Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalDid your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money? Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kyl3Buk3r
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Kyl3Buk3r

Setup : Electric Decks 33mm
TD Longboard Trucks
FlatFace T's
Slim and catchy

Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money? Empty
PostSubject: Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money?   Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:50 am

Well today I got my Flatface G13, and my Mom said ''Is that it, it looks like the decks you make.''. So
what I'm asking is did any of your parents think fingerboarding was a waste at first?
Back to top Go down
Tim Lowery
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Tim Lowery

Companies : filming, baseball, and self pleasuring
Setup : Redemption NM
BLUEFLY WIDES
FBS ES
FlatFace G6 D Black

PostSubject: Re: Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money?   Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:55 am

yes and they hate the noise but they put up with it
Back to top Go down
http://www.hardknoxfbs.com
JakeC
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
JakeC

PostSubject: Re: Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money?   Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:57 am

Oh yeah. At first they wouldnt let me order a 4cfb complete, then after a while they didnt bother to look at what im buying.they still say I need to stop buying this because its a 'waste'
But yeah, mine do.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money?   Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 1:11 am

No. They support me on my hobbies, haha. But I don't ask them for anything; I buy my own stuff. They only tell me to stop when they're on the phone talking about something important and I happen to be FBing in the living room or something.
Back to top Go down
Trevor Westad
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Trevor Westad

PostSubject: Re: Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money?   Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 1:32 am

Tim Lowery wrote:
yes and they hate the noise but they put up with it
same..
Back to top Go down
http://www.forgivenfingerboards.com/
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money?   Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 1:43 am

Mine have been super supportive actually. My dad helps me get started on stuff for Temple when I'm having a hard time with it and I'll have him look over my decks to find flaws haha.
Back to top Go down
Kyl3Buk3r
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Kyl3Buk3r

Setup : Electric Decks 33mm
TD Longboard Trucks
FlatFace T's
Slim and catchy

PostSubject: Re: Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money?   Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 2:30 am

She doesn't hate it but she looks over my decks to ryan. She just thinks that i shouldn't spend all my money on it.
Back to top Go down
Matt.w
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Matt.w

Setup : Most Dope Decks
China Wides
China Wheels
Riptape

PostSubject: Re: Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money?   Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 3:49 am

mine hate it. I would always fingerboard on a desk in my room and i was forced to carry it to my basement cause they cant stand the noise
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/204Wit
DarianN
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
DarianN

PostSubject: Re: Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money?   Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 4:07 am

My mom thinks everything is a fucking waste of money and then she goes and spends 30,000 + dollars on her fucking purse.
Back to top Go down
Wilco
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Wilco

Companies : Wilco Fingerboarding
Setup : Flatface g13 32mm

PostSubject: Re: Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money?   Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 4:11 am

I ditto darian. My parents think everything i have is stupid and my mom got a $3000 bread maker. Fuck that.
Back to top Go down
http://wilco.bigcartel.com
DarianN
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
DarianN

PostSubject: Re: Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money?   Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 4:12 am

Wilco wrote:
I ditto darian. My parents think everything i have is stupid and my mom got a $3000 bread maker. Fuck that.
Exactly, now she won't pay for my volleyball and basketball.
This is fucking stupid.
Back to top Go down
kiwi95
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer

Setup :

PostSubject: Re: Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money?   Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 4:26 am

for me making decks.mine really help out as much as they can , my mom is always mailing decks, and my dad takes picture of them, so they both think it's really cool, not a waste at all. and they both give me ideas all of the time. but also i spend 100% of my own money none of theres so yea.
Back to top Go down
Ken .I
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Ken .I

Setup : Blosom 32mm
Brt wides
Substance Zeros
Ace tape
TKY's

PostSubject: Re: Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money?   Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 4:41 am

Not really.

But they do think the noise is annoying.
Back to top Go down
Gurman
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Gurman

Companies : none.
Setup : Homewood New Mold
Foamy Greatness.
Ytrucks X3
Flatface G6D's

PostSubject: Re: Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money?   Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 5:42 am

My parents think it is a waste of money, and definitely hate the noise. They'd rather I didn't fingerboard at all.
Back to top Go down
TheFingerBreaker
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
TheFingerBreaker

Setup : Zilly Deck
Ytrucks X3
Winkler Wheels Classic
China Tape

PostSubject: Re: Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money?   Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 6:08 am

Who's parents doesn't think is a waste of money and annoying?
When I had bought my Berlinwood my dad said:It's alot of money for a little piece of wood.
So my parents defenently think it's a waste but they let me order stuff sometimes happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/FingerBreaker07
AxelWahl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AxelWahl

Companies : I own Weca bi$h
Setup : Weca
Blackriver trucks
Bawse wheels

PostSubject: Re: Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money?   Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 7:01 am

As Ellie said, my parents suport my hobbies. I would never have gone to Berlin in a random weekend if it would not have been for fingerboarding. And my dad also helped me alot when I started Weca. They want me to fingerboard in my room instead of going to the kitchen because they don't like the noise.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axelwahl
Ollie
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer

PostSubject: Re: Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money?   Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 7:08 am

My parents get a little annoyed by the noise, but usually they're really supportive. I think they'd rather I spend a couples bucks on an awesome hobby booze or something. happy my parents actually chip in for my fingerboard stuff sometimes, in fact they bought me my blosom a couple months ago happy also my dad really helps out with Compiny sometimes, like going and getting me supplies or inspecting decks etc. I think my dad actually really likes my fingerboarding, just as long as it doesn't start to fuck withy grades cus I'm too focused on it or something.

Last edited by Oliver32.5 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rekreate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
rekreate

Setup : Berlinwood 29mm
Dumps
ff G6 black
Ex tape

PostSubject: Re: Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money?   Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 7:19 am

My mum likes it and when my dad was in berlin he walked an hour to the bra shop. But my brother hates the sound
Back to top Go down
sebastiaanKruik
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
sebastiaanKruik

Setup :

PostSubject: Re: Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money?   Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 10:45 am

Ellie wrote:
No. They support me on my hobbies, haha. But I don't ask them for anything; I buy my own stuff. They only tell me to stop when they're on the phone talking about something important and I happen to be FBing in the living room or something.

exactly this
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

PostSubject: Re: Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money?   Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 11:15 am

Kingsley. wrote:
My mum likes it and when my dad was in berlin he walked an hour to the bra shop. But my brother hates the sound
Kingsley. wrote:
the bra shop.

Kingsley. wrote:
bra shop.

I bet he did, your mum liked it XD

but for srs..

My mum is proper supportive of it and always has been proud of me, which is always nice to know. My dad and I don't talk, last he said to me in a christmas card was 'hows your skateboard website', haha..

It bugs me that some parents are totally against it, yet they'd have no problem with their kids going out and getting a bit drunk at age 15, because that's 'normal'. #gjparents

Back to top Go down
Jay W
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular

Setup : G12
Brt's
Oaks
Rip

PostSubject: Re: Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money?   Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 11:36 am

My mom thinks its a waste, but then again she thinks everything I do is a waste of money but I spend my own money so she just doesn't care as long as I don't make a mess ins her house. And she can't stand the noise so I have to fingerboard upstairs in my room
Back to top Go down
MrsKatmus
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
MrsKatmus

PostSubject: Re: Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money?   Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 11:46 am

I'm not gonna lie, I was really against Chris FB-ing for a long time, because I couldn't tell the difference between a china complete and a Blosom with BRTs and FF G7s...Now that I actually fingerboard myself, I'm far more open to how much is spent.

Both mine and Chris's parents are cool with it, because its our own money, but when we were still supported by them, they were less open to it.
Back to top Go down
Tyler
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Tyler

PostSubject: Re: Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money?   Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 11:51 am

My parents are actually really supportive of it, most of my hobbies they are.
Back to top Go down
DarraghK
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
DarraghK

Setup : Blosom 32.5mm.
Td longboard trucks.
Flatface G7d's white.

PostSubject: Re: Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money?   Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 1:53 pm

Gurman wrote:
My parents think it is a waste of money, and definitely hate the noise. They'd rather I didn't fingerboard at all.

Exactly the same.
Back to top Go down
callumfb95
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
callumfb95

Setup : Blossom 32.5
Trucks
Oaks

PostSubject: Re: Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money?   Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 2:05 pm

My mum and dad like that i fingerboard there not bothered about the noise and must obvs support it if there letting tech deckers sleep at my house before MuN2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money?   Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money? Empty

Back to top Go down

Did your parents think fingerboarding is a waste of money?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next