Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalFingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pureskate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Pureskate

Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot Empty
PostSubject: Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot   Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 12:43 am

Okay, so I'm pretty sure that most of us fingerboards have gone into Home Depot, Lowes, Builders Square ect to look for wood or things to grind or something fingerboarding related.

So today I'm looking at the granite slab baseboards as a possible new ledge to grind on with my fingerboard and the guy who works there starts talking to me.

Eventually he asks me what this is for or what I plan on doing with it. So of course I just make up something like "home decoration" or whatever.

Now the question I ask is this. Should I have said that I plan on using it for fingerboarding?

Has anyone else done something similar to what I just described?
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot   Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 12:54 am

Well I mean why not just say what it's for? I doubt he'd be helpful unless he fingerboards though lol.
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot   Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 1:01 am

Yea.. I have heard that people in Home Depot don't want to sell to fingerboarders cause they think we are all evil warriors from Sauron's army.
Back to top Go down
skeep222
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
skeep222

Companies : Secks Decks, Fingerblast Ramps Co.
Setup : Woob
brts
ff x winklers

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot   Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 1:12 am

mikkel i did this one time and he put me in a choke-hold and shouted "WHERE IS THE RING?!"
Back to top Go down
mattyb
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
mattyb

Setup : im not a cop dude

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot   Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 1:33 am

lol. dont use it for fingerboarding, they acualy put tracking devices in the product ands then watch if you acualy use it for what you are saying, and if you lied, they kill your family
Back to top Go down
Fingerboarder411
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Fingerboarder411

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot   Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 1:33 am

Just tell the truth, it's not going to kill anyone lol.
Back to top Go down
bigflyboy13
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
bigflyboy13

Companies : hshp
Setup : bawse

dynamic 32mm

basic ass single barring wheels

teak tuning

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot   Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 2:22 am

Fingerboarder411 wrote:
Just tell the truth, it's not going to kill anyone lol.

i agree
Back to top Go down
Pureskate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Pureskate

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot   Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 3:00 am

Guys... lol

Well you know not everyone knows about fingerboarding and it may be hard to explain.

They usually think that your doing some kind of plumbing work or home remodeling or something, but then when you tell them its about fingerboarding and then they just think its for your toy skateboard and they don't take you all that seriously anymore.
Back to top Go down
Trevor Westad
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Trevor Westad

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot   Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 4:34 am

Yeah I alwase feel stOOpiD saying its for fingerboarding. Most of the time the dont ask though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forgivenfingerboards.com/
morrowsnow
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
morrowsnow

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot   Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 5:35 am

Yeah, I got free granite samples! very happy
Back to top Go down
AxelWahl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AxelWahl

Companies : I own Weca bi$h
Setup : Weca
Blackriver trucks
Bawse wheels

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot   Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 9:21 am

Yesterday I went to a granite/floordecoration shop to look after some mosaic poolcoping stuff, so I asked a guy in the shop if they had any small sheets of the tiles and he went in to the inventory with me and after a while of searching he asked me what I would use it for snd then I explained fingerboarding, I even told him that there are big fingerboard contests and that I would compete in one of them soon. He thought fingerboarding was very cool and wished me luck in the contest and I got a free sample sheet of mosaic tiles very happy
I think it's a lot better to tell the truth.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axelwahl
Will Sparrow-Saunt
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Will Sparrow-Saunt

Companies : findlocalhotmoms.com
Setup : Weca (what else?)
BRTs
FF Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot   Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 9:32 am

Why not tell them?
They won't go sick at you or start beating you up haha
They'll think it's cool that you are using their products to make your hobby more fun and interesting.
At the end of the day, you might even get a free sample, like Axel.. or maybe someone who wants to start fingerboarding tongue
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/flippyfingerboards
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot   Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 3:35 pm

The only thing i could see happening if you tell them about fingerboarding is that the guy says something like "dude, we got a bunch of messed up granite cut off, maybe you can use them". Other than that they will treat you like every other customer.
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot   Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 4:54 pm

^unless they're fingerscooterers. the rivalry is intense, you might get kicked out the shop.
Back to top Go down
morrowsnow
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
morrowsnow

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot   Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 5:29 pm

kerryDETH wrote:
^unless they're fingerscooterers. the rivalry is intense, you might get kicked out the shop.
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

Companies : BLOSOM

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot   Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 5:41 pm

if home depot is anything like b&q (and im sure they are very similar) they dont actually sell granite.....

they sell big 24" inch tiles with a 'granite look' but at the end of the day they are tiles......(the sort that break really easily, and sound terrible when you grind them).

i may be wrong though.....if they did have granite tiles, they would be very expensive.....and they would more than likely be cutting boards.

good luck with cutting it wink
Back to top Go down
acefingerboarding
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
acefingerboarding

Companies : acefingerboarding .com
Setup : Ace V2 tape
Blosom deck
BRR 2.0 trucks
Winkler BRR wheels

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot   Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 5:44 pm

I usually go for 'model building'
Back to top Go down
http://acefingerboarding.com
Flippedoutfb
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Flippedoutfb

Companies : FingerPrintRamps.
Setup : 32mm yellowwood wasp deck,Ytruck32mm x4 ed whitecolor with oak acid green wheels.derik j handmade 32mm deck with brr32mm trucks ff brr edition wheels.30mm,Yellowood dl headset graphic,blackriver trucks,FF G7O dual wheels.THose are my main 3 sets at the moment.

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot   Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 8:48 pm

I get 12x12 real granite tiles from home depot for 1.98 a pc usually when they are low on a ceartin color,or you can getit for higher from 3.00 bucks to 15.00,they also have bigger size tiles as well, and they sale the marle/granite slabs for counter top,but my friend owns a flooring store and I get the conter top pcs from him that have been broke for free just have to pay to cut it.
Back to top Go down
kiwi95
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer

Setup :

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot   Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 9:06 pm

like this ?
Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot Img_0315

i have a and extra one in my shed that we found in a dumpster plan to put a park on it
Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot Img_0316
Back to top Go down
Jay W
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular

Setup : G12
Brt's
Oaks
Rip

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot   Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 11:29 pm

blosom wrote:
if home depot is anything like b&q (and im sure they are very similar) they dont actually sell granite.....

they sell big 24" inch tiles with a 'granite look' but at the end of the day they are tiles......(the sort that break really easily, and sound terrible when you grind them).

i may be wrong though.....if they did have granite tiles, they would be very expensive.....and they would more than likely be cutting boards.

Nah, you can go in there and get a box of 5, 12"x12" tiles for like $25... They're only 1/4" thick so you should be able to cut them with any cheap old wet saw...

My grandfather has a really a big Wet saw though, and there's a family owned counter top place like 15 minutes away from me so I'm gonna see if they have any spare cutoffs of the thick 1" counter top pieces... Maybe they'll have something a little cooler than granite or marble, they may have like slate or limestone or something which would be pretty cool
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot   Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 11:45 pm

Jay W wrote:
blosom wrote:

Nah, you can go in there and get a box of 5, 12"x12" tiles for like $25... They're only 1/4" thick so you should be able to cut them with any cheap old wet saw...

My grandfather has a really a big Wet saw though, and there's a family owned counter top place like 15 minutes away from me so I'm gonna see if they have any spare cutoffs of the thick 1" counter top pieces... Maybe they'll have something a little cooler than granite or marble, they may have like slate or limestone or something which would be pretty cool
Also some places will actually cut the tile you buy for you sometimes. The Lowes near me would cut your cut your tile/marble for you either for free for a small fee.
Back to top Go down
Pureskate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Pureskate

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot   Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 4:26 am

kerryDETH wrote:

LOL

Another example:

Home Depot Employe: I see that you are looking at the drawer handles. Are you building new cabinets?

Me: No

Home Depot Employe: Oh, so you are just replacing the current drawer handles with newer ones?

Me: No

Home Depot Employe: Well then, what the heck are you doing with new drawer handles?

Me: Grind on them with my Techdeck.

Home Depot Employe: What the hell is a Techdeck?

Me: Its a little skateboard.

Home Depot Employe: You use your feet on it?

Me: No, you use your fingers.

Home Depot Employe: I no longer believe that I can help you sir. *slowly walks away*

Back to top Go down
acefingerboarding
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
acefingerboarding

Companies : acefingerboarding .com
Setup : Ace V2 tape
Blosom deck
BRR 2.0 trucks
Winkler BRR wheels

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot   Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 11:27 am

drawer handles are the shit!
Back to top Go down
http://acefingerboarding.com
kiwi95
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer

Setup :

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot   Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 9:29 pm

yea people at home depot look at me like im retarded if i tell them im using this for fingerboarding , so now i just make something up
Back to top Go down
DanielM
Supporter
Supporter
DanielM

Setup : サワーす

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot   Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 10:19 pm

Just say you are making a meth lab
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot   Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot Empty

Back to top Go down

Fingerboarding Supplies @ Home Depot

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next