Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalThoughts on the Shooting Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thoughts on the Shooting

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DarianN
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
DarianN

Thoughts on the Shooting Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on the Shooting   Thoughts on the Shooting EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 10:30 pm

Thoughts on the Shooting 382080_10200169256944351_525593048_n
I agree with this.
Tell me if you think different.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Self
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Patrick Self

Setup : Deck: Berlinwood wide low 'Martin Winkler' graphic
Trucks: TD longboard 32mm
Wheels: Winkler wheels Bblackriver ed.
Tuning: Flatface teflons
Tape: FBS extra smooth

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Shooting   Thoughts on the Shooting EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 10:57 pm

I sort of agree with this article, but with the columbine shooting it was different. I think that if the parents were more involved with their children then they would've noticed the many propane bombs in their rooms.

I sort of think this situation is a little the same. If the kid was soo messed up in the head and soo depressed to go kill other human beings, then the parents should've noticed and got them to talk to someone or with their parents. In the report it tell us the CT shooter killed him self after he killed the children which kinda lets you know that he was pretty depressed. And if he had talked to someone he may have seen the better side of life and not killed the children and teachers and even his own mother.

Theirs my view on both the shooting, but to cut that short, I think all parents should know what happening with their kids and should teach their kids that its O.K to talk to them about their issues.
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Shooting   Thoughts on the Shooting EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 11:40 pm

Honestly a lot of the crazy people like this tend to blend in with everyone else. I wouldn't exactly say gun control is the answer but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to lock up your guns. The guns used in the two recent shootings were stolen I believe and that's just dumb on the owners part. I also think that a lot of it has to do with people's social life. You hear about how all these kids get to the point where people talk about killing someone and people take it as a joke instead of sitting there and really asking the person if they're ok.I really could talk about this kind of stuff all day long but I'll end my rant lol.
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Shooting   Thoughts on the Shooting EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 11:58 pm

Too tired to read it, but I saw 'Morgan Freeman', so I agree.
Back to top Go down
DarianN
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
DarianN

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Shooting   Thoughts on the Shooting EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 12:01 am

The gun's were licensed to his mom.
and I never looked at it the way Mr Freeman did, but I kinda do blame the media. They make it more of a competition to see who can make the better killing sprees. It's stupid.
They should keep down the amount of information they release to the Public.
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Shooting   Thoughts on the Shooting EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 12:04 am

DarianN wrote:
and I never looked at it the way Mr Freeman did, but I kinda do blame the media. They make it more of a competition to see who can make the better killing sprees. It's stupid.
I'm sure his mom didn't give him permission to take the guns though lol. Therefor he stole them. We have gun safes for a very good reason. She also knew he was having some issues of his own yet didn't seem to really help him. As much as I'd like to blame the media I hink we need to just blame ourselves as a society. I'm sure someone noticed he was going through something terrible yet we ignored it. Instead of having our government pay for other programs how about we have more institutions dedicated to helping the mentally disturbed? I'm not saying that the media isn't making things worse but I think that people will blame almost anything but themselves.

Last edited by RyanMarshment on Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Patrick Self
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Patrick Self

Setup : Deck: Berlinwood wide low 'Martin Winkler' graphic
Trucks: TD longboard 32mm
Wheels: Winkler wheels Bblackriver ed.
Tuning: Flatface teflons
Tape: FBS extra smooth

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Shooting   Thoughts on the Shooting EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 12:07 am

RyanMarshment wrote:
DarianN wrote:
I'm sure his mom didn't give him permission to take the guns though lol. Therefor he stole them. We have gun safes for a very good reason. She also knew he was having some issues of his own yet didn't seem to really help him. As much as I'd like to blame the media I hink we need to just blame ourselves as a society. I'm sure someone noticed he was going through something terrible yet we ignored it. Instead of having our government pay for other programs how about we have more institutions dedicated to helping the mentally disturbed?

Tottaly agree, the parents or realtives or freinds should've really just have talked with him and helped him.
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Shooting   Thoughts on the Shooting EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 12:10 am

Exactly Patrick and even if it was one of those cases where he needed more then jsut someone to talk to that's why we need to have institutions for people to take them to. Banning guns is just not going to happen so I really think that having a place dedicated towards helping people in his shoes would really make a difference.
Back to top Go down
DarianN
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
DarianN

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Shooting   Thoughts on the Shooting EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 12:11 am

RyanMarshment wrote:
DarianN wrote:
I'm sure his mom didn't give him permission to take the guns though lol. Therefor he stole them. We have gun safes for a very good reason. She also knew he was having some issues of his own yet didn't seem to really help him. As much as I'd like to blame the media I hink we need to just blame ourselves as a society. I'm sure someone noticed he was going through something terrible yet we ignored it. Instead of having our government pay for other programs how about we have more institutions dedicated to helping the mentally disturbed? I'm not saying that the media isn't making things worse but I think that people will blame almost anything but themselves.
Yeah Ryan, I agree with what you're saying. Remember that he killed his mom though...His friends/family fucked up big time, but I'm saying in general. There were multiple shootings after the on in Connecticut. One at Fashion Island Mall (High end community, 15 minutes away from me), San Antonio, Denver, and a couple other places as well.
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Shooting   Thoughts on the Shooting EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 12:15 am

DarianN wrote:
RyanMarshment wrote:
DarianN wrote:
Yeah Ryan, I agree with what you're saying. Remember that he killed his mom though...His friends/family fucked up big time, but I'm saying in general. There were multiple shootings after the on in Connecticut. One at Fashion Island Mall (High end community, 15 minutes away from me), San Antonio, Denver, and a couple other places as well.
Yeah he killed his mom cause he was clearly fucked up in the head and by the looks of it she didn't do much to help him.
Back to top Go down
skeep222
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
skeep222

Companies : Secks Decks, Fingerblast Ramps Co.
Setup : Woob
brts
ff x winklers

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Shooting   Thoughts on the Shooting EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 12:25 am

While I agree with the original quote, it wasn't said by morgan freeman.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/newtown.asp

Here's my rant on this very topic that I posted on the FaceBook:

Who's ready for an early morning rant?
Ok, here we go.
The shooting in Connecticut was an awful tragedy. So many lives were lost to a maniac who's intentions are still unclear. But getting rid of guns WILL NOT help this. If somebody wants to do some evil act, then THEY WILL FIND A WAY TO DO IT! It is perplexingly easy to get things that are illegal here in America. Just look at every one addicted to hard drugs. Illegal? Yes. Do they still get it incredibly easily? Yes again. As they say, if there's a will there's a way.
In the wake of this, politicians will use it as ammo , no pun intended, to try and get rid of one of America's constitutional rights. Maybe guns aren't the issue here... IT'S THE PEOPLE! People are so self absorbed and only think about themselves here. We need to think of each other constantly, and help each other out. Finally, please do not pray or ask god for help in these situations, as pure as your intentions are it will not help, especially at this point. What you CAN do to make a big difference today, tomorrow, and every day is BE KIND. Who knows? maybe if somebody had just given this guy a hug and said "I love you," this horrendous event would not have occurred? I can't say it still would not have happened, but really we have no way of knowing. Nothing "happens for a reason" and this tragedy very well could have been prevented. I truly from my heart of hearts hope at least one of you who have taken the time out of your day to read my painstakingly long facebook post will go out and do a kind deed for someone, because god knows who really needs it.
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Shooting   Thoughts on the Shooting EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 12:27 am

Well put Ben. It's time to take some personal responsibilty and own up that we aren't looking out for our communities as well as we could be.
Back to top Go down
Gurman
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Gurman

Companies : none.
Setup : Homewood New Mold
Foamy Greatness.
Ytrucks X3
Flatface G6D's

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Shooting   Thoughts on the Shooting EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 2:45 am

Another problem is that if the murderer is thought to be mentally challenged, then they put him/her in a mental asylum for a while and they're back on the streets. Its such an easy way out for killers to act mental and not go to jail. At least, that's what I've heard.

I am sincerely sorry to those people whose loved ones died, but we have to remember: Many people die in Africa daily, and there lives are equally valuable. The media has caused everything, as Morgan Freeman masterfully said. If murderers didn't become infamous for doing such evil deeds, there would be a significant reduction in this kind of crazy stuff.

Back to top Go down
grantinator
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
grantinator

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Shooting   Thoughts on the Shooting EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 3:28 am

tbh im sick of people putting this off and blaming it on someone else. (the gov. and its lack of restriction of guns, gun laws) Even though the people are not related to shooter at all, I feel as if they need to put it on some higher power, find a scapegoat that isnt one human at all. In so many things i see this, I wish people could accept that they are partially to blame. They could have talked to him , they could have gotten him help, they could have locked up their guns, but no, instead they put in on the gov. I think the reason people who are completely unrelated do this is because they could make the same mistake, so if all the blame goes to someone else, they never are a real factor as a part of the atrocity.
Back to top Go down
DarianN
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
DarianN

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Shooting   Thoughts on the Shooting EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 4:29 am

Yeah Grant, this could of happend to anyone. I know the guns were stolen from mom, but I agree she obviously could have been a better mother. Unless he was one of those people that showed no sign that anything was wrong with him.
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
TaylorT

Companies : Designer @ ¿Maybe? Skateboards, Live Video Director @ Westgate Chapel, Friend of Ollie @ Compiny Fingerboards
Setup : Until further notice:
Homewood New Mold (Red smokestack graphic)
Ytrucks X4 Tex Black
Flatface G6e's (or Oaks)
New Foamy Greatness

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Shooting   Thoughts on the Shooting EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 6:47 am

i agree with that image. but also, some people cant be helped by "talking"... mental illness doesnt always work like that
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/FingerSeshNW
DimitarZlatarev
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
DimitarZlatarev

Setup : Berlinwood wide+low
Blackriver Trucks super silver wide 2.0
Flatface g6'd wheels

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Shooting   Thoughts on the Shooting EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 10:04 pm

Guys, imagine if that happens to your school... Holy f***
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

Companies : BLOSOM

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Shooting   Thoughts on the Shooting EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 10:15 pm

only in America.
Back to top Go down
DimitarZlatarev
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
DimitarZlatarev

Flatface g6'd wheels

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Shooting   Thoughts on the Shooting EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 10:20 pm

Ikr.. ... Usa still haven't learned from their mistakes .. i remember something like this happened in Columbine if I'm right ? And now kinda the same thing..
Back to top Go down
kiwi95
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer

Setup :

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Shooting   Thoughts on the Shooting EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 10:55 pm

DimitarZlatarev wrote:
Ikr.. ... Usa still haven't learned from their mistakes .. i remember something like this happened in Columbine if I'm right ? And now kinda the same thing..
the columbine happened because the kids were made fun of, not the same thing, and i am insulated by the fact that you say OUR mistakes , what mistakes have we made ?
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Shooting   Thoughts on the Shooting EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 11:01 pm

Keelan I agree that it's a little insulting but our culture is so much different in America. You don't hear as much about shootings other countries like you do here. That being said there are terrible people everywhere so to say "only in America" or that "we haven't learned from our mistakes" is a little ignorant.
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

Companies : BLOSOM

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Shooting   Thoughts on the Shooting EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 11:05 pm

oh dont get me started.

saying only in America is ignorant???

maybe it is a little, but the fact is its true.

the last killing of lots of people with guns by someone was the dark knight rises??? (or am i mistaken)

you dont get these 'massacres' happen in other countries, (ok sure some smart arse might point out one) but the fact is its every so many months in America.

it dont take a genius to work out why.

to say 'you dont hear about shooting in other countries' is ignorant. because its b0ll0cks.

of course you do, only they dont happen every other week like in the states

sure, you get killings which are related to religion, but this sort of stuff is common place in your home.
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Shooting   Thoughts on the Shooting EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 11:10 pm

Yes I do belive it is a little. I'm not saying the shootings aren't happening or that there's nothing wrong with what's going on over here but you guys are acting like we're doing something wrong. What is it that we're doing over here? Cause last I checked people not locking up their guns wasn't my fault nor is it my fault that kid didn't get the proper help.
Back to top Go down
kiwi95
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer

Setup :

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Shooting   Thoughts on the Shooting EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 11:12 pm

there are shootings everyday in america, its the media that make these things a big deal, if there was a tv stations just for shootings in the US. there would always be news. its the media that gets it out there.
Back to top Go down
DimitarZlatarev
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
DimitarZlatarev

Flatface g6'd wheels

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Shooting   Thoughts on the Shooting EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 11:29 pm

keelan W wrote:
DimitarZlatarev wrote:
the columbine happened because the kids were made fun of, not the same thing, and i am insulated by the fact that you say OUR mistakes , what mistakes have we made ?

Chill out bro.. I ain't talkin about you obviously.. I'm talking about government,police..

And yeah what about the cinema thing.. the dark knight rises premiere ? So yeah... How can a heavily armed person get in cinema or primary school .. I swear the columbine could be prevented if the fucking police wasn't chilling outside the school while the massacre was happening .. they were too scared to go in .. ffs
Also Obama mentioned “Can we honestly say that we’re doing enough to keep our children, the answer is no.. Thats what Obama said

Last edited by DimitarZlatarev on Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the Shooting   Thoughts on the Shooting Empty

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on the Shooting

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next