Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalRx Dx Custom Review Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rx Dx Custom Review

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

Setup : Blosom Split Ply
TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

Rx Dx Custom Review Empty
PostSubject: Rx Dx Custom Review   Rx Dx Custom Review EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 2:27 pm

Rx Dx Custom Review ReksWG

Rx Dx Custom Review Sam_0935

The Company
Reks is a company that has been around for a long time, for those who don't know. It's owned by Peter (Don't know your second name, Sorry!).
The company is USA based, but the decks can be bought from several distibutions around the world!
Although Reks took quite a long break, they've recently come back into the scene with all new trucks and decks!
www.reksdistribution.com

Ordering and Shipping
I ordered my deck by PM'ing Peter on here, Regular decks are $14.99, although I wanted to get a custom so it was $22 shipped I believe. Peter was very helpful whilst I placed my order, he was particularly fast at replying, and was helpful in letting me know what ply combo's would work and what stock of colours he had. After a while, (and me changing my mind three times), we finally decided on a ply combo.
I sent the money to Peter via Paypal and about three days later he had made the deck and shipped it!
It took about 8 days to reach me in England, so that was a) Standard and b) Out of Peter's contol anyway so I wouldn't rate that anyway.
The package was in a Water-Proof and Tear-Proof bubble mailer and came packaged with two small stickers.
10/10

Craftsmanship
The first thing I noticed about the deck was how perfectly shaped it was, the nose and tail were rounded absolutely perfectly, and the edge from top to bottom was also rounded which is very preferable for me. I asked for the deck to be 29mm x 100mm, and it's spot on. The holes were drilled perfectly, and the countersink's were the perfect amount for me to get the trucks on and have the screws perfectly flush. The deck was pressed really well, there was no areas between the plies where they had seperated, and the shape was even right the way through. The laquer wasn't very shiny, however I like to ride decks that was because it gives a nice visual touch to it as the grain of the wood is highly visible, I also feel that having less laquer feels more realistic when doing tricks such as boardslides as it builds more friction, rather than feeling like your sliding on oil. The only bad thing I could possibly say about the deck is that I couldn't work out which side was the tail, and which was the nose, but that's just me being an idiot.
10/10

Performance
This is probably what most of you guys care about, so I'll try to use as much detail as possible here!
I set the deck up with Ytrucks X3, and Oak V2's, the first thing I realised was how nice the board felt to land on, the concave is just the right amount, and the dips are too, it's almost as if the shape curves into your fingers! The pop of the deck is great, I could land any tricks that I can normally land straight from the beginning! Easy to say that the deck didn't take much getting used to. The shape of the deck makes it really easy to catch tricks, and gives a really smooth feel to ride. The only bad point I can make about the performance is that sometimes when I ride switch I find that the deck doesn't pop as well as it should, but I'm not sure if that's just me.
9/10

Summary
This deck is definately the best deck i've ever used, it probably just surpasses my Blosom deck imo, since my Blosom is old and has a few flaws. But I can't compare it to newer ones, as I don't have one.
The deck has great pop, the crafstmanship is immaculate, and the price is amazing! Customer service is also a major plus about the company, you won't be dissapointed with that!
The deck's are probably great for any rider, they're great for new-comers because of the price, and the neutral shape basically fits anybody's needs!
Go order one from http://www.reksdistribution.com
Overall : 9.6
Back to top Go down
ScooterScoots
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
ScooterScoots

PostSubject: Re: Rx Dx Custom Review   Rx Dx Custom Review EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 2:32 pm

Nice review Danny, tempted to buy one
Back to top Go down
Melvin A Thomas
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Melvin A Thomas

Companies : fingerboarding, robotic studies
Setup : Pure,tec deck independant trucks 32mm, susbatance Classic Reloaded.

PostSubject: Re: Rx Dx Custom Review   Rx Dx Custom Review EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 2:33 pm

nice deck.
Back to top Go down
CasparH
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
CasparH

Companies : SkullwoodWorkshops
Setup : Berlinwood My Name is Graphic
Wide Allen Key Trucks
Flatface G6 a´s
Riptape

I AM SWEDISH

PostSubject: Re: Rx Dx Custom Review   Rx Dx Custom Review EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 3:11 pm

I am gonna order a RxDx sooner or later!
Back to top Go down
http://www.skullwoodworkshops.weebly.com
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

PostSubject: Re: Rx Dx Custom Review   Rx Dx Custom Review EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 3:11 pm

Danny wrote a review :O

Nice review, could do with more pictures though.

I really wish my Reks would get here but it's been 2 months + 1 week. I dunno what I can do...
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Rx Dx Custom Review   Rx Dx Custom Review EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 3:40 pm

Xi wrote:
Danny did something for once :O

Fixed. happy

And it's because your in china Xi, the government is probably disecting it to make sure it contains no information about anything outside of china.
Hope it gets there soon though man, they're great decks!

And yeah, I'll probably get some more pictures soon happy

Thanks guys! you should definitely pick one up next time you want something new!
Back to top Go down
Melvin A Thomas
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Melvin A Thomas

Companies : fingerboarding, robotic studies
Setup : Pure,tec deck independant trucks 32mm, susbatance Classic Reloaded.

PostSubject: Re: Rx Dx Custom Review   Rx Dx Custom Review EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 3:44 pm

are they medium, kicks.
Back to top Go down
Peter
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Peter

PostSubject: Re: Rx Dx Custom Review   Rx Dx Custom Review EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 4:22 pm

Thank you so much Danny!!! happy

Xi wrote:

I really wish my Reks would get here but it's been 2 months + 1 week. I dunno what I can do...
What? haha. Did you order through me personally? Or through my shop?

And Nitro, yes they are.
Back to top Go down
Xi
Council
Council
Xi

Setup : Tech Deck Performance Series

Kamelpro 32.5mm Melus deck, Ytrucks X4, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Kamelpro 32.5mm Amble deck, BRTs, Oak RV2V, FBS tape

Homemade freestyle 30mm deck, Ytrucks X3, FlatfacexOak, Ace V3 tape

PostSubject: Re: Rx Dx Custom Review   Rx Dx Custom Review EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 5:55 pm

Danny Hynam wrote:
Xi wrote:
Danny did something for once :O

Fixed. happy

And it's because your in china Xi, the government is probably disecting it to make sure it contains no information about anything outside of china.
Hope it gets there soon though man, they're great decks!

And yeah, I'll probably get some more pictures soon happy

Thanks guys! you should definitely pick one up next time you want something new!

But 2 months + 1 week. :/

I had something go the other way that took 6 weeks (annoyingly which is longer than the feedback time limit on eBay) but I wasn't expecting this to take over a month.

I am expecting other stuff now though. Maybe my SB order already reached my workplace. I'll keep looking out for it but it really sucks for me if I don't have the money or the order. I don't even have much money left in my English accounts. I have most of my cash in Chinese Yuan atm.
Back to top Go down
James.P
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
James.P

PostSubject: Re: Rx Dx Custom Review   Rx Dx Custom Review EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 6:29 pm

Those OAKs are the best. Awesome review anyway! The deck looks really nice.
Back to top Go down
Danny H
Admin
Admin
Danny H

TNP Tape
Y-Trucks X4
Cartwheels

PostSubject: Re: Rx Dx Custom Review   Rx Dx Custom Review EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 10:34 pm

No problem Peter happy

And thanks guys!

Also, I know they are James wink You say it every time they show up shocked
Back to top Go down
alec_stewart
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
alec_stewart

Setup : Homemade deck, ytrucks, oak wheels, rando grip

PostSubject: Re: Rx Dx Custom Review   Rx Dx Custom Review EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 7:41 pm

Totally agreed on all points, perfect review. As for the tail/nose, mine came marked. I have to say, even if you don't like low concave/kicks, still get one. I prefer higher curves myself but these decks are definitely the best of their kind.
Back to top Go down
blosom
blosom

Companies : BLOSOM

PostSubject: Re: Rx Dx Custom Review   Rx Dx Custom Review EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 7:51 pm

good review Danny Boi cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rx Dx Custom Review   Rx Dx Custom Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Rx Dx Custom Review

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1