Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalZink 32mm Review (May 2013 model) Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Zink 32mm Review (May 2013 model)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bizbiz23
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
bizbiz23

Setup : Zink 32mm wide
YTrucks Y4
Substance THCa

Zink 32mm Review (May 2013 model) Empty
PostSubject: Zink 32mm Review (May 2013 model)   Zink 32mm Review (May 2013 model) EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 6:15 am

Zink Deck Review

At first glance:
This deck is incredibly sturdy. It’s a 32mm with a length which felt a little bit longer than my last decks. The deck is well lacquered and well crafted. The deck was shipped in a timely manner and was packaged in a bubblewrap envelope along with another bag for protection inside. It also came with some stickers!

Shape/Craftsmanship (Right click, view image for huge photos):

The deck is well made in its dimensions. The nose and the tail both have medium kicks and the concave is slightly deeper than that of a Flatface or an OG. The nose and the tail are well rounded, and the tail has a slight pointiness to it. The lacquer on this deck was completely even. The only blemish I found was a small black dot behind the front truck.
The truck holes on this deck were well countersinked and I had no trouble at all putting my trucks on it. The trucks line up straight. No complaints here.

Performance:
The nose, while slightly larger than the tail, doesn’t give me much trouble with most flip tricks, although tre flips have always been harder for me to do nose-side and I tend to stick with the tail.
Because of the five plies, the deck requires a slightly harder pop to achieve the same level as a lighter deck. However, tricks with this deck give me a more rewarding feeling. My heelflips are also consistent with the nose, which was never the case with any of my previous decks.
The kicks on this deck work well with its weight. At first, I had some trouble doing flip tricks, but it was because I switched from an extremely light deck to a heavier deck. After an hour or two, I was popping tricks like I normally do.
I’ll also mention that varial heels and any variant of frontside+heelflip is extremely easy on this deck. It probably has to do with the concave/edges of the deck which work well with my style.
The lacquer, as mentioned before, was perfectly smooth. I was able to slide on all of my obstacles with no issue.
Catching tricks on this deck also feels like what I assume this would feel like (Andrew Reynolds fs flipping a 17 stair for those who can’t watch):

I’m not sure if it’s the weight of the deck, but it feels so good to catch tricks on this. My fs flips float right up to my fingers.

Conclusion:
I don’t like doing #/10 reviews because my personal preference may be different than yours. I’ll say that this deck is the best I’ve used so far and I’ll stick to it for a while. If you like 32mm 5 ply sturdy decks with medium kicks and medium concave, definitely pick one of these up. I’ll have a video out within the next week, so look out for it!

My Channel
Zink Fingerboards

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/skatefallen91
Mals15
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Mals15

Setup : BW wide(FlatFace Cubes graphic), Brts super slivers with medium bushings and pivot cups, rainbow oak rvs, rip tape slim n catchy, and an oak sticker

PostSubject: Re: Zink 32mm Review (May 2013 model)   Zink 32mm Review (May 2013 model) EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 12:57 pm

Nice review man! happy
Back to top Go down
Ian B
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Ian B

Setup : Ambt.
BRT Wide (Super Silver).
Cart Wheels - White.
BRT Medium.

Fingerplant New Mold.
BRT Wide (Black).
Cart Wheels - Purple.
BRT Medium.

PostSubject: Re: Zink 32mm Review (May 2013 model)   Zink 32mm Review (May 2013 model) EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 7:35 pm

Nice man, looks a sick deck!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/BroonyFB
DanielM
Supporter
Supporter
DanielM

Setup : サワーす

PostSubject: Re: Zink 32mm Review (May 2013 model)   Zink 32mm Review (May 2013 model) EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 12:20 pm

Thanks for the review flower
Back to top Go down
MapleLeaf
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
MapleLeaf

Setup : Berlinwood Xwide low
BRT wide
Flatface x Winkler
FBS
Sprinkle of fairy dust

PostSubject: Re: Zink 32mm Review (May 2013 model)   Zink 32mm Review (May 2013 model) EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 12:27 pm

Very good review! The shape of these decks look awesome!
Back to top Go down
JakeC
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
JakeC

PostSubject: Re: Zink 32mm Review (May 2013 model)   Zink 32mm Review (May 2013 model) EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 3:04 pm

Nice review!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zink 32mm Review (May 2013 model)   Zink 32mm Review (May 2013 model) Empty

Back to top Go down

Zink 32mm Review (May 2013 model)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1