Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalDeep Forest Decks Cruiser Review Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deep Forest Decks Cruiser Review

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
yeekevin
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
yeekevin

Companies : Proto Fingerboards
Setup : Motherfreaking yes.
Fatal Fingerboards 32mm Triforce/Exotic
China Tape
White baseplates, TD Wide Hangars
Black Teflons
White FF G6's

Deep Forest Decks Cruiser Review Empty
PostSubject: Deep Forest Decks Cruiser Review   Deep Forest Decks Cruiser Review EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 9:59 pm

Deep Forest Decks Cruiser Review Img_0922

Deep Forest Decks Cruiser Review Img_0923

Deep Forest Decks Cruiser Review Img_0924

Shipping
The deck took around 4 days to get to me. Not bad considering it came from Vermont to California. You also have to remember that the owner can't control shipping times, it's USPS that handles it. tongue 9/10

First Impressions-
I was really surprised by the split ply, it looks really clean, and pretty nice considering he just started making split plies. The split is composed of very nice colors, it goes light to medium to dark. It was nicely pressed, and the laquer was smooth.
9/10

Craftsmanship-
The deck is really nicely pressed, very consistent shape. It's about 32mm at its widest point. The top ply was a nice darkwood, then maple, darkwood, maple, then the split ply bottom. The holes were drilled really nicely, however it could be slightly cleaner in my opinion. The split was very flush, you can barely feel the transition. The shape is pretty unique, rounded tail, pointy nose. I'm not the biggest fan of the pointy nose, but i guess that's what makes his cruisers unique. The sides of the deck could be sanded to be a little more even, a little better rounding around the edges. The laquer job is consistent and nice, still in pretty good condition after a lot of use. The deck doesn't flex at all, super solid, and you can tell a good amount of craftsmanship went into it. The rounding can be fixed a little bit, clean up the holes, otherwise pretty nice. 8.5/10

Performance-
The performance of the deck is pretty nice. The shape is unique, however it doesn't deter from performance. I could still do every single trick that i could do on a normal deck. The shape has medium kicks and a nice concave, so it really flows nicely during switch or nollie tricks in my opinion. Great pop, really fun to use. The performance i got out of this deck is some of the best i've ever gotten out of a deck from a smaller company. 9.5/10

Overall-
Overall, the craftsman ship can use a little bit of work, but the performance of this deck is great. It's currently my main, until my next deck purchase. happy I've been using this deck all week, and it seriously is one of my favorite decks at the moment. For my own input, i would mellow out the point nose a little bit, perhaps evolve this shape into something that looks a little more flowy. With a few improvements, these decks will no doubt be incredible. I can't wait to see how these decks turn out once his stock drops.

I give this deck overall a solid 9/10
Really pleased with the deck, Ian. Good job! very happy

If anything new about this deck pops up, i'll edit the post and make revisions to my review if needed. Go check out Deep Forest Decks!
Back to top Go down
morrowsnow
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
morrowsnow

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks Cruiser Review   Deep Forest Decks Cruiser Review EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 1:28 am

sick review dude!
Back to top Go down
Tom B.
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Tom B.

Setup : Weca Tie-Dye
BRT Wides
FF BRT Ed.
Slim & Catchy
Witchcrafts

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks Cruiser Review   Deep Forest Decks Cruiser Review EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 2:06 am

Great Review, the deck looks awesome too!
Back to top Go down
AmandaW
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AmandaW

Setup : Spectrum
BRT Wides
Grands
Witchcrafts

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks Cruiser Review   Deep Forest Decks Cruiser Review EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 2:42 am

Nice review and great tips for improvement!
Back to top Go down
ianbryce199
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
ianbryce199

Companies : I make decks for my self occasionally.
Setup : Pli Deck Custom
BRT Mellow Yellow's 32mm
Purple BRR Edition Wheels
Witchcraft Bushings<3

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks Cruiser Review   Deep Forest Decks Cruiser Review EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 4:56 pm

Great review man, thank you so much for prototyping one of my decks. happy
Back to top Go down
BrorS
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
BrorS

Setup : none unfortunately

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks Cruiser Review   Deep Forest Decks Cruiser Review EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 5:55 pm

Sick review man! The shape looks crazy, hhahaha
Back to top Go down
WantSomeSlaw
Trade Moderator
WantSomeSlaw

Setup : What's a fingerboard?

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks Cruiser Review   Deep Forest Decks Cruiser Review EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 6:02 pm

Really nice review! The split on the deck looks really sick too.
Back to top Go down
yeekevin
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
yeekevin

Companies : Proto Fingerboards
Setup : Motherfreaking yes.
Fatal Fingerboards 32mm Triforce/Exotic
China Tape
White baseplates, TD Wide Hangars
Black Teflons
White FF G6's

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks Cruiser Review   Deep Forest Decks Cruiser Review EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 6:18 am

Y'all need to hop on one of these cruisers asap!

My next review coming soon!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deep Forest Decks Cruiser Review   Deep Forest Decks Cruiser Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Deep Forest Decks Cruiser Review

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1