Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalZink Concrete Collection Review (Minibank, Manual Pad, Parking Curb) Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Zink Concrete Collection Review (Minibank, Manual Pad, Parking Curb)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bizbiz23
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
bizbiz23

Setup : Zink 32mm wide
YTrucks Y4
Substance THCa

Zink Concrete Collection Review (Minibank, Manual Pad, Parking Curb) Empty
PostSubject: Zink Concrete Collection Review (Minibank, Manual Pad, Parking Curb)   Zink Concrete Collection Review (Minibank, Manual Pad, Parking Curb) EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 4:37 am

Hey guys!  This is my review on the new Zink Concrete Collection that I got a few weeks ago.  It consists of a minibank, a manual pad, and a long parking curb.  I finally got a chance to check it out and was really impressed by the quality.  I've included a short video review down below as well.  (Right click + view image for huge images.)

The Manual Pad/Brick Ledge

This manual pad measures 7" x 4" x 1.5".  It's extremely sturdy, and rounded just enough on all edges for a smooth grind.  
The brick layer on top gives a uniquely rough feeling similar to riding over brick ground on a skateboard, and does not get in the way of any of any tricks.  

Another bonus is the weight of the manual pad. It's heavy enough to where you won't need to put any adhesive or tape on the bottom unless you're using it on a very smooth surface.

The Parking Curb

This parking curb measures 9" x 2" and is about the height of a deck.  Half of the curb (split hotdog wise) is smooth while the other half is covered with a brick layer on top.  
The bricks on this are more prominent than that of the manual pad giving it a louder and slightly rougher grind which you can hear in the video.  Once again, the brick doesn't get in the way of any tricks in or out of grinds.  
I usually use this obstacle as a transition from a low place to a higher place.  

The Minibank

Finally, the minibank measures 7.5" by 2.5" and is my favorite part of the collection.  Similar to the parking curb, the minibank boasts a smooth side as well as a brick side with an edge in the middle which
grinds very well.  The bank can be used as a ramp, a grinding surace, something to do tricks into, or however you feel like using it.  It's a very versitle obstacle making it fun to use.

Criticism

The only criticism I have about these obstacles is that painted trucks will not grind as well as smooth, worn trucks.  
Also, because these obstacles are made of concrete, they are more prone to chipping than stone or wood, so be careful not to drop them!

Final Thoughts

Overall, I was very impressed with the craftsmanship of the Zink concrete collection.  Each obstacle has its own unique feeling and use allowing for lots of experimentation with tricks and lines.  
The collection was also packaged well and shipped on time.  I'd highly recommend this collection to anyone interested in concrete obstacles.  You can check out the Zink Concrete Collection at zinkfb.com . Hope you guys enjoyed this review!

Here's the short video I did showcasing everything:

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/skatefallen91
WantSomeSlaw
Trade Moderator
WantSomeSlaw

Setup : What's a fingerboard?

PostSubject: Re: Zink Concrete Collection Review (Minibank, Manual Pad, Parking Curb)   Zink Concrete Collection Review (Minibank, Manual Pad, Parking Curb) EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 4:51 am

Nice review man happy
I liked the layout.
Back to top Go down
Twest
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Twest

Setup : Main:
-BeastPants
-Brts
-Winklers
-Witchcrafts
-Slim and Catchy

PostSubject: Re: Zink Concrete Collection Review (Minibank, Manual Pad, Parking Curb)   Zink Concrete Collection Review (Minibank, Manual Pad, Parking Curb) EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 5:20 am

Great review dude!

Back to top Go down
AmandaW
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AmandaW

Setup : Spectrum
BRT Wides
Grands
Witchcrafts

PostSubject: Re: Zink Concrete Collection Review (Minibank, Manual Pad, Parking Curb)   Zink Concrete Collection Review (Minibank, Manual Pad, Parking Curb) EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 8:45 pm

Fantastic review!

Those obstacles look soo smooth.
Back to top Go down
snotjob
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
snotjob

Companies : Deadcat Co.
Setup : woob
brts
wheels
witchcrafts
deadcats

PostSubject: Re: Zink Concrete Collection Review (Minibank, Manual Pad, Parking Curb)   Zink Concrete Collection Review (Minibank, Manual Pad, Parking Curb) EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 11:00 am

I need to get these badly
Back to top Go down
fingerfuzz
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Setup : Redemption fb, Roswell shaped trucks and cnc wheels. Redemption custom fiber7, Roswell shaped trucks, china clear wheels.

PostSubject: Re: Zink Concrete Collection Review (Minibank, Manual Pad, Parking Curb)   Zink Concrete Collection Review (Minibank, Manual Pad, Parking Curb) EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 3:11 am

those look very nice. thanks for the review.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zink Concrete Collection Review (Minibank, Manual Pad, Parking Curb)   Zink Concrete Collection Review (Minibank, Manual Pad, Parking Curb) Empty

Back to top Go down

Zink Concrete Collection Review (Minibank, Manual Pad, Parking Curb)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1