

I want to see how this comes together.

Other than poor choice of taglines, another site like this will be nice.
Back to top Go down
GIllybear
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
GIllybear

PostSubject: Re: TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ!   TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 1:16 am

That layout is horrible!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/dgilliam87
TaylorT
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
TaylorT

Companies : Designer @ ¿Maybe? Skateboards, Live Video Director @ Westgate Chapel, Friend of Ollie @ Compiny Fingerboards
Setup : Until further notice:
Homewood New Mold (Red smokestack graphic)
Ytrucks X4 Tex Black
Flatface G6e's (or Oaks)
New Foamy Greatness

PostSubject: Re: TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ!   TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 1:22 am

If this is legit, i take back what i said. I'll give props, where props are due. but lemme just tell you... this seems like one big scam
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/FingerSeshNW
Jake R
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Jake R

Companies : ha
Setup : lovedrug
brt wides
sow S1

PostSubject: Re: TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ!   TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 2:50 am

TaylorT wrote:
If this is legit, i take back what i said. I'll give props, where props are due. but lemme just tell you... this seems like one big scam

how is this a scam doesnt he buy his stuff?
Back to top Go down
Diemond
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Diemond

Companies : skating, fingerboarding

PostSubject: Re: TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ!   TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 3:08 am

Swearing and been all aggressive against people won't get you fans or whatever.
It'd be like going and buying from a company who doesn't give a shit about there customers.
You want people to visit your page? Then be nice to people etc.

Also, this sounds a lot like unite as said before, Kerry does an amazing job with his reviews etc!
Why would you need to make a website based on reviews or whatever you plan on doing?

Back to top Go down
DarianN
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
DarianN

PostSubject: Re: TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ!   TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 3:59 am

Flippedoutfb wrote:
Imao I dont care if you have a website or not if I like it ill goto it.I never really get in these arguments because there often foolish but I do have one question and will be as respectful as I can because I do not know you from adam, but it seems no one knows who you are and your specs say you are sponsored by blackriver,yellowwood and flatface. If so thats pretty impressive and I would think being sponsored by the 3 biggest names in the scene your name would be well known .Just a ? I was suprised no one else had asked.
I asked about this and he said he'll remove it. Guess he never did. He's not sponsored by any one of them.
Back to top Go down
AxelWahl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AxelWahl

Companies : I own Weca bi$h
Setup : Weca
Blackriver trucks
Bawse wheels

PostSubject: Re: TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ!   TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 6:46 am

I think the website was kinda cool in the beginning but i lost that after you started to say all these bad things.
That's not how you want to start something, by saying bad stuff to your target group.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axelwahl
Daloof
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daloof

Companies : O.G. Decks
Setup : Tech deck flip with super slippy fome tape
Freestyle fb super whels
Hot rod fb trucks wit my bushin I made

PostSubject: Re: TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ!   TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 7:43 am

The thing I am wondering, is how you can try to sound so professional, and then completely forget about your image that you're trying to make?

This is an obvious sign of an early failure.
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ!   TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 10:30 am

I think we should all just stop recycling the same old negative comments on this guy - it's been said, comment on another topic. for now let's just leave this guy to do what he plans to do, then we can form proper opinions once it's out.
Back to top Go down
Bearded Fingers
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Bearded Fingers

Fvcker V5's
TKYs
Winkler Big Daddy'z

PostSubject: Re: TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ!   TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 10:51 am

I've just read the latest "review" on the site. Dated 10th November 2012, "Manual Ramps – Website" http://thefingerboarder.com/manual-ramps-website/#more-1240

I'm going to ignore the overwhelming sense of irony that flooded my senses as soon as I opened the page and try to remain objective about the article as it stands, regardless of what's been happening here at FBHQ.

The writing style is pretty poor; full of colloquialisms and badly structured. The detail is vague and I can't see any signs of research other than assumption and references to the company's website. There are also a few instances of swearing, not something I have a problem with at all, but it's inappropriate in this context.

I hate to say I told you so but...

Back to top Go down
Oscar V.
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Oscar V.

Setup :
jrh
brt
wnk
fbs

PostSubject: Re: TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ!   TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 11:34 am

When I read it I thought it would be like 'The Swedes came to Unite'. I was disappointed

Now a review on your review.

Be much more professional on your reviews. If you want to compare, compare it to a previously made product by the same company and not another company's. Second, you only looked at the fucking pictures and didn't try it yourself! Third, I have seen that poll on another famous fingerboarding website (which I will be searching for). Why not make something your own? Fourth, Why do you have donations? AFAIK unite and FBTV doesn't have donations so why do you?
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! - Page 2 J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ!   TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 12:00 pm

Guys... Take a deep breath and get over the hating.. The Manual Ramps article is an article, not a review.

There is a few mistakes in the article that you might want to avoid next time Szymon.

- R$ is not american dollars it's the brazilian currency "real", which is about $0.49

- Your way of writing is generally a bit.. uhm.. a bit too "internet" and casual. Like "that this is some serious shit." seems kinda misplaced, but it could be the kind of writing you are going for and good luck with that then happy

I think however that the article is a bit overkill for showing a website. I'm kind of a slow reader so i could have checked out the website myself faster than reading your article.
Back to top Go down
Bearded Fingers
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Bearded Fingers

Fvcker V5's
TKYs
Winkler Big Daddy'z

PostSubject: Re: TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ!   TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 12:26 pm

I'm not "hating", I was trying to give an honest appraisal of the article. Szymon says he wants to bring people together with the common interest of fingerboarding (correct me if I'm wrong). If that's the case, he needs to make his material accessible to a wide audience. I was trying to point out that, at the moment, his writing style is only accessible to the people that speak the language of the internet, something that I for one try to avoid. To be perfectly honest, sometimes the wording on Unite frustrates me, but overall it's put together with a mature perspective.

Good writing is open to anyone. That's why Shakespeare has been translated and read by people the world over, no matter what the language; a good writer can weave a tapestry of words that anyone can appreciate.

Honestly, Szymon, I applaud your endeavour but as it stands at the moment, I can't see it being a success. Mainly because your attitude is wrong, and your style is immature and narrow sighted.
Back to top Go down
Szymon Matejuk
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Szymon Matejuk

PostSubject: Re: TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ!   TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 5:05 pm

Thanks all for your questions, I want the viewers themselves to leave feedback as to how we can change the website into the final version. The site is only in preview form and by 2013 all changes will have been fixed (we hope).

To those who are wondering, we did get a large product shipment from Blackriver for reviews a couple of months ago when the website was about 5 months into. Last month and the month before no posts where posted on the site since we were busy with setting up plans, etc. This month we resumed our work. We also did get a small package from Flatface for their reviews and are close to 'partnering' with Yellowood.

The layout could be better, I agree and we are working on getting a new background for the website. We were thinking of a 2D fingerboard skatepark that goes vertically down. What do you guys think?

@BeardedFingers - I understand, that post was a "Webiste review" but maybe I should just change that category into "Website overview" happy

@Oscar V. - It's a "Website review" so the stuff there is a little vague, yes. I will work on adding more detail and fixing something like 'cool facts'. The posts in the future will be much more lengthy and actual posts since right now we don't have much to work with happy Also, I have never seen a poll like that anywhere else but I will work on making another one! happy

Mikkel S - My mistake, I will fix that straight away. You're right, the style I aim for is easy to read. If TheFingerboarder is to be on the #1 rank for "fingerboard", alot of kids will be going on it, that is why we do focus on creating a "funner" experience. As soon as the site develops and we get more material to review, the posts we make will be much more influenced for real fingerboarders. Actually, I was thinking the same way: "why would someone read this other than just go check the site out themselves", haha but I guess I will work on adding a few things that are not on the website like facts about the company, or even work together with the company to create interesting, unique content.

Read to answer more feedback! I appreciate your guys' time to change the site and it gives a different perspective. I appologize again for my rude behavior yesterday and maybe I just had a bad day. Anyway, that won't happen again! happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ!   TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

TheFingerboarder comes to FBHQ!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2