Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalHelp with custom graphic Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help with custom graphic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ollie
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer

Help with custom graphic Empty
PostSubject: Help with custom graphic   Help with custom graphic EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 8:00 am

Hey guys, so I just ordered a maple new mold from homewood and I wanna do a custom paintjob/graphic. I need to know what's the best type of paint/ method of applying it so it lasts super long. I don't reeeealllly want to re-laquer it cus I'm fairly certain I'd fuck it up. Anyone have experience? I have an airbrush an I'm pretty awesome at hand painting so skill isn't an issue. Best methods?
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Help with custom graphic J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: Help with custom graphic   Help with custom graphic EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 4:25 pm

Get a sticker made.

It's not the best way to do graphics but you seem like you want the most simple way.
Back to top Go down
Ollie
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer

PostSubject: Re: Help with custom graphic   Help with custom graphic EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 7:10 pm

No not really the most simple way. I'd rather not do a sticker. Any tips for painting? Thanks btw!
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
TaylorT

Companies : Designer @ ¿Maybe? Skateboards, Live Video Director @ Westgate Chapel, Friend of Ollie @ Compiny Fingerboards
Setup : Until further notice:
Homewood New Mold (Red smokestack graphic)
Ytrucks X4 Tex Black
Flatface G6e's (or Oaks)
New Foamy Greatness

PostSubject: Re: Help with custom graphic   Help with custom graphic EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 7:55 pm

i'd recommend hand painting it. you'll have to regloss. http://www.createforless.com/Krylon+Triple+Thick+Glaze+12+oz/pid19951.aspx?utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=cse&cagpspn=pla&CAWELAID=1439800891&catargetid=1425973636&gclid=CPq3g-eborQCFSmCQgodNB0ANg

our family does a LOT of pinewood derby, that's the best gloss we've found over 10 years of experience. just go with medium coats, do about 5-10 coats to taste. will look so glossy you'll think it's water
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/FingerSeshNW
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with custom graphic   Help with custom graphic Empty

Back to top Go down

Help with custom graphic

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1