Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalIXO® Carbon fiber decks Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

IXO® Carbon fiber decks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
IXO
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Companies : IXO®
Setup : IXO®️ SK-01 32 MICRO Fingerdeck
Black River trucks

IXO® Carbon fiber decks Empty
PostSubject: IXO® Carbon fiber decks   IXO® Carbon fiber decks EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 11:43 pm

Pure carbon fiber prepreg fingerboards, vacuum compacted and cured in oven. Top class quality and packaging.

Probably, the most luxury and exclusive decks worldwide.

You can see it in our site: www.ixocarbon.com

Availables in 2 models: 29 mm wide, and 32 mm wide.

You can see here how our craftmen produce them: https://vimeo.com/73560240

Enjoy !

Back to top Go down
http://www.ixocarbon.com
Concept
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Concept

Setup : Weca Pineapple
TDLB
White Oak Mini's
White beta bushings
Creamy Goo

Brutal 'Bomb Shape'
Rasta Ytrucks
White Oaks
Red beta bushings
Creamy Goo

PostSubject: Re: IXO® Carbon fiber decks   IXO® Carbon fiber decks EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 12:29 am

Ouch! A bit pricey...

What are the benefits of a carbon-fiber deck over a wooden one? Is it not too light to ride effectively?

What are the kicks and concave?

They do look lovely, and I bet they slide like buttah!
Back to top Go down
Jaymes
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Jaymes

Companies : Arson decks

PostSubject: Re: IXO® Carbon fiber decks   IXO® Carbon fiber decks EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 12:54 am

Man I was just thinking about what I was missing in my life and then it came to me.. Luxury shoehorn.
Back to top Go down
WantSomeSlaw
Trade Moderator
WantSomeSlaw

Setup : What's a fingerboard?

PostSubject: Re: IXO® Carbon fiber decks   IXO® Carbon fiber decks EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 3:25 am

Does anybody remember the thread made about these guys just like a week or two ago lol
Back to top Go down
j peterson
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
j peterson

Setup : @indextheory

PostSubject: Re: IXO® Carbon fiber decks   IXO® Carbon fiber decks EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 3:31 am

WantSomeSlaw wrote:
Does anybody remember the thread made about these guys just like a week or two ago lol
i doooo
Back to top Go down
Jaymes
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Jaymes

Companies : Arson decks

PostSubject: Re: IXO® Carbon fiber decks   IXO® Carbon fiber decks EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 4:08 am

Back to top Go down
Dylan
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Dylan

Setup : Woobs on woobs

PostSubject: Re: IXO® Carbon fiber decks   IXO® Carbon fiber decks EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 4:43 am

i doubt anyone will pay that for a mold out of china most expensive boards on the market are like 45 get some better pricing
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/toxicjoke
snotjob
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
snotjob

Companies : Deadcat Co.
Setup : woob
brts
wheels
witchcrafts
deadcats

PostSubject: Re: IXO® Carbon fiber decks   IXO® Carbon fiber decks EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 10:44 am

thats some bullshit its china all it is, is carbon fiber its not like the get stepped on alot.
Back to top Go down
IXO
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Black River trucks

PostSubject: Re: IXO® Carbon fiber decks   IXO® Carbon fiber decks EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 11:25 am

Dear all:

We wanna say thank you very much indeed for ALL your comments, the positives and the not-so-positives, as they'll help us to improve our job in the future.

We would like to give some more information about our small company IXO®️, and also answer some comments or questions you write here.

1) We use only carbon fiber prepreg, vacuum compacted and cured in oven. This it's today the most expensive and technologically advanced composite material in the world at the moment, the same used by Koenigsegg, Airbus or Boeing, also ALL teams of F1 cars to build their pieces.

2) It's extremely hard and difficult to produce. Also, the dust produced when cutted or polished, it's one of the most carcinogenic products existing in the world, this it's the reason why we use a very special protective clothes, like astronauts ! Working under this conditions it's terrific heavy and hard.

3) We use to cut all our products just diamong tools, on a very expensive CNC machines, with a tolerance of just 0,001 mm. They are simply perfect.

4) In the pictures that appears one hand, it's just to show that it's a fingerboard, not a skateboard (as we produce either skates in carbon fiber). The hand belongs to my son of 12 years, and he don't have yet too much skills as fingerboard rider, sorry for it.

5) We produce all our pieces with a very long and carefully craftmanship process, involving vey high skilled tecnicians, which spend hours and hours doing the jobs without any hurry, with calm and care for the details. This calm and care it's exactly what we intend to show in one of the videos where we show how we manufacture our pieces. This it's the reason why we selects a calmy piano song, and few lights on the scenes, to remark that ours it's a artisans company, not a big multinational organization.

6) We never care for the price of our products, we just put the price tag in the end, after to manufacture the pieces, we see how much it's the cost. As we're totally alone in the CF manufacturing world of this special pieces, we don't care for any competitor, as less in the longboards or shinpads business, as we are the only manufacturer producing a 100% carbon fiber decks, with nomex®️ honeycomb core, so we don't care too much for the price. Also, as small company, we don't have capacity to produce tons of nothing, we aren't interested in selling hundreds or thousands of units. We sell very few of them, but for very very selected customers, that became friends and love their items, and we care of them as NO company in the world does. Just as example: the longboards have a full 6 years warranty period, during it, we recall back to our factory all longboards , once a year, during the winter period (when not in use), to review all of them, repair (if needed) and polish, painting back again as new one, totally for free. Not even Rolls-Royce do nothing similar to this.

7) It's "expensive" a deck that will last all your life ? It's almost imposible to break them, you can't do NOTHING with your hands to break them, not like the wood ones, that are very fragile. After 2 or 3 wood decks broken, your CF deck seems to became cheap, isn't it?

cool While all wooden deck manufacturers just drop on a plastic bag the deck, or some plastic box, or cartoon box, we ship all our products very carefully boxed in a black foam and a nice black box, perfect for a luxury present. This cost money also.

9) We don't use any griptape in the pictures (we know it), because obviously we wanna show the carbon fiber fabric and finishing, and allow customers to apreciate with how much fine quality the deck is done.

10) And NO, of course NOT any of our products are "made in China". We produce everything in the northwest coast of Spain, in Vigo. We hate China quality, it's just a crap. We will never ever produce or buy nothing from China, forget it. Even the molds we produce for ourselves, using aluminium T6 (aerospace grade), and our own CNC milling machines. In the case of the titanium screws we send with each longboard or skateboard, we bring them from USA, of grade 5 titanium. All other materials like carbon fiber prepreg (USA, from Umeco Group), varnish from duPont®️ (Switzerland) or nomex®️ core (USA from duPont®️ also) comes from the best and well know brands, nothing from China.

11) Yes, our CF shoehorns are the perfect sample that the most simple object, normally forgotten in the deep of a drawer, could became a work-of-art simply manufacturing it with the best materials available, and a lot of care for the finishing. Just as sample: the hardware which close the suede bag, it's made in pure silver. We don't expect to sell as much shoehorns as IKEA, but ours are quite different. 40 units of one model will be sended next week to one of the most exclusive hotels in Dubai, with the logo of the hotel engraved in each piece. This pieces will be placed in the suites rooms of such hotel (cost of 25.000 dollars per night to sleep there), where a shoehorn from IKEA would be "strange" as less... The customers of the Peninsula Hotel in Hong-Kong, which are transported from the airport to the hotel in a fleet of 14 dark green Rolls-Royce, fing our shoehorns in their rooms...
This are just some examples of why we produce such items. We don't expect to sell one of them to a teenager of 16 years, but this isn't also our target market, we know it.

This it's the video which shows how we work:

https://vimeo.com/73560240

And some reports and reviews about some products here:

http://footballfashion.org/wordpress/2014/03/30/ixo-pro-carbon-fiber-shinguards/

http://www.footy-boots.com/worlds-most-expensive-shin-pads-ixo-38167

https://vimeo.com/89841327

More information could be found on our Facebook page here:

www.facebook.com/ixo.ingenieria

Kindest regards to all of you

IXO®️ Team
Back to top Go down
AxelWahl
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AxelWahl

Companies : I own Weca bi$h
Setup : Weca
Blackriver trucks
Bawse wheels

PostSubject: Re: IXO® Carbon fiber decks   IXO® Carbon fiber decks EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 11:55 am

Thanks for this post! Changed my view a little of your company. Once I'm 'rich' (as I always say) I will totally invest myself one of these boards.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axelwahl
IXO
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner

Black River trucks

PostSubject: Re: IXO® Carbon fiber decks   IXO® Carbon fiber decks EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 12:16 pm

AxelWahl wrote:
Thanks for this post! Changed my view a little of your company. Once I'm 'rich' (as I always say) I will totally invest myself one of these boards.

Thank you very much Axel !

Greatings

IXO® Team
Back to top Go down
Frostie
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Frostie

Setup : Woob RLX
BRTs
Winklers

PostSubject: Re: IXO® Carbon fiber decks   IXO® Carbon fiber decks EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 12:16 pm

Just bought one of these... From the video, looks to be a really beautifully made product, but interested to see how it works/feels. Will post a review once it's arrived/set up...
Back to top Go down
BryanH
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
BryanH

Setup : Neztek Vulcan Custom
Brt's w/ Witchcrafts
G4's
Clean sheets

PostSubject: Re: IXO® Carbon fiber decks   IXO® Carbon fiber decks EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 12:30 pm

Please do a review^^^
Back to top Go down
Frostie
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Frostie

BRTs
Winklers

PostSubject: Re: IXO® Carbon fiber decks   IXO® Carbon fiber decks EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 12:38 pm

Hi Bryan... No probs man, will definitely write a review when it arrives... Having watched the production video, got to say this looks like it's a superb piece of craftsmanship, so can't wait to session...
Back to top Go down
callumfb95
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
callumfb95

Setup : Blossom 32.5
Trucks
Oaks

PostSubject: Re: IXO® Carbon fiber decks   IXO® Carbon fiber decks EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 12:48 pm

@dylan and snotjob dont know what your talking about...

these do look nice and well crafted keep it up
however the pricing is ridiculous they may be worth that much but people wont pay it, you should lower the price maybe to like 35-40 euros.
Back to top Go down
WantSomeSlaw
Trade Moderator
WantSomeSlaw

Setup : What's a fingerboard?

PostSubject: Re: IXO® Carbon fiber decks   IXO® Carbon fiber decks EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 1:03 pm

That large post totally cleared a lot up for me happy
I understand why the pricing is what it is now, but it is still just a bit too much for me happy
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : IXO® Carbon fiber decks J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: IXO® Carbon fiber decks   IXO® Carbon fiber decks EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 1:19 pm

Posting my response from another thread:

Mikkel S wrote:
Read through your post quickly, so sorry if i missed something.

I think your product is too expensive. I think your knowledge about fingerboarding is very limited.
The two following points shows why:

IXO wrote:
7) It's "expensive" a deck that will last all your life ? It's almost imposible to break them, you can't do NOTHING with your hands to break them, not like the wood ones, that are very fragile. After 2 or 3 wood decks broken, your CF deck seems to became cheap, isn't it?

cool While all wooden deck manufacturers just drop on a plastic bag the deck, or some plastic box, or cartoon box, we ship all our products very carefully boxed in a black foam and a nice black box, perfect for a luxury present. This cost money also.

I have been fingerboarding for 10 years. I have NEVER broken a deck. A good wooden deck is not fragile.

Fuck packaging. Fingerboarding is a scene where the philosophy "for fingerboarders by fingerboarders" is a main thing. Who cares if a deck is wrapped in black foam? It goes in the trash either way.

I'm not saying your product is bad, cause you clearly know a thing or two about carbon fiber. The thing you are missing is knowledge about fingerboarding if you want to be scene as a respected company here. The thing is, we are very protective about our little hobby, cause over the past few years we have been "attacked" by money hungry companies with chinese products and no plans of giving anything back to the community.
Back to top Go down
GeraldineMilne
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
GeraldineMilne

Companies : Teak x GrindSir

PostSubject: Re: IXO® Carbon fiber decks   IXO® Carbon fiber decks EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 1:42 pm

I think it's awesome that such a huge company with many interests and products takes the time to develop a unique fingerboard. From the video, it looks like a lot of effort goes into the design and making of the decks. But any fingerboarder who truly wants a carbon fiber board for their collection will most likely go to Nollie, who sells them for half the price: http://nolliewheels.com/carbon.html?&L=1

I get that it's a luxury product but that's not what most fingerboarders are after these days tongue

If I could afford one I'd try one for sure, they look very nice and I've never seen any other 32mm carbon fiber boards happy
Back to top Go down
Frostie
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Frostie

BRTs
Winklers

PostSubject: Re: IXO® Carbon fiber decks   IXO® Carbon fiber decks EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 2:00 pm

Good post Mikkel... but not sure I agree when it comes to price, which is always a very subjective thing and it doesn't really have anything to do with community. E.g. Are you saying that you'd buy one of these if it was 25 euros?

Think it's fair to say that while there's not much detail on the shape other than the pix, it's obvious that a lot of work goes into the production here. For me personally, I'm interested to see how carbon performs, and although I've seen a couple of other carbon decks previously, they've always looked pretty poor quality...
Back to top Go down
Bakko
Bakko

Companies : Primitive Decks Co.

PostSubject: Re: IXO® Carbon fiber decks   IXO® Carbon fiber decks EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 3:25 pm

Mikkel S wrote:
Posting my response from another thread:

Mikkel S wrote:
Read through your post quickly, so sorry if i missed something.

I think your product is too expensive. I think your knowledge about fingerboarding is very limited.
The two following points shows why:

IXO wrote:

I have been fingerboarding for 10 years. I have NEVER broken a deck. A good wooden deck is not fragile.

Fuck packaging. Fingerboarding is a scene where the philosophy "for fingerboarders by fingerboarders" is a main thing. Who cares if a deck is wrapped in black foam? It goes in the trash either way.

I'm not saying your product is bad, cause you clearly know a thing or two about carbon fiber. The thing you are missing is knowledge about fingerboarding if you want to be scene as a respected company here. The thing is, we are very protective about our little hobby, cause over the past few years we have been "attacked" by money hungry companies with chinese products and no plans of giving anything back to the community.

Also..talking down "all wooden deck manufacturers" packaging methods is hardly a professional way of building ones rep.. scratch

Wanna see what "luxory packaging" as well as display value looks like. Well here you go then.. cool

IXO® Carbon fiber decks 1069299_10151730588286001_645784655_n
Back to top Go down
j peterson
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
j peterson

Setup : @indextheory

PostSubject: Re: IXO® Carbon fiber decks   IXO® Carbon fiber decks EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 3:34 pm

i understand the pricing, they base it off of:
-the work of the workers
-the materials cost
-the time and effort
-the risk of health with using carbon fiber
-the machinery usage
which all comes into account with the price. it is a high quality deck and the shape is very similar to a china deck but im sure its not the exact same. they look really sick and i would want to see how it feels and performs as well. then again i would not pay over $60 for a deck that i could live without. keep it going guys and id like to see some carbon fiber ramps/obstacles next!
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: IXO® Carbon fiber decks   IXO® Carbon fiber decks EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 7:12 pm

"Luxury" seems to be a recurring theme and in my opinion that's what's attracting the negative feedback. A lot of people on here are DIY people so to sit here and talk about how we don't spend a lot of money on packaging or expensive materials is a little bit odd. You can pick any company in the scrolling banner and the one thing you won't find out about their decks is that they're "fragile". I think Mikkel and Bakko hit the nail on the head.

Last edited by Ryan on Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
LegacyFS
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
LegacyFS

Setup : Qdeck
BRT 2.0 Super Silver Wides
Substance THCa
Ace 3
-------------------

PostSubject: Re: IXO® Carbon fiber decks   IXO® Carbon fiber decks EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 7:22 pm

Great Company , But I dont think this is a product the current FB community would buy. Based on the price , other products. Of course carbon decks are reallly cool! But the point is there is already a big BIG big variety of decks available on the market for like half the price. Maybe you guys should try to make some other fingerboard products which will make us more exited, maybe like Curbs? FB boxes?

Anyway , No Offense I know why it is priced at this range , but I just dont think alot of people will be interested in these highly priced products while they're alot of other products on the market which are also REALLY durable and good for just half the price happy

Like to see more from your company man Keep it up
Back to top Go down
TheMotherDucker
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
TheMotherDucker

Setup : Board
Iron tire holders
Tires
Sandpaper
Tech deck bushings

PostSubject: Re: IXO® Carbon fiber decks   IXO® Carbon fiber decks EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 7:53 pm

LegacyFS wrote:
Great Company , But I dont think this is a product the current FB community would buy. Based on the price , other products. Of course carbon decks are reallly cool! But the point is there is already a big BIG big variety of decks available on the market for like half the price. Maybe you guys should try to make some other fingerboard products which will make us more exited, maybe like Curbs? FB boxes?

Anyway , No Offense I know why it is priced at this range , but I just dont think alot of people will be interested in these highly priced products while they're alot of other products on the market which are  also REALLY durable and good for just half the price happy

Like to see more from your company man Keep it up

RAMPS AND SHIT WOULD BE SICK
Back to top Go down
kiwi95
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer

Setup :

PostSubject: Re: IXO® Carbon fiber decks   IXO® Carbon fiber decks EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 9:01 pm

also your not going to gain customers by saying everything else is shit. packaging is not the biggest deal, so why waste lots of money on something going in the trash. also , talk to us as a person not as some ceo or some huge company thats trying to run us out of business. the shape looks bad to me. just saying, the packaging looks like something i would give to my grand mother on her birthday, most likely to just stay in the box. and no you arent the first to even make carbon fiber decks nollie wheels made them not to long ago they only cost 30 euro. not trying to hate what your doing ,because it does looks awesome. but its something i would never buy but maybe thats just me.
IXO® Carbon fiber decks Images10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IXO® Carbon fiber decks   IXO® Carbon fiber decks Empty

Back to top Go down

IXO® Carbon fiber decks

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next