Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalOG deck review Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OG deck review

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bizbiz23
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
bizbiz23

Setup : Zink 32mm wide
YTrucks Y4
Substance THCa

OG deck review Empty
PostSubject: OG deck review   OG deck review EmptyFri May 31, 2013 8:51 pm

At first glance:
Wow, 32 vs. 33mm is a big difference. This deck is big. The bottom ply is a nice jade/aqua color with a few dark blue dots on it. The lacquer seems slightly uneven in some parts, but it doesn’t affect the performance of the deck. The deck was packaged in a bubblewrap envelope along with its own OG packaging.

Shape/Crafstmanship:
As mentioned before, this deck is pretty big. Here are the specs from the OG topic:

I ordered a 33mm from Gunner. The specs are all the same except for the deck width which was intentional. The nose is also noticeably smaller than the tail. Here’s a picture of it next to my G13 32mm:

The truck holes are perfect. They line up straight and I had no trouble at all putting on the deck.

Performance and Feel:
The deck is a lot lighter than I expected. It took a bit to get used to, but after about 30 minutes, I was landing tricks almost as consistently as before. I can get into flip + grinds much more easily than with my previous decks too.
My only issue with this deck is the nose. You have to pop it harder than the tail to achieve a similar height. This makes flip tricks difficult at times, especially heelflips. I expected this, but I’ve always preferred symmetrical decks.
The OG’s pop, however, is great. After about 30 minutes, I could kickflip consistently over a Pringles can. My frontside flips are much more consistent than on previous decks as well.
The lacquer is also good. The deck slides smoothly on all of my rail/ledge obstacles.
I’ve only had three decks up to this point so keep that in mind when reading my review. Because of this, I’ve decided not to use number/10 ratings until I get more experience with more decks. Here’s a video I filmed after putting on the deck:

So... If you like light, thin decks with a lot of pop, I’d recommend picking up one of these.
Also, I'll be doing another deck review in the near future!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/skatefallen91
FlyingDeadBird
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
FlyingDeadBird

Setup : -Berlinwood NM
-TD Trucks 29mm
-NC Lab wheels
-TD & NC tuning
-Ace tape V1

OG deck review Empty
PostSubject: Re: OG deck review   OG deck review EmptyFri May 31, 2013 10:19 pm

Loved the review and the mini, and by the way you described it I think I need one happy

Last edited by FlyingDeadBird on Fri May 31, 2013 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JakeC
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
JakeC

OG deck review Empty
PostSubject: Re: OG deck review   OG deck review EmptyFri May 31, 2013 10:27 pm

Pretty nice review man happy
Back to top Go down
Twest
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Twest

Setup : Main:
-BeastPants
-Brts
-Winklers
-Witchcrafts
-Slim and Catchy

OG deck review Empty
PostSubject: Re: OG deck review   OG deck review EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 12:24 am

Good review! I also have one and literally its insane how much pop these decks have!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

OG deck review Empty
PostSubject: Re: OG deck review   OG deck review Empty

Back to top Go down

OG deck review

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1