Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalMake any bearing wheel fit BRR trucks Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Make any bearing wheel fit BRR trucks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
acefingerboarding
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
acefingerboarding

Companies : acefingerboarding .com
Setup : Ace V2 tape
Blosom deck
BRR 2.0 trucks
Winkler BRR wheels

Make any bearing wheel fit BRR trucks Empty
PostSubject: Make any bearing wheel fit BRR trucks   Make any bearing wheel fit BRR trucks EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 4:22 pm

Don't know if this was posted before, as it dates from 2010.
Nevertheless, real simple and super effective!
Back to top Go down
http://acefingerboarding.com
JakeC
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
JakeC

PostSubject: Re: Make any bearing wheel fit BRR trucks   Make any bearing wheel fit BRR trucks EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 4:35 pm

Nice technique, would save a lot of money. very happy
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Make any bearing wheel fit BRR trucks J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: Make any bearing wheel fit BRR trucks   Make any bearing wheel fit BRR trucks EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 4:38 pm

You risk bearing slipage though.
Back to top Go down
Bakko
Bakko

Companies : Primitive Decks Co.

PostSubject: Re: Make any bearing wheel fit BRR trucks   Make any bearing wheel fit BRR trucks EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 5:30 pm

Yeah, good call Mikkel. Since 2010 it apparently it never catched on due to wheels slipping onto the truck hanger causing frequent locking of wheels. So its back to wheel washers on regular wides with those wheels before you know it. The thrick of the BRR editon wheels is not the size of the hole on the back side of the wheel, it is in the lip inside the wheel that keep the bearing in its place..
Back to top Go down
DimitarZlatarev
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
DimitarZlatarev

Setup : Berlinwood wide+low
Blackriver Trucks super silver wide 2.0
Flatface g6'd wheels

PostSubject: Re: Make any bearing wheel fit BRR trucks   Make any bearing wheel fit BRR trucks EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 5:36 pm

Seriously guys I'm really wondering what problems your talking about haha... I'm using ffg6 on brt wides and they are basically rolling smooth... How do I check if the bearing isn't in place ? Last time I took of the wheels and i couldn't find a problem ..
Back to top Go down
Bakko
Bakko

Companies : Primitive Decks Co.

PostSubject: Re: Make any bearing wheel fit BRR trucks   Make any bearing wheel fit BRR trucks EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 6:42 pm

What Mikkel is pointing out is that the non BRR edition wheels does not have the lip inside to keep bearings centered where intended. That is the main difference between a non BRR edition and a BRR edition wheel, and not mainly the size of the hole on the back of the wheel.

Thats why there is a risk of getting bearing slippage and wheel catching on truck hanger. This might happen because of hard landings on the side of the wheels etc. it does not meen that it will happen straight away depending on the wheel and bearing itself. If all goes well this will never happen, but there is a risk of it happening thats all.. happy
Back to top Go down
Jay W
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular

Setup : G12
Brt's
Oaks
Rip

PostSubject: Re: Make any bearing wheel fit BRR trucks   Make any bearing wheel fit BRR trucks EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 6:12 am

DimitarZlatarev wrote:
Seriously guys I'm really wondering what problems your talking about haha... I'm using ffg6 on brt wides and they are basically rolling smooth... How do I check if the bearing isn't in place ? Last time I took of the wheels and i couldn't find a problem ..

G6's do have bearing locks. Mike never changed the machining steps from generation to generation except in the g7/g7.1's. the flatface brr Ed wheels just have wider holes on the backs and more efficient bearing locks. But you really wont run into issues with g6's on brt's
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Make any bearing wheel fit BRR trucks   Make any bearing wheel fit BRR trucks Empty

Back to top Go down

Make any bearing wheel fit BRR trucks

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1