Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalConsidering trying to aggressive inline skate... Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Considering trying to aggressive inline skate...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KuhPopie
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
KuhPopie

Setup :
my setup seriously does resemble a pickle

Considering trying to aggressive inline skate... Empty
PostSubject: Considering trying to aggressive inline skate...   Considering trying to aggressive inline skate... EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 12:27 am

I've always been good at skating, ice skating that is, because my dad grew up in New York and Pennsylvania playing hockey. We go to the local rink all the time and I have roller bladed many times before as well.

So I can do most of the basics of skating like crossing over to turn, skating backwards, stopping, etc.

I just need to know what pair of aggressive skates I should get to start out. I'm looking for a pair that is less than 150 dollars because it would be my birthday present and I don't want to explode my parents' wallets on something that I may not find very fun in the long run.
Back to top Go down
parrish
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
parrish

Setup : FBS
woob square kicks
BRT wides
green witchcrafts
oaks white+

PostSubject: Re: Considering trying to aggressive inline skate...   Considering trying to aggressive inline skate... EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 12:32 am

If you put enough time and effort into it it'll be fun.
Back to top Go down
Max_Geoghegan
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer

Setup : FlatFace G14 Face Shaver, FBS, Blackriver 32mm super silvers, tky bushings, Turquoise/Yellow flat face dual durometers.

PostSubject: Re: Considering trying to aggressive inline skate...   Considering trying to aggressive inline skate... EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 1:13 am

what size are your feet?
Back to top Go down
KuhPopie
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
KuhPopie

Setup :

PostSubject: Re: Considering trying to aggressive inline skate...   Considering trying to aggressive inline skate... EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 1:20 am

I wear size 11 in hockey skates.
Back to top Go down
Max_Geoghegan
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer

Setup : FlatFace G14 Face Shaver, FBS, Blackriver 32mm super silvers, tky bushings, Turquoise/Yellow flat face dual durometers.

PostSubject: Re: Considering trying to aggressive inline skate...   Considering trying to aggressive inline skate... EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 1:23 am

true i have some $70 frames ill sell you for $30, used em twice. and if i still have the wheels ill throw them in for an extra 10
Back to top Go down
Max_Geoghegan
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer

PostSubject: Re: Considering trying to aggressive inline skate...   Considering trying to aggressive inline skate... EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 1:25 am

plus shipping on those prices
Back to top Go down
Max_Geoghegan
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer

PostSubject: Re: Considering trying to aggressive inline skate...   Considering trying to aggressive inline skate... EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 1:25 am

the boots i have won't fit you though
Back to top Go down
KuhPopie
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
KuhPopie

Setup :

PostSubject: Re: Considering trying to aggressive inline skate...   Considering trying to aggressive inline skate... EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 1:33 am

alright, i will consider the frames and wheels. pics?
Back to top Go down
Max_Geoghegan
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer

PostSubject: Re: Considering trying to aggressive inline skate...   Considering trying to aggressive inline skate... EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 1:43 am

no wheels i just checked but pm about pics for the frames, I'm giving you a good deal because i haven't used them in a long time i stopped inlining and went back to skateboarding
Back to top Go down
TehBlazer
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
TehBlazer

PostSubject: Re: Considering trying to aggressive inline skate...   Considering trying to aggressive inline skate... EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 12:38 pm

Pretty much any skates will do the job, don't worry. Do you know what kind of frames you want to ride already? (antirocker, freestyle or flat?) Then again, what kind of boot? (v-cut with more flex, or sturdy boot with almost no flex?). Wheels duro maybe? That all matters, so we can build a cool setup for you.

I highly recomend Razor Genesys boots with stock featherlite frames. I don't know if you still can get Genesys 7.3 around your area but if so, they should be about $150.
Back to top Go down
efrandsen
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
efrandsen

Setup : Weca Hotdog Deck
Y-trucks x4 w/red Witchcrafts
Winkler Wheels - H2T2
+++++++++++++++++++++
BW Alva "Trampire"
BRTs Black Jacks w/black+white Witchcrafts
Winkler Wheels - B/W Junks
+++++++++++++++++++++
Woodguest Sailor 32mm
C4 Trucks w/ white Witchcrafts
Oak Blue Team RVs
+++++++++++++++++++++
Private Press - Mike McGill Replica
BRTs 29mm w/red+black Witchcrafts
Winkler Wheels Black

PostSubject: Re: Considering trying to aggressive inline skate...   Considering trying to aggressive inline skate... EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 3:27 pm

Or go for a pair of Valo V13s.. They're pretty cheap, but an awesome skate! And I love how they look like old M12's from Roces.. Old school happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Considering trying to aggressive inline skate...   Considering trying to aggressive inline skate... Empty

Back to top Go down

Considering trying to aggressive inline skate...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1