Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalAmbition Deck Review Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ambition Deck Review

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Will Sparrow-Saunt
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Will Sparrow-Saunt

Companies : findlocalhotmoms.com
Setup : Weca (what else?)
BRTs
FF Wheels

Ambition Deck Review Empty
PostSubject: Ambition Deck Review   Ambition Deck Review EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 4:00 pm

I told Jacob that I would review my Ambition once I had used it for some time and I've had it for about 3 weeks now. So, here goes!
I set it up with BRTs, Winklers, FBS and Witchcraft bushings.
Ambition Deck Review UgIkcSp
Ambition Deck Review Img_4310
Shipping (US-UK)-
The deck took around a week and a half to get here from when I ordered it but the deck was sent on a Tuesday and arrived on a Saturday so 10/10 for me.

First Impressions-
I was gobsmacked by the quality of the deck for the price. The bottom ply was really nice, the lacquer was more or less perfect- not too much or too little, the deck was well pressed and consistent all the way around, the deck isn't off center or warped.
  However, I could tell that the rounding wasn't 100% perfect. It is good, but not amazing, on the tail the rounding is perfect but on the nose it isn't so good. This doesn't make the performance of Ambitions worse. Also, I found that the deck wasn't solid, it had a crisp pop but I could flex the deck with hardly any effort at all. 8/10

Craftsmanship-
I pretty much covered the craftsmanship above but I would like to go over it again. Firstly, I'll start off with the positives- The deck is pressed really nicely and it is very thin for a 7 ply deck considering it is thinner than my Blosom and Weca decks, however this deck looks like a 5 ply deck when the Ambition site claimed that it was a 7 ply deck, maybe I'm wrong but it only looks like it has 5 plies. The pressing is consistent all the way around the deck which is good. The deck isn't warped at all and is well-centered. After 3 weeks of use outside, on wood, concrete, metal and marble there are no marks or chips on the lacquer.
 Now onto the negatives- (please don't take this in a bad way Jacob as I feel like I should point these out so you can improve your decks) The rounding is off by a small amount but you can't tell unless you look really closely at the deck so it isn't that big of a deal. The deck is also quite flexy, which may affect the amount of pop that the deck has, however, there is still plenty of pop in the deck so this is also not much of a deal but I would recommend trying a different glue :)The deck is also supposed to be 98mm long, but the deck is 96.5 mm not 98mm, that may only be my deck though..
8/10

Performance-
The performance of this deck is amazing, however it did take some getting used to for me because I went from a mellow shape to a medium shape, but once you have gotten used to it, it is a really nice deck to ride. The same(ish) height kicks make nollie and switch tricks easy so you don't have to ride tail first when doing a nollie trick. The amount of concave also compliments the height of the kicks and flows nicely. The deck also has a nice amount of pop, not too much or not too little which makes tricks effortless and nice to do. I have really enjoyed using this deck and I would definitely recommend it to anyone from Beginners to Advanced. I think it would be more appropriate for beginners though as the price is really cheap ($6) for a really good deck!
9/10

Overall-
To sum everything up I would say that this deck is in my top 5 favourite decks. I will use this deck as my main until I get my Compiny deck, which should be fairly soon :)There are a few minor imperfections but I honestly wouldn't say that they make the deck much worse. If you look at the amount of positives to negatives you will find the positives dominate the negatives so you should head over to http://ambitionfb.bigcartel.com and pick one up for $6! Yes, that's right.. SIX DOLLARS!
I would like to give this deck a 9 but I think a 8.5/10 is more honest imo. happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/flippyfingerboards
FlyingDeadBird
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
FlyingDeadBird

Setup : -Berlinwood NM
-TD Trucks 29mm
-NC Lab wheels
-TD & NC tuning
-Ace tape V1

PostSubject: Re: Ambition Deck Review   Ambition Deck Review EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 5:30 pm

Great photography and review... liked it
Back to top Go down
Jacob W
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Jacob W

Companies : O gee
Setup : Constantly changing.

PostSubject: Re: Ambition Deck Review   Ambition Deck Review EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 5:41 pm

Awesome review man, thanks happy
Back to top Go down
http://Www.dirtydecks.co.nr
Cassoday
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Setup : Berlinwood, Riptape tape and bushings, Bollie Wheels and Trucks.

PostSubject: Re: Ambition Deck Review   Ambition Deck Review EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 7:16 pm

I want one, they just seem too mellow for my taste
Back to top Go down
skatemaster231

Setup : D͐̏̋̐ͣ̐͊́͂̈́ͨ̏̋ͥ̆͑ͧ͘͜҉̺̙̹̞̗͚̤̻̫̼̳͖͔̩̤̘͇o̚­­̱̰̳̟̟̞̜̖̬̌ͦ͌͂ͦ̎̅ͫ̑͂ͦͩ́̚͢ ̴̮͍̲̖̖̤̯͎͎͋̈́ͫ̂̊̇ͤ̆̓̌ͫ̐ͣͣ̆ͬ͌̚͡y̆ͪͫ̉ͭ̅ͫ͊ͩ́­­̨̛̬̠̰̙̫̮̪̟͈̯̘͎̗́̀o̶̶̘̝͇̜̝͓̞͉̰̫͚ͣ̽̄̀ͅu͗̊­̏­̷̡͙̜̳̠͈͕̹͑̿͌̓̇̽͂̄͋ͯ͂̍ͣ̂̓̀͘̕ ̣̳̭̝̻̣̤̫̣̠̦̙̦̲ͣ͂̃ͦ̑ͦ̃͂ͣ̓̇͒̈͘͠t͒̎ͯ͐͂͛̏̈ͦ̐­­̴̼̖̫̞͔̺ͧͭ̅͊̾ͣ͒́̚̚͘̕h̬̖̙͙̰͖̺͛̾̐̃ͦͪ̏ͧ͌̓͘̕­͙­̟į̶̻͖̠̟͔̟̦̝̜̞̄̇̏̂ͨ̋͂̕͟͝nͨ͌͊̓̆̾͛̏ͬ̑̎̾̚­ͭͮ­̵̌ͫͩ҉̶̵̰̫̩̲͕̱̗͚͇̰ͅk͙̳̳͓̟̝̠̯̝̔ͧͤͩ̾̀͢͢͠­͙̻͙­̻̱̼͖ͅ ͥͫ͒ͧ̏ͯͮ̓ͬͯ̾̽̈̀ͥ́̀͘͠҉͈̩͍͔̲͖͔ț̶̛̛̅͌̋ͬ͌̄͜͞­­͎̜̜̰͙̰̝̝̦̪̜h̸̥͎̰̤̼̱̝̜̭̹͆̾̈̓̌ͮ̎̅̄̅͋̋̔̿̚̕­͖­̱̗̗̪̫̻i̡̩̬̰̹̩͓̩̣̱̗̹͑ͧ̾̿̂̚͟͡ͅs̐ͤͭ̐ͫ͋ͮ́҉­̢͏­̳̦̠͕̠͈̣͕̫͔̫͖͖̹̗̟͢ ̴̠͓̺̩̩̙̬̬͈̼̭̰͖̱̺̣̗̫̉͂ͪ̔̍̀ͫ̀̎̏̔ͯ̌̒̒ͩͧ́i͛͋­­̸̄̂͊͋͗͑͏͙̙͈̦͎̥̰̕s͂̍̑ͫ́̇͌̑̿̒ͦ̓̊͛̚̚̚҉́̕͞͡­̞­̟̣̻̲̜̫̺͉̠̬̥̙̜̪̭ ̧̖͔͕̹ͧ̐ͦ̎̊ͧ̽ͨͦ̒͐̀͞͡ͅaͦͦ̅̐͐ͥ͂̓̋͒̔̄ͣͤ͂͂͆͊ͬ­­̨̛͈̞̪̖͓̣̫̰̠̤̖̠͉̪͔͟ ̡̛̱̦̗̫̯̻͓̭ͦ͒̐̒̆̇̉̀p̡ͤͮ͛ͫ͋̽̄̎̑͑̈̉̒͛̎͋̿ͮ̓͠­­͏͚̮̖͖̫̦͙͎̭̜͇̺̻̩̹̕r̴̵̡̟͖̫̝̘̜̝͇̙̦̍̆̃́ͦ̚͘͢­̝­̪̞o̷̧͔̪͙͓͔͓̞̘̺̟͇̳͎̦̩̣̻̩ͮ̅͊̉̽̄̍̋͐ͥ̓́͐̚͢­͓b­̡̥̞̳̙̠̞̘͉̼̤̘̝ͨͣ͌ͥͤ̍̓ͩ́̈́ͨ̅̓ͧ̅͢lͭ̿͂͛̄͐̈­͗̑̓­ͭ͆̉͋ͩ̿̋̇͡͡͞҉͔̼̻̣̝̜̭̖͕̙͈͓̖ͅeͣ̂ͭͤ͑̏ͬͨ̓­҉̨̖͞­̼̹͉̹͈ͅm̛͛ͦ̾̉̋́̊͐͐̂̐̎̄ͯͤ̚҉̡̻̳̤̥̪͎̹͜ͅ­͔͉̝͍̫­͖̺͓̬͙?̥̣̼͇̟̰̙͉̜̌̊̔ͬ̔̊ͩ̍̂̐̂͐̌̋ͩͩ͛́͡­̦̟̥̬̩͕

PostSubject: Re: Ambition Deck Review   Ambition Deck Review EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 7:33 pm

Nice review.
Back to top Go down
WantSomeSlaw
Trade Moderator
WantSomeSlaw

Setup : What's a fingerboard?

PostSubject: Re: Ambition Deck Review   Ambition Deck Review EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 9:05 pm

Nice review, but I think that if the nose rounding is poor, the specs are different than what are said on the site, and the deck is flex, maybe 8.5 is a little too high. Maybe 8? Nice review for sure though.
Back to top Go down
Will Sparrow-Saunt
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Will Sparrow-Saunt

BRTs
FF Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Ambition Deck Review   Ambition Deck Review EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 9:30 pm

Thanks everyone happy

No problem Jacob, I enjoyed reviewing it shocked

Slaw I see where you're coming from, I guess it is maybe a little high
Back to top Go down
BrorS
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
BrorS

Setup : none unfortunately

PostSubject: Re: Ambition Deck Review   Ambition Deck Review EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 10:36 am

damn i hope all is 96mm cause i love short decks hahaha.
But sick review will very happy
Back to top Go down
Ian B
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Ian B

Setup : Ambt.
BRT Wide (Super Silver).
Cart Wheels - White.
BRT Medium.

Fingerplant New Mold.
BRT Wide (Black).
Cart Wheels - Purple.
BRT Medium.

PostSubject: Re: Ambition Deck Review   Ambition Deck Review EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 11:00 am

Nice review man happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/BroonyFB
Tom B.
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Tom B.

Setup : Weca Tie-Dye
BRT Wides
FF BRT Ed.
Slim & Catchy
Witchcrafts

PostSubject: Re: Ambition Deck Review   Ambition Deck Review EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 2:13 am

Great review Will, I'm gonna have to get one of these now happy
Back to top Go down
yeekevin
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
yeekevin

Companies : Proto Fingerboards
Setup : Motherfreaking yes.
Fatal Fingerboards 32mm Triforce/Exotic
China Tape
White baseplates, TD Wide Hangars
Black Teflons
White FF G6's

PostSubject: Re: Ambition Deck Review   Ambition Deck Review EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 2:53 am

That green bottom ply looks so sick. Nice review man.
Back to top Go down
Will Sparrow-Saunt
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Will Sparrow-Saunt

BRTs
FF Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Ambition Deck Review   Ambition Deck Review EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 6:56 am

Thanks everyone! I do suggest picking one up, even for a collection as they're so cheap
Back to top Go down
minitrickz.com
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Companies : Mini Trickz

PostSubject: Re: Ambition Deck Review   Ambition Deck Review EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 8:15 pm

That thing looks tiny!
Back to top Go down
minitrickz.com
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Companies : Mini Trickz

PostSubject: Re: Ambition Deck Review   Ambition Deck Review EmptyMon Jul 15, 2013 8:17 pm

WantSomeSlaw wrote:
Nice review, but I think that if the nose rounding is poor, the specs are different than what are said on the site, and the deck is flex, maybe 8.5 is a little too high. Maybe 8? Nice review for sure though.

I think the nose rounding looks weird because of the angle. Ive taken pictures of perfect rounded decks on that sideways angle, and it makes em look crooked.
Back to top Go down
deejaydestroy
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
deejaydestroy

Setup :
-woob rlx
-brt wides
-witchcrafts
-oaks

PostSubject: Re: Ambition Deck Review   Ambition Deck Review EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 8:59 am

Solid review, I will have to own one soon!
Back to top Go down
theshowof12
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
theshowof12

Companies : Cali decks

PostSubject: Re: Ambition Deck Review   Ambition Deck Review EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 9:35 pm

Nice review man. I orderd a custom one 2

Last edited by theshowof12 on Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
deejaydestroy
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
deejaydestroy

Setup :
-woob rlx
-brt wides
-witchcrafts
-oaks

PostSubject: Re: Ambition Deck Review   Ambition Deck Review EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 1:12 am

theshowof12 wrote:
Nice review man. I orderd a custom on  jun 26 2013  and then on jun 30 he message me saying he will send it next week.and stell have not rescived it its July 23 2013 and I live in the USA any ?
Jesus... in every thread.

Cant wait for mine, I had to get one of each shape!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ambition Deck Review   Ambition Deck Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Ambition Deck Review

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1