Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalAmbiton Review Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ambiton Review

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Twest
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Twest

Setup : Main:
-BeastPants
-Brts
-Winklers
-Witchcrafts
-Slim and Catchy

Ambiton Review Empty
PostSubject: Ambiton Review   Ambiton Review EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 7:18 am

https://i.servimg.com/u/f39/18/05/42/87/img_0410.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f39/18/05/42/87/img_0411.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f39/18/05/42/87/img_0412.jpg

So, I was really amazed at the Ambition deck pictures so much that i had to order one. I ordered the classic shape suit graphic.

Shipping: Took about a 2 weeks to arrive. Ambition is made in Minnesota and I live in California, so 2 weeks isn't long at all in my opinion. Shipping was $2, that i payed over Paypal with the purchase,but the weirdest thing happened. The mail lady standing at my door said if i wanted the package i would have to pay an extra $1.62 for some reason. She had a really strong accent so i wasn't able to really understand her. I just payed the $1.62. (7.75/10)

First Impressions: I always get super excited when a package arrives for me. I opened it up and was very impressed with how it looked. I didn't notice any flaws at first. The graphic was awesome. I like how the graphic is limited supply along with most of Ambition's graphic boards that they come out with. I think this makes Ambition decks really unique. (8/10)

Craftsmanship: The board i believe is 32.5mm and about 101mm long. So perfect length for me. This board features a two tone top ply which is awesome. It also has by hand, Ambition logo wood burn on both the bottom and top ply.I usually don't set up my new boards for a couple days just because i like looking at them(I don't know just a weird thing i do) so i got time to look closer at the board. After a small investigation, i found out it was actually the flow shape. Now like i said in the beginning, i ordered the classic shape. I made sure it was the flow shape before i contacted Jacob. He said for the inconvenience he would send me another board, which i haven't gotten yet and it has been a while. Hopefully it will come soon, who knows, it could of gotten lost in the mail for all i know. But anyways, the boards shape was descent even though it was not the shape i originally wanted. It did have 7 plies which is really cool because not many people can make 7 ply decks. I did however later hear that some plies, not sure how many or which ones, were dyed construction paper. I have no idea if this is true or not, its just what I've heard from a couple sources. I'm not sure if this adds or takes away from the board. This board did have minor defects like on the (bottom holes) top left drill hole, you can lift up some of the wood. Also on the graphic side, there is a small gap where the lacquer is not there. I told this to Jacob and he said he knows what he did wrong, and he fixed all the problems in all of his newer decks.(7/10)

Performance : I set this up with BRR trucks, FF BRR ed Tans, and Mossy tape. This was my first time using mossy tape(I did not enjoy the mossy tape) and also the BRR's were somewhat defective so i realize the review wouldn't be fair if i didn't take into consideration that my BRR's were defective(By Defective I mean a stripped Axle on the bottom truck) and my dislike for mossy tape. Even with the set backs, this board performed very nicely. The minor defects that the board has didn't effect the performance at all. When trying all my tricks, none of my tricks felt unnatural. They felt just as normal as when i was using my other setup that i had been using for a long time now. So for at least the flow shape, tricks come very natural to you and takes very little to no time to get used to. For rails though, i did find that when board sliding, the board would stick a little more than others. For tail and nose slides, i didn't notice any sticking. (8.5/10)

Overall: This board was very easy to get to know. It took little to no time to get used to. For me this board is more a work of art rather than something you use. It did perform very well, even with the set backs i unfortunately had to put on this board. This board did come with its own defects, but Jacob assured me that he had fixed all the problems in his new boards. The defects that did come with this board did not effect the performance in any way though. I bought his board almost 2 months ago for $15, now boards are only $5. And he has improved them. I think for the new price they are literally a steal. This board is 7 plies which i find very cool because not many people can do this. Also, the graphic boards Ambition puts out for sale are limited as in there are only a few of each graphic, which i find very unique. (8/10)

Go check them out here: http://ambitionfb.bigcartel.com/

Last edited by Twest on Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jack B.
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Jack B.

Setup : Berlinwood 33.3 Low
Winkler classics
TKY
BRT 2.0 Super Silver
FBS

Ambiton Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ambiton Review   Ambiton Review EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 8:06 am

Nice review and honest scores happy
Back to top Go down
Jacob W
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Jacob W

Companies : O gee
Setup : Constantly changing.

Ambiton Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ambiton Review   Ambiton Review EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 8:08 am

Hey man thanks a lot for the review!
Rest assured all problems have been perfected on all my recent decks.
Expect another deck coming your way very soon...... wink
Back to top Go down
http://Www.dirtydecks.co.nr
Twest
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Twest

Setup : Main:
-BeastPants
-Brts
-Winklers
-Witchcrafts