Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalTexas Fingerboard Rendezvous! - Page 2 Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Pureskate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Pureskate

Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous!   Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 6:53 am

Here is another ramp that I made. First one that I painted.

I might be selling this one. I plan on selling a few to help pay for the trip.

Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! - Page 2 PA100281_zpsd58beba8

Does it look more like a half pipe now?

Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! - Page 2 PA100279_zps8a5853cc

I cut everything down to size, I just need to figure out the curve.

Okay, now here is the big one and I might need help from you guys.

I originally wanted to have a park there, but have considered just having the various ramps that I've made just placed around at the event.

The question is..... should I just have these ramps separate or should I place them on a table like a park as you see in the picture?

So separate ramps or park? And tell me which one would be better.

Also the rails from Airflo Dave are in these pics, finally got them today.

Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! - Page 2 PA100273_zpsa458cf7e

Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! - Page 2 PA100272_zpsbd7c9d9e

Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! - Page 2 PA100270_zpsccc7a550
Back to top Go down
Pureskate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Pureskate

PostSubject: Re: Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous!   Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 6:25 am

Okay, so I'm really tired. FYI if you plan on building stuff just do it way in advance.

I started weeks ago and now only have like 2 day until I'm leaving for the Texas Rendezvous.

So the next two days I'm going to work like crazy to finish up everything.

Since I build some of these ramps out of old shelves I wanted to paint them to give them a better finish, but now after painting them I'm debating on whether I like the surfaces or not.

It seemed like the regular wood surface, even though visually unpleasing actually was excellent to fingerboard on.

I haven't had time to fingerboard on these so I'll see for myself how they turn out.

Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! - Page 2 PA110284_zps652371fc

Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! - Page 2 PA110285_zpsd34272ac

Here is basically my first completed ramp.

I just put on that metal coping too, but here is the deal. I just set the coping on top of the ramp and its not flush with the wood.

I made all my old ramps this way and had really no problems.

Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! - Page 2 PA110288_zps1d859b0f

However, since I'm trying to go the extra mile with this event I decided to try and make the coping flush with the wood on one of my old ramps I posted earlier.

This isn't the best job, but I got it more or less. This was done with a belt sander and just eyeballing it. I may go to Home Depot and see if they have a special router bit or something for this.

Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! - Page 2 PA110287_zps1448f2e2

I also fixed up some other stuff on this old ramp. It looked just fine in the picture, but the original coping was not great (fixed now), the down rail was loose (fixed now), it was actually broken into two pieces (fixed now thanks to epoxy).

So its now ready for anyone to ride at the event.

Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! - Page 2 PA110286_zps3d43cd18

Now, I will be leaving Friday and the event is Saturday. This leaves me with Wednesday (tomorrow) and Thursday to basically wrap it all up.

I want to complete that half pipe tomorrow for sure!

Please cheer me on because I don't have much time.

Back to top Go down
Pureskate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Pureskate

PostSubject: Re: Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous!   Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 9:04 am

OMG I'm done!!!

I'm done I'm done I'm done.

Well I just finished making the ramps. OMG I'm tired and exhausted.

I've made some ramps before, but man these just took so much effort and I was trying to go the extra mile and make them as best as I could.

One of the reasons why it took me a long time and lots of hard work is because I don't necessarily have the best tools for the jobs that I was trying to complete. 

Cutting straight lines with a scroll saw is not the best thing and It took me a long time because I was learning and doing new things which I've never done before.

In high school when I build ramps I didn't mess with any angles or cut any wood at certain angles (well a little but not a lot) nor did I try and make the metal coping flush with the wood on the transitions nor ever build a ramp with a curve on it otherwise known as a quarter pipe.

So yeah, It took a lot of effort because I had to figure all this stuff out and experiment with stuff, come up with techniques and so on.

Here you can see that I've pretty much got the hang of flushing out the metal coping on the transition. 

I don't know how everyone else does it, but what I did was marked off where the coping was going to be placed and then put a bunch of layers of masking tap on the wood part that I want to keep and not cut then take a razor blade and make a clean cut into the wood and kind of dig out a little of the wood. Then I take my belt sander and smooth out the rest of the wood that I want gone.

I wanted to use like a router, but that metal is so thin I ended up not doing it. 

Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! - Page 2 PA130303_zpsca426934

And this is as flush as that baby is going to get.

Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! - Page 2 PA130304_zps08d79d1d

Here is the kink rail and its even screwed in too.

Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! - Page 2 PA130305_zpsb8276272

Also I didn't just eyeball that rail when I screwed in it. I measured it and its dead center. 

Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! - Page 2 PA130306_zps61e78722

And here is the quarter pipe, finally with coping on it. I also had to trim it a little for it to sit flat on a table.

Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! - Page 2 PA130308_zps9a543627 

Here is the other one with the shot gun rail. Finished at last.

Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! - Page 2 PA130309_zps610d6aac

And all that metal coping was cut by hand with metal sheers. Not easy!!!

Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! - Page 2 PA130310_zpsd4efc10c

And since these rails are from Airflo and put some stickers on there to represent!!!

Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! - Page 2 PA130311_zpsacc3737b

So I talked about a half pipe or mini ramp and I was really wanting to do it, but I loaded all of the ramps in the car and didn't really see anymore room to put it.

I might have been able to fit it in, but I just ran out of time. I'm going to drive up there one day in advanced so I'm leaving Friday and then the event is Saturday.

Hopefully there will be some cool footage and stuff from the event. I'll try and post a video on youtube.
Back to top Go down
Tyler
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Tyler

PostSubject: Re: Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous!   Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 10:47 am

sounds sick bro!
Back to top Go down
AirfloDave
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
AirfloDave

Companies : Airflo Rails
Setup : BW 30 MM (not 29)
Red BRT's
Blue FF BRR ed.
FBS

FF g14 30mm Airflo Engraved
Yellow BRT's
FF white BRR ed.
FBS

PostSubject: Re: Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous!   Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 2:28 am

Hope the event went well! Just so you know the kink rail goes on the next step down... or at least that's how I designed it. Looks great either way!
Back to top Go down
http://www.airflorails.com
Pureskate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Pureskate

PostSubject: Re: Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous!   Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 4:08 am

Here are some pics from the event.

I should have taken more, actually I didn't even take these someone else did.

But yeah, more pics would have been nice. It's almost as if you need a filming crew with you at the event an order to capture all the highlights.

I was just trying to do all the fingerboarding that I could and get my fill I guess.

Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! - Page 2 PA140006_zps4ced5440

Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! - Page 2 PA140007_zps6eba6872

Here you can see the three big ramps that I brought.

Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! - Page 2 PA140008_zps16130b7b

This Bobby's park (AKA 4 Corner owner). I had a hard time skating this due to the tiles and that half pipe is a Techdeck one.

Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! - Page 2 PA140009_zpsb9b22d14

This is Bobby's as well. This park had some good spots and some not so good spots. The best part was the ramp-gap-ramp thing in the middle. That was fun. And that glue/wood putty you see everywhere is supposed to represent sand or the beach or something.

Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! - Page 2 PA140010_zps876ca650

And me.

Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! - Page 2 PA140015_zpsf2eeb706

Oh and one thing that was really funny was that there was this one kid who came in at the last like 30 min and he said that he just came to get some grip tape...... LOLOLOLOL

I think he just paid the entrance fee and then selected a goody bag with some tape in it and then I think he just left. HAHAAHHAHHAHAH!!!
Back to top Go down
Tyler
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Tyler

PostSubject: Re: Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous!   Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 11:23 am

Pureskate wrote:
Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! - Page 2 PA140015_zpsf2eeb706
DUDE sweet 'fro!
Back to top Go down
Pureskate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Pureskate

PostSubject: Re: Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous!   Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 6:35 am

And here is the video.

This is really the first time I've ever had footage of me on youtube.

I've been wanting to make some videos, but am not happy with my camera quality as of right now.

And the worst part is that I nailed some pretty sick tricks, but most of them weren't even filmed. Oh well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DYPw_wLPi8
Back to top Go down
Cassoday
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Setup : Berlinwood, Riptape tape and bushings, Bollie Wheels and Trucks.

PostSubject: Re: Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous!   Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 10:56 pm

Oh how I wish I could have gone. But seeing as I live in El Paso and it is a 10 hour drive for me, and my truck goes through gas faster than a football team at a all you can eat, it would have cost me an arm and a leg.
Back to top Go down
Pureskate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Pureskate

PostSubject: Re: Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous!   Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 6:28 pm

^ @Cassoday

Mystery Fingerboards owner and I live in Houston. She wants to host the next Texas Rendezvous also I am very interested in wanting to have the next event in Houston.

So Texas Rendezvous 4 will probably be next summer in Houston.

Keep in touch.
Back to top Go down
GeraldineMilne
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
GeraldineMilne

Companies : Teak x GrindSir

PostSubject: Re: Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous!   Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 1:43 am

The ramps were amazing Eric, you did an awesome job on them!

And here is a link to more photos: http://texasfingerboardrendezvous.weebly.com/photos.html

Feel free to use any of them happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous!   Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Texas Fingerboard Rendezvous!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2