Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalTexas Fingerboard Rendezvous! Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pureskate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Pureskate

Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! Empty
PostSubject: Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous!   Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! EmptyWed May 15, 2013 4:33 am

Okay, so I live in Texas Yeeeehawww!!! and I have been wanting to go to a major fingerboarding event for a long time.

So then I found Geraldine and she is hosting this event and has hosted these events before.

https://www.youtube.com/user/iEatFingerboards

I contacted her and I told her that I wanted to build an actual fingerboard park for the Texas Rendezvous 3 because in the TR2 and TR1 videos there were no parks at all, but just a bunch of ramps.

So I have tools to build this park with, but my friend just recently let me borrow a few more including a table jig-saw and a router. This will make cutting the wood many times easier.

Anyway what I plan on doing is building all of the ramps and then assembling all of the already made ramps into an actual fingerboard skatepark. I'm doing this since I have to drive like 5 hours to get there.

I was wanting to make this park look really really good and buy all new wood for it and I might, but right now money is kind of tight and I just so happen to have tons of extra wood that I picked up for free which can be made into ramps and such for the park.

The Texas R3 will be in about a month so get ready to see some ramps built and a preview of what the TR3 is going to be like from this thread.

That small jigsaw you see on the left was my old one. The big one you see is my new borrowed one.

Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! Tools_zps328ffdd1

Most of this wood was just picked up when other people were throwing it away. I'm going to see what I can do with it by converting it into fingerboard ramps.

Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! Wood_zps3edde044

Here is an example of an old fingerboard ramp I made back many years ago under a different name.

Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! Neoramp
Back to top Go down
Jack B.
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Jack B.

Setup : Berlinwood 33.3 Low
Winkler classics
TKY
BRT 2.0 Super Silver
FBS

PostSubject: Re: Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous!   Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! EmptyWed May 15, 2013 4:58 pm

make sure you plan it well , looks good tongue
Back to top Go down
Pureskate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Pureskate

PostSubject: Re: Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous!   Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! EmptyWed May 15, 2013 10:15 pm

Jack B. wrote:
make sure you plan it well , looks good tongue

The event or the park?
Back to top Go down
Daloof
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daloof

Companies : O.G. Decks
Setup : Tech deck flip with super slippy fome tape
Freestyle fb super whels
Hot rod fb trucks wit my bushin I made

PostSubject: Re: Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous!   Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! EmptyWed May 15, 2013 11:04 pm

Texas Rendezvous isn't really a major event. tongue good luck though.
Back to top Go down
Pureskate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Pureskate

PostSubject: Re: Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous!   Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! EmptyWed May 15, 2013 11:11 pm

GunnerBoser wrote:
Texas Rendezvous isn't really a major event. tongue good luck though.

That is why I will be making it into a MAJOR event.
Back to top Go down
JakeC
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
JakeC

PostSubject: Re: Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous!   Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! EmptyThu May 16, 2013 12:27 am

Good luck happy
Back to top Go down
Pureskate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Pureskate

PostSubject: Re: Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous!   Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! EmptyThu May 16, 2013 2:29 am

Here is the rest of the tools I will be using.

Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! Tools2_zpsc22585f6
Back to top Go down
Jacob W
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Jacob W

Companies : O gee
Setup : Constantly changing.

PostSubject: Re: Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous!   Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! EmptyThu May 16, 2013 3:44 am

Good luck man.
Back to top Go down
http://Www.dirtydecks.co.nr
Jack B.
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Jack B.

Winkler classics
TKY
BRT 2.0 Super Silver
FBS

PostSubject: Re: Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous!   Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! EmptyThu May 16, 2013 10:10 am

i mean the park , if you dont plant it well it could become too cramped or too open and make suur to very your ramps , not just like kickers and rails , put in some quarters and stair set etc . happy good luck man and post pics of progress tongue
Back to top Go down
Pureskate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Pureskate

PostSubject: Re: Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous!   Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! EmptySat May 25, 2013 1:53 am

Okay so I haven't updated in awhile I guess I'm lazy or something. Anyway, I got some more supplies and tools needed to build the ramps that I want to make.

I actually called up a company which sells the wacky wood (bendable wood) for the quarter pipes and maybe a half pipe and it turns out that it was WAY TO EXPENSIVE to order it. The smallest size they sell I think is a 4ft by 8 ft board and with shipping its like $100 bucks!!!

So I went to Home Depot and guess what? I'm no longer afraid, ashamed or embarrassed to tell the people there that I'm building mini skateboard ramps for fingerboarding. Yeah! And so far everyone there was cool with it.

I did find some really thin wood which I may end up getting for the curved ramps, but I found out one thing that I can do to try and make the thicker wood bend more for quarter pipes. All you have to do is make cut marks horizontally across the back side of the wood so that it bends more! I never thought of that before.

I think the Texas Rendevous is like in three weeks or something so I have to get busy.

I made a bunch of ramps a long time ago and was looking at them to see how I can improve them. By the way, does anyone know any fingerboard sites that have good quality ramp plans? I'm reconsidering my angles of elevation on the ramps I will be building and for reference I looked at some already established good quality ramps.

I wanted to look at some real blackriver ramps, but I don't have any, but through the magic of photoshop I was able to get an estimate on the angles they use. It seems to me as if the special angle of awesomeness for good ramp design is about 18 or 19 degrees. Maybe someone can confirm that as a double check.

Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! Rampplans_zps561f63c5

So I'm going to be building a few ramps for testing purposes and then after I'm happy I'll work on all of the ramps which I plan to have at the Rendezvous.

Oh yeah, I also bought some sheet metal and sheet metal cutters for the metal at the beginning of the ramps.

Last edited by Pureskate on Sat May 25, 2013 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JakeC
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
JakeC

PostSubject: Re: Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous!   Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! EmptySat May 25, 2013 2:01 am

Alrighty good luck
Back to top Go down
Pureskate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Pureskate

PostSubject: Re: Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous!   Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! EmptyThu May 30, 2013 9:35 am

Update.

So I was planning on making TONS of ramps out of all of the wood that I have.

Well, I'm making them, but its just slow as hell.

This one ramp and stair case I'm working on has taken me a long time to make.

The hardest part is always making the design and asking yourself "is this going to be fun to skate on?".

Anyway it make not look that great right now, but I plan on painting it like a yellow color.

As you can tell I like to make ramps really big. I like having tons of room to breath and to be able to do tricks without feeling cramped.

I also talked with Dave at Airflo and will be getting some custom rails for some of my ramps!!!

Here is a pic of the in progress 6 stair.

Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! 1whatitlookslike_zpsee11e672

Its missing its top board for the ramp slant. That will be next and I'm debating on whether the stair case is too lazy or not. I'm thinking that, that last stair just makes it a little too long.

I also got a huge piece of bendy wood ( the thinnest wood Home Depot has) that I plan on making a possible half pipe with and for sure some 1/4 pipes.

Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! Bend_zpsb0649357

I also got some sheet metal and some sheet metal cutters for the ramp transitions as well as come round coping too.

Anyway June 15 will be right around the corner so I need to get freaking busy as hell.

More pics and stuff to come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. And I ordered myself Flat Face durometer wheels just for THIS event.

Whooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Ian B
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Ian B

Setup : Ambt.
BRT Wide (Super Silver).
Cart Wheels - White.
BRT Medium.

Fingerplant New Mold.
BRT Wide (Black).
Cart Wheels - Purple.
BRT Medium.

PostSubject: Re: Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous!   Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! EmptyThu May 30, 2013 10:24 am

Looking good so far man.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/BroonyFB
MapleLeaf
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
MapleLeaf

Setup : Berlinwood Xwide low
BRT wide
Flatface x Winkler
FBS
Sprinkle of fairy dust

PostSubject: Re: Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous!   Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! EmptyThu May 30, 2013 12:37 pm

Looks awesome!!
Back to top Go down
Jack B.
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Jack B.

Winkler classics
TKY
BRT 2.0 Super Silver
FBS

PostSubject: Re: Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous!   Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! EmptyThu May 30, 2013 8:26 pm

looks really nice happy
Back to top Go down
Pureskate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Pureskate

PostSubject: Re: Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous!   Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! EmptyFri May 31, 2013 10:31 am

Still working on the ramps.

I thought about bringing this older build along to the Texas Rendezvous.

I made this 10 stair many many years ago. I may try and fix it up a little so it looks a little nicer.

But if you look at the size of this thing its freaking HUGE! I made the top board extra long so that you could just leave it blank or set a bench or box or rail on there as a removable obstacle.

Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! P9280211_zps2ff86e85

Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! P9280213_zps4302f55e
Back to top Go down
AirfloDave
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
AirfloDave

Companies : Airflo Rails
Setup : BW 30 MM (not 29)
Red BRT's
Blue FF BRR ed.
FBS

FF g14 30mm Airflo Engraved
Yellow BRT's
FF white BRR ed.
FBS

PostSubject: Re: Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous!   Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 11:48 pm

looking good dude! I finished the kink rail today! I should have both shipped by the end of the week.
Back to top Go down
http://www.airflorails.com
JakeC
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
JakeC

PostSubject: Re: Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous!   Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 11:50 pm

Looks nice man
Back to top Go down
FlyingDeadBird
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
FlyingDeadBird

Setup : -Berlinwood NM
-TD Trucks 29mm
-NC Lab wheels
-TD & NC tuning
-Ace tape V1

PostSubject: Re: Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous!   Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 1:33 am

Lol love the big-ass ramps, would love to try them out very happy
Back to top Go down
MapleLeaf
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
MapleLeaf

Setup : Berlinwood Xwide low
BRT wide
Flatface x Winkler
FBS
Sprinkle of fairy dust

PostSubject: Re: Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous!   Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 2:02 am

Awesome ramp!!
Looks like loads of fun!
Back to top Go down
Pureskate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Pureskate

PostSubject: Re: Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous!   Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 2:54 am

Thanks everyone!!!

Okay, so this event is like next Saturday so expect to see me work like crazy. (I hope)

So yeah, I had a slow start simply because I haven't made any ramps in like many years and when I started building these I wanted to make them better than any other ramps that I've ever made.

Here is an example.

I finally figured out that the angle that the ramp makes as it slants upwards is the same angle that you need to cut the piece of wood (the lighter thin one) so that it fits correctly as seen below.

Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! PA010234_zpsc847c4f4

I also like to make my ramps big because I want a lot of room to do tricks on and I don't want to feel cramped.

So I finally completed this stair set and its HUGE!!!

Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! PA010239_zps2ad83f53

Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! PA010240_zpsd8dce753

This will have the kink rail Dave is making.

I'm also doing other ramps as well.

Expect to see A LOT MORE SOON!!!

Also I plan on painting these ramps probably a yellow color.

This wood that I made them out of was just random pieces that I had stored in my garage.

I would prefer to have them their natural wood color, but it just didn't work out I guess.
Back to top Go down
Pureskate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Pureskate

PostSubject: Re: Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous!   Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 1:52 am

Back to top Go down
Pureskate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Pureskate

PostSubject: Re: Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous!   Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 4:52 am

Almost finished with the quarter pipe!!!

For some reason all my ramps just turn out super big.

The only thing I have to fix is that the wood on the transition is just a tad bit too long thus making the hole ramps not sit flush with the ground.

Cutting a small piece off will probably fix it, but I'm so stoked that I don't even want to touch it.

I almost forgot. One of the hardest parts was fitting the coping on right. You can't just stick it at the top of the ramp and be done you have to make sure that it feels just right. If its sticking out too far it makes skating the ramp feel uncomfortable. Anyway, I think I got it just right!

Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! Rampquarterpipe_zpsc5f31860
Back to top Go down
Pureskate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Pureskate

PostSubject: Re: Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous!   Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 4:04 am

I know this doesn't look like much as of right now, but this old TV stand I had in my garage is going to be turned into a half pipe.

See the 4 sides?

Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! PA090267_zps3f9716ae

Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! PA090266_zps73b3c78b

Also I'm going to have to start painting soon since this event is coming this Saturday.
Back to top Go down
DanielM
Supporter
Supporter
DanielM

Setup : サワーす

PostSubject: Re: Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous!   Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 4:14 am

Looks good! The quarter is huge shocked should be lots of fun
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous!   Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! Empty

Back to top Go down

Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next