Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalwhy waste your money Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

why waste your money

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
hanfb
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
hanfb

Companies : FingerBoarding
Setup : I have to many.

why waste your money Empty
PostSubject: why waste your money   why waste your money EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 12:02 am

soo i go on a lot of sites and see harriers selling for 50$+! all u need is some water, cement and a mold which can be somethig from a food container or a bin! i made a harrier in 20 minutes let it dry for awhile and its just like my friends harrier from flatface just without the stamp.. this is all my opinion
Back to top Go down
DarianN
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
DarianN

PostSubject: Re: why waste your money   why waste your money EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 12:03 am

Harriers aren't made of only cement.
Back to top Go down
hanfb
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
hanfb

PostSubject: Re: why waste your money   why waste your money EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 12:05 am

Well they are still overpriced in my opinion:p not much of change
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: why waste your money   why waste your money EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 12:05 am

I really wouldn't call it a waste to be honest. A lot of people really enjoy this hobby and for them it's money well spent since they enjoy the things they buy. Yes you can easily buy the materials to make these things but it's a whole different story when it comes to getting them to be the same quality as Harriers.
Back to top Go down
DarianN
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
DarianN

PostSubject: Re: why waste your money   why waste your money EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 12:06 am

Amen, DJ Marshy Marsh
Back to top Go down
DanielM
Supporter
Supporter
DanielM

Setup : サワーす

PostSubject: Re: why waste your money   why waste your money EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 1:28 am

Han , why don't you start making them and selling them?
see if you can beat their prices and quality
Back to top Go down
hanfb
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
hanfb

PostSubject: Re: why waste your money   why waste your money EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 1:54 am

i sell them to my friends
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

PostSubject: Re: why waste your money   why waste your money EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 2:08 am

Any pictures?
Back to top Go down
JakeC
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
JakeC

PostSubject: Re: why waste your money   why waste your money EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 2:51 am

Harrier isnt just cement. Its probably expensive because of the quality and craftmanship of it.
Also what Ryan said.
Back to top Go down
Trevor Westad
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Trevor Westad

PostSubject: Re: why waste your money   why waste your money EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 3:39 am

Ryan wrote:
I really wouldn't call it a waste to be honest. A lot of people really enjoy this hobby and for them it's money well spent since they enjoy the things they buy. Yes you can easily buy the materials to make these things but it's a whole different story when it comes to getting them to be the same quality as Harriers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forgivenfingerboards.com/
Ken .I
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Ken .I

Setup : Blosom 32mm
Brt wides
Substance Zeros
Ace tape
TKY's

PostSubject: Re: why waste your money   why waste your money EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 3:44 am

Who cares.

Let people buy want they want to buy,
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

PostSubject: Re: why waste your money   why waste your money EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 3:47 am

Ken .I wrote:
Who cares.

Let people buy want they want to buy, he,
Back to top Go down
JavWad
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
JavWad

Companies : Gentle and Cruel
Setup : Custom Red Wolf 32 mm

PostSubject: Re: why waste your money   why waste your money EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 3:54 am

Zink wrote:
Han , why don't you start making them and selling them?
see if you can beat their prices and quality

Lol Best comment for this post. I 100% agree.

Ken .I wrote:
Who cares.

Let people buy want they want to buy,

As well as this. If you think its over price and you can make your own just dont buy them.

Although in the end I do sort of agree with the over priced harriers. But i just dont buy them ^
Back to top Go down
SamW
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
SamW

Companies : all of them

PostSubject: Re: why waste your money   why waste your money EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 5:05 am

I agree that Harriers are overpriced, but really, everything in fingerboarding in overpriced. It's an expensive hobby.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SammyWilken?feature=mhee
TheFingerBreaker
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
TheFingerBreaker

Setup : Zilly Deck
Ytrucks X3
Winkler Wheels Classic
China Tape

PostSubject: Re: why waste your money   why waste your money EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 1:43 pm

I tried to make a Harrier...I failed miserably.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/FingerBreaker07
SeamusMcFlurry
Supporter
Supporter
SeamusMcFlurry

Companies : Mars Hill Fingerboarding
Setup : Compiny 33.5 Final Test Deck
ACE V3
BRT Wides Jack Black
FF Team Editions
Substance Single Bearings

PostSubject: Re: why waste your money   why waste your money EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 2:05 pm

hanfb wrote:
soo i go on a lot of sites and see harriers selling for 50$+! all u need is some water, cement and a mold which can be somethig from a food container or a bin! i made a harrier in 20 minutes let it dry for awhile and its just like my friends harrier from flatface just without the stamp.. this is all my opinion

Because if you mess around with concrete without a clue what you're doing you're likely to give yourself a chemical burn or lung cancer.

Also, Harriers use a combination of admixtures to add strength and impact resistance, as well as (I'm fairly sure of this one) porcelain aggregate. There is a LOT of knowledge that goes into it, as well as the cost of making molds, developing molds, etc.

Also, cement is just glue. If you build an obstacle out of nothing but water and cement you'll end up with a really brittle obstacle that has a tendency to crack during the curing process. Water and cement combined make up only 15-25% of concrete, the rest is aggregate.

And in the end, why waste money on a good set up? People made do with cardboard decks and toy car wheels for twenty years.
Back to top Go down
Deshawn Harris
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Deshawn Harris

PostSubject: Re: why waste your money   why waste your money EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 5:58 pm

I see a lot of 16 and under folk talking about spending money needlessly. study

Its an expensive hobby, but it doesnt have to be.

People who love the hobby will pay whatever for items. Its things like this, however, that i feel many abuse such a fact and hike up prices due to this.

You can either sell a lot for little, or sell little for a lot. Sell 20 for $10, or.. 40 for $5, you still get $200.

Im often amazed that its very one sided in that the consumers have love for the craft and thus pay high amounts, yet the people who make the items charge so much when they have the same love. You can be fair in prices and have great quality, it just takes more time. If you have the love, you'll take the time to bring a good product to the community that wont break mommy and daddy's bank account.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: why waste your money   why waste your money EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 6:13 pm

^agree so much with that post.
Back to top Go down
kyle ashley
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
kyle ashley

PostSubject: Re: why waste your money   why waste your money EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 6:16 pm

People made do with cardboard decks and toy car wheels for twenty years.

thats how i started
Back to top Go down
SamW
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
SamW

Companies : all of them

PostSubject: Re: why waste your money   why waste your money EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 7:17 pm

Deshawn Harris wrote:
I see a lot of 16 and under folk talking about spending money needlessly. study

Its an expensive hobby, but it doesnt have to be.

People who love the hobby will pay whatever for items. Its things like this, however, that i feel many abuse such a fact and hike up prices due to this.

You can either sell a lot for little, or sell little for a lot. Sell 20 for $10, or.. 40 for $5, you still get $200.

Im often amazed that its very one sided in that the consumers have love for the craft and thus pay high amounts, yet the people who make the items charge so much when they have the same love. You can be fair in prices and have great quality, it just takes more time. If you have the love, you'll take the time to bring a good product to the community that wont break mommy and daddy's bank account.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SammyWilken?feature=mhee
JavWad
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
JavWad

PostSubject: Re: why waste your money   why waste your money EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 10:04 pm

littleskateboards wrote:
I agree that Harriers are overpriced, but really, everything in fingerboarding in overpriced. It's an expensive hobby.

Definetly agree. I mean the competes on flat face cost more then a real LIFE SIZE COMPLETE! (At my local skateshop) But what do you do? Just don't buy it..
Back to top Go down
skeep222
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
skeep222

Companies : Secks Decks, Fingerblast Ramps Co.
Setup : Woob
brts
ff x winklers

PostSubject: Re: why waste your money   why waste your money EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 10:22 pm

JavWad wrote:
littleskateboards wrote:

Definetly agree. I mean the competes on flat face cost more then a real LIFE SIZE COMPLETE! (At my local skateshop) But what do you do? Just don't buy it..

well to be fair those completes are the "best of the best" while your skateshop completes are probably not so high end if they cost less than 130 usd. Its comparable to like, idk the specifics exactly, but some expensive ever pop carbon fiber built in cup holder decks, with some tensor titanium trucks with homing beacons built in, bones swiss rainbow bearings, and wheels made out of Duane Peter's dead skin.
Back to top Go down
DarianN
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
DarianN

PostSubject: Re: why waste your money   why waste your money EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 10:31 pm

Skateboard completes for 60 dollars?!?!
Because, thats how much the FF completes are..
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: why waste your money   why waste your money EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 10:41 pm

honestly it's just an argument that's been said a billion times. buy what you like, let others do the same - I cba chiming in any more personally. I know I support the companies I love, you should too happy
Back to top Go down
JavWad
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
JavWad

PostSubject: Re: why waste your money   why waste your money EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 10:50 pm

Ben GP wrote:
JavWad wrote:
littleskateboards wrote:

well to be fair those completes are the "best of the best" while your skateshop completes are probably not so high end if they cost less than 130 usd. Its comparable to like, idk the specifics exactly, but some expensive ever pop carbon fiber built in cup holder decks, with some tensor titanium trucks with homing beacons built in, bones swiss rainbow bearings, and wheels made out of Duane Peter's dead skin.

Lol of course its gonna be cheap of course. I was just jokingly using it as a reference. I was more referring to boards that come as a whole not a custom complete. I've never bought an assembled complete But I've seen bakers in the store at 90$. But its Baker so they snap on Ollie's. But I agree with you most assembled completes are quick snaps. Exactly why I customize.

Btw what you just described is CUSTOM complete
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: why waste your money   why waste your money Empty

Back to top Go down

why waste your money

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next