Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalClose up Gen5 Complete colab graphic review (A beginners viewpoint) Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Close up Gen5 Complete colab graphic review (A beginners viewpoint)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ConnorYoungFB
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
ConnorYoungFB

Companies : Noneee

Close up Gen5 Complete colab graphic review (A beginners viewpoint) Empty
PostSubject: Close up Gen5 Complete colab graphic review (A beginners viewpoint)   Close up Gen5 Complete colab graphic review (A beginners viewpoint) EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 6:10 am

Okay so i have been fingerboarding for around 2 months and i was using a techdeck 30mm deck up until I got this complete.
Close up Gen5 Complete colab graphic review (A beginners viewpoint) Dscf0610Close up Gen5 Complete colab graphic review (A beginners viewpoint) Dscf0611Close up Gen5 Complete colab graphic review (A beginners viewpoint) Dscf0612

Sorry for bad pictures haven't really had a play with my new camera yet. So first off I purchased it as the deck alone separate to the truck and wheel set, it was a decent price cant remember off the top of my head but it was fairly cheap. i have been using it for around 2 weeks maybe longer so i have had a chance to get a proper ride out on it.

It came in a bubble mailer and took 12 days to ship to my girlfriends here in the UK from date of purchase. The deck came in a big stash bag with a piece of pre cut foam tape and another stash bag with trucks in and a stash bag with the metal core wheels in. it was well protected and i was happy with how long it took to arrive as it was getting close to Christmas.

The deck is 30mm wide and 100mm long with medium to high kicks but I feel they are more on the side along with the concave. The graphic was printed nicely and is real wear so after seshing my concrete spot it has worn away a little so it adds a nice realistic touch compared to a techdeck. The pop is quite nice and hasn't gone sloppy and I haven't started to feel that flat feeling some decks can apparently get and the foam grip is fairly grippy and fitted on the deck prefectly. The mounting holes where fried nicely and the trucks fitted on them perfectly straight with no problems

The trucks were evenly painted red with a white close up logo printed on the hanger and had bushings which were quite soft and gave a loose feel to riding. The hangers were shaped different from normal china/techdeck trucks and there wasn't a mold line either so I was impressed as they were a quite low price with the wheels and also a tool. The wheels I was disappointing with because they had various imperfections and dips in them so it was unsmooth ride. I dropped Close-up an email and they are sending me a new set, its their last batch as they are changing there wheels design  i was told in the email.

Over all I am impressed with the quality of the compete and happy with it as a new to fingerboarding and this provided everything i need to move to a professional board to then step up my game.

Dont hate its my first review
Back to top Go down
Joe
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Joe

PostSubject: Re: Close up Gen5 Complete colab graphic review (A beginners viewpoint)   Close up Gen5 Complete colab graphic review (A beginners viewpoint) EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 8:02 am

Wish every beginners review was like this! 

Will be really useful for people looking to branch out from TechDeck. 

Thanks dude wink
Back to top Go down
ronan
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
ronan

Companies : Dual-digit
Setup : Varies by the day

PostSubject: Re: Close up Gen5 Complete colab graphic review (A beginners viewpoint)   Close up Gen5 Complete colab graphic review (A beginners viewpoint) EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 4:20 am

Are the wheels urethane or plastic? It's hard to tell from the pictures, but the wheels are the printed ones that say 'close up' right?
Back to top Go down
ConnorYoungFB
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
ConnorYoungFB

PostSubject: Re: Close up Gen5 Complete colab graphic review (A beginners viewpoint)   Close up Gen5 Complete colab graphic review (A beginners viewpoint) EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 9:26 am

Yeh they are the printed urethane ones, fairly trippy to be honest compared to my China bearing wheels
Back to top Go down
ronan
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
ronan

Companies : Dual-digit
Setup : Varies by the day

PostSubject: Re: Close up Gen5 Complete colab graphic review (A beginners viewpoint)   Close up Gen5 Complete colab graphic review (A beginners viewpoint) EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 10:46 am

Ahh cool, thanks for the info and posting a review!
Back to top Go down
thatfingaboardguy119
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
thatfingaboardguy119

Companies : dank decks

PostSubject: Re: Close up Gen5 Complete colab graphic review (A beginners viewpoint)   Close up Gen5 Complete colab graphic review (A beginners viewpoint) EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 3:34 pm

nice review man!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/thatfingaboardguy119
ConnorYoungFB
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
ConnorYoungFB

PostSubject: Re: Close up Gen5 Complete colab graphic review (A beginners viewpoint)   Close up Gen5 Complete colab graphic review (A beginners viewpoint) EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 2:54 pm

I Expect I'll be doing reviewon things I haven't seen on here in the future but also to give a view on someone that's just started and if I feel its good to purchase or not  happy 
Back to top Go down
Concept
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Concept

Setup : Weca Pineapple
TDLB
White Oak Mini's
White beta bushings
Creamy Goo

Brutal 'Bomb Shape'
Rasta Ytrucks
White Oaks
Red beta bushings
Creamy Goo

PostSubject: Re: Close up Gen5 Complete colab graphic review (A beginners viewpoint)   Close up Gen5 Complete colab graphic review (A beginners viewpoint) EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 3:51 pm

Closeup are a pretty good deal, really. I would also totally recommend them for someone wanting to branch out from techdecks but balks at the price of a berlinwood or whathaveyou. £20 for a complete is very reasonable (and they are 30mm now, as opposed to 29 when I got one, which is even better)

That said I really don't like the metal core wheels as, even compared to cheap china bearing wheels, they barely spin. The closeup bearing wheels however are really nice, a soft urethane that really grips well (though the squealing when riding on concrete is pretty piercing!).
Back to top Go down
ConnorYoungFB
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
ConnorYoungFB

PostSubject: Re: Close up Gen5 Complete colab graphic review (A beginners viewpoint)   Close up Gen5 Complete colab graphic review (A beginners viewpoint) EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 4:01 pm

What I did was put a little drop of olive oil in the metal core wheels and they rolled perfect and smooth but I got some allen key tuned China trucks and some China bearing wieels on it now because the hanger didn't align with the baseplate after anwhile, they sent me 2 bearing wheels instead of 2 metlecores when replacing the wheels so it feels a little odd bit oh well haha
Back to top Go down
snotjob
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
snotjob

Companies : Deadcat Co.
Setup : woob
brts
wheels
witchcrafts
deadcats

PostSubject: Re: Close up Gen5 Complete colab graphic review (A beginners viewpoint)   Close up Gen5 Complete colab graphic review (A beginners viewpoint) EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 4:56 am

get some good shit
Back to top Go down
TaylorT
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
TaylorT

Companies : Designer @ ¿Maybe? Skateboards, Live Video Director @ Westgate Chapel, Friend of Ollie @ Compiny Fingerboards
Setup : Until further notice:
Homewood New Mold (Red smokestack graphic)
Ytrucks X4 Tex Black
Flatface G6e's (or Oaks)
New Foamy Greatness

PostSubject: Re: Close up Gen5 Complete colab graphic review (A beginners viewpoint)   Close up Gen5 Complete colab graphic review (A beginners viewpoint) EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 6:32 am

snotjob wrote:
get some good shit
Dude... Don't bump 3 months just to tell a beginner to get better stuff. You are exactly what sucks about the fingerboarding community.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/FingerSeshNW
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Close up Gen5 Complete colab graphic review (A beginners viewpoint)   Close up Gen5 Complete colab graphic review (A beginners viewpoint) Empty

Back to top Go down

Close up Gen5 Complete colab graphic review (A beginners viewpoint)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1