Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalPli Deck Review Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pli Deck Review

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
morrowsnow
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
morrowsnow

Pli Deck Review Empty
PostSubject: Pli Deck Review   Pli Deck Review EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 7:31 pm

Here's my PLI review happy I set this bad boy up with some wide BRT's, FF G6X's, and Foamy Greatness!

Shipping - Package was shipped quickly, ordered Sunday, got here on Wednesday. I paid $23 for this deck off the webstore. Packaged very well, in bubble wrap, with peanuts inside the bubble wrap, something I have never seen, but the deck was very well protected. Came in a manilla bubble mailer. It also included 2 black mini PLI vinyls, and 1 mini ply white vinyl. Very clean packaging, and well protected. 10/10

First Impressions - When I took the deck out of the package, the only let down I had was the top ply was written on, telling the size of the deck and and width, and also the nose was marked with a small N. Although my letdown quickly faded when I saw the plies. I got the beautiful maple top PLI, rasta middle PLIes, and then a beautifully lacquered maple bottom PLI. I was definitely blown away by the look. 9.75/10

Craftsmanship - After thoroughly examining this deck for a while, I found no imperfections in the craftsmanship. Everything was rounded well, drilled perfect (the countersink with the rasta looked sooooo amazing) and the lacquer was applied smoothly. The board does smell of wood varnish, but it's not very noticeable. A prettyful deck to say the least. 10/10

Performance - I shredded this deck for about 20 minutes, and realized that it's so fun to ride. It has KRISPY pop, and shape is crazy unique. I would compare it to a G13, but it blow's the G13's shape away. The deck is 33mm by 99mm which gives the feel of the board a nice short, thick ride. The nose is higher then the tail, like noticeably higher, and the kicks are medium. For me when I do my nollie/switch tricks I use the tail anyway, but I notice you can use either side of this board and still have so much fun with it. The deck is fairly thin, and very light, but also very strong. I can land almost every trick with this deck, it's so fun to shred everywhere, flatground, rails, in the quarterpipe, anywhere really. 10/10

Overall - This deck is such a nice ride. The shape is so very unique, mounted with BRR trucks flawlessly, and has unlimited pop that I feel will last for a lifetime. If you're looking for a new setup, I'm telling you to look no further. This was definately NOT a letdown. I'm pretty sure this may be my main setup from now on wink I definitely recommend that you go to the PLI store right now, and pick up a deck, before they sell out! Thanks for reading guys! [b]11/10[b/]

Pli Store Can Be Found Here

An Unboxing Of This Deck Can Be Found Here

Pli Deck Review Img_0012

Pli Deck Review Img_0013

Pli Deck Review Img_0014

Pli Deck Review Img_0015

Pli Deck Review Img_0016

Back to top Go down
Daloof
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daloof

Companies : O.G. Decks
Setup : Tech deck flip with super slippy fome tape
Freestyle fb super whels
Hot rod fb trucks wit my bushin I made

Pli Deck Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pli Deck Review   Pli Deck Review EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 8:19 pm

I would wait a bit more than that to do a review,
Back to top Go down
kerryDETH
Admin
Admin
kerryDETH

Companies : Fingerboarding, Skateboarding
Setup : Blosom 32.5mm
BRT Wides
Witchcraft Teals
Flatface BRR Ed.
Ace Tape

Pli Deck Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pli Deck Review   Pli Deck Review EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 10:50 pm

morrowsnow wrote:

First Impressions - When I took the deck out of the package, the only let down I had was the top ply was written on, telling the size of the deck and and width, and also the nose was marked with a small N.

how the fuck in fucks fuck is that a let down? that's a common thing with many decks, skateboards and fingerboards alike.. would you rather not know which was which, or what size it was?

like nice review otherwise (although I concur that waiting longer might have been a good idea) but I just dont understand that point. Not trying to hate, I simply don't understand how that's a bad thing. happy
Back to top Go down
morrowsnow
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
morrowsnow

Pli Deck Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pli Deck Review   Pli Deck Review EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 12:39 am

kerryDETH wrote:
how the fuck in fucks fuck is that a let down?

hahahaha, I guess it's a personal thing, I like really clean top plies hahaha :p
Back to top Go down
JakeC
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
JakeC

Pli Deck Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pli Deck Review   Pli Deck Review EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 12:44 am

But why? Its just gonna be covered with tape lol. but its your preference. And nice review
Back to top Go down
Ken .I
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Ken .I

Setup : Blosom 32mm
Brt wides
Substance Zeros
Ace tape
TKY's

Pli Deck Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pli Deck Review   Pli Deck Review EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 1:10 am

I accually like writing on the top. Makes it kinda seem original.

But yea, nice review.
Back to top Go down
morrowsnow
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
morrowsnow

Pli Deck Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pli Deck Review   Pli Deck Review EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 2:34 am

Mainly because I cut my drip really weird hahaha happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pli Deck Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pli Deck Review   Pli Deck Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Pli Deck Review

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1