Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalRubber bearing wheels Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rubber bearing wheels

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
johanb
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
johanb

Setup : Riptape extra smooth
Berlin wood extra wide
BRT
Oak White RV+

Rubber bearing wheels Empty
PostSubject: Rubber bearing wheels   Rubber bearing wheels EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 7:17 pm

Hi all!

This is my first post in here even though I am not completely new to fingerboarding.

My question is about wheels. But first a little explanation happy

I just bought some Oak wheels RV plus. and the roll great but I was a little disappointed that Richardo did not want to return one of the wheels because the bearings was exposed, so for that reason alone I am not going to buy from him again

Rubber bearing wheels Oak1

I was also disappointed in the hardness of the wheels material. This is my fault I should have done more research on them before buying them, but to me they do not feel and sound like skateboard wheels when you land tricks.

Right now my preferred wheels are actually teck deck long board wheels. The do not roll good at all but the material is of a smooth rubber quality that I really like. Obviously they are too soft and gribby, but they have a really nice sound when you land trick perfectly

Rubber bearing wheels Wheels

I would love to buy some rubber bearing wheels that are somewhere in the middle of the material used for teck deck longboard wheels and oak wheels.

And let me just be clear – I know different types of wheels is required for different situations and rubber wheels is not great for everything. But they will suit my needs well! happy

I have been looking at close ups new CNC wheels, but there is not much info on them. I have and old first generation close up (horrible deck and wheels) but the material the wheels are made of is not that bad just really badly shaped.
But it seems like they are making some nice wheels now
http://www.closeup-fingerskate.fr/closeup/shop-produits/wheels-shop-produits/
I think they are the same that roswell fingerboards are selling, but again not sure.

Other companies I have looked at are nollie wheels and grand fingers.

Soo what to buy??

It’s a jungle out there;) any advice or suggestions are much appreciated!
Cheers
Johan
Back to top Go down
callumfb95
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
callumfb95

Setup : Blossom 32.5
Trucks
Oaks

PostSubject: Re: Rubber bearing wheels   Rubber bearing wheels EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 7:22 pm

Close upcncs are just china plastic wheels and exposed bearings doesnt matter 1 bit...

Most of the oaks ive had have all had a shield or two missing but that happens anyways plus they feel amazing so idk why your complaining
Back to top Go down
johanb
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
johanb

Berlin wood extra wide
BRT
Oak White RV+

PostSubject: Re: Rubber bearing wheels   Rubber bearing wheels EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 7:46 pm

Thanks for the swift answer!

ok I wont be buying closeups then happy
Dont know about you but I really want what i pay for and I did not pay for a wheel missing a shield happy

But can you give some recommendations to wheels with the rubber'ish material? Do they even exist?

Cheers
Johan
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Rubber bearing wheels J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: Rubber bearing wheels   Rubber bearing wheels EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 7:51 pm

Maybe try and get some Ywheels.

If the newest ones arent soft enough, try and see if you can get some of the 1st generation.
Back to top Go down
callumfb95
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
callumfb95

Setup : Blossom 32.5
Trucks
Oaks

PostSubject: Re: Rubber bearing wheels   Rubber bearing wheels EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 7:53 pm

johanb wrote:
Thanks for the swift answer!

ok I wont be buying closeups then happy
Dont know about you but I really want what i pay for and I did not pay for a wheel missing a shield happy

But can you give some recommendations to wheels with the rubber'ish material? Do they even exist?

Cheers
Johan

Theres ywheels but I heard they suck plus the owner is a turd

Close up do the bearing version of the urethane wheels there pretty nice quality for the price

Also oaks only get better when using them use them more they will become super smooth and real nice grip!

Back to top Go down
j peterson
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
j peterson

Setup : @indextheory

PostSubject: Re: Rubber bearing wheels   Rubber bearing wheels EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 7:56 pm

i do think they  exist but you could put bearings into those wheels if you want. i know gabe (gabefingerboarding on here) has a set of bearing wheels like those that he made also most soft wheels are big squared wheels like those. there arent really many really soft wheels that are for street boards. i know that flatface g7 ethan ebling wheels are soft like oaks but im not sure
Back to top Go down
johanb
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
johanb

Berlin wood extra wide
BRT
Oak White RV+

PostSubject: Re: Rubber bearing wheels   Rubber bearing wheels EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 8:20 pm

Thanks for the answers!

@ Mikkel S Ywheels seems nice, but they are all sold out atm - maybe ill look for some 1st generation

@ callumfb95 cool I will ride them for the next month or so to se if they get better

@j peterson Sorry I should have clarified. Im not looking for the longboard wheel shape - just a bearing wheel with material like them or a little harder. the flatface g7 ethan ebling looks really nice! but you cant get them on flatface anymore?

Guess close up dont make urethane wheels any more?
Back to top Go down
Concept
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Concept

Setup : Weca Pineapple
TDLB
White Oak Mini's
White beta bushings
Creamy Goo

Brutal 'Bomb Shape'
Rasta Ytrucks
White Oaks
Red beta bushings
Creamy Goo

PostSubject: Re: Rubber bearing wheels   Rubber bearing wheels EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 10:33 am

As far as I can tell the softest legit wheels are Oaks and those ff G7s. If you want anything softer something homemade seems like the only way to go. Ywheels are much harder than oaks. Still soft compared to CNCs and most FF wheels, but def. not softer than Oaks.
Back to top Go down
snotjob
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
snotjob

Companies : Deadcat Co.
Setup : woob
brts
wheels
witchcrafts
deadcats

PostSubject: Re: Rubber bearing wheels   Rubber bearing wheels EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 10:39 am

u could drill a bearing whole into those blue wheels and put some china bearings in that would work good
Back to top Go down
Gabe fingerboarding
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Gabe fingerboarding

Setup :

PostSubject: Re: Rubber bearing wheels   Rubber bearing wheels EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 10:23 pm

you can't drill through a low durometer (softer) material cleanly I've tried many ways and there all super messy
Back to top Go down
Concept
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Concept

TDLB
White Oak Mini's
White beta bushings
Creamy Goo

Brutal 'Bomb Shape'
Rasta Ytrucks
White Oaks
Red beta bushings
Creamy Goo

PostSubject: Re: Rubber bearing wheels   Rubber bearing wheels EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 10:27 pm

Could you melt through, instead of drilling?
Back to top Go down
snotjob
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
snotjob

brts
wheels
witchcrafts
deadcats

PostSubject: Re: Rubber bearing wheels   Rubber bearing wheels EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 10:45 pm

try buying ff duromater wheels.
Back to top Go down
parrish
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
parrish

Setup : FBS
woob square kicks
BRT wides
green witchcrafts
oaks white+

PostSubject: Re: Rubber bearing wheels   Rubber bearing wheels EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 11:13 pm

Flatface wheels are practically hard plastic, the dual durometers are no different don't be fooled.  Oak wheels are probably the most realistic, other than y wheels so I don't know what you're talking about.  If you aren't using blackriver or ytrucks then the oak wheels won't perform properly.  If you'd like to PM me I can tell you how to modify the cheap trucks(that I assume you're using because they're in the picture) to fit the oaks.
Back to top Go down
snotjob
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
snotjob

brts
wheels
witchcrafts
deadcats

PostSubject: Re: Rubber bearing wheels   Rubber bearing wheels EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 11:27 pm

you could find a gauge the same size as the bearing and stretch out the rubber wheel
Back to top Go down
johanb
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
johanb

Berlin wood extra wide
BRT
Oak White RV+

PostSubject: Re: Rubber bearing wheels   Rubber bearing wheels EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 11:36 am

Thanks for the responses!
Seems like I have to modify them myself, if I want softer wheels, so I will try to do that.
If any one have and tips or how-to links to modify wheels it would be much appreciated!

Also where can I buy china bearings?

I bought some new longboards today (the ones with the white wheels)
Rubber bearing wheels Bildschirmfoto-2012-05-31-um-08.43.11

I will try to shape them to look more like street skateboard wheels, So any tips to shape rubber is also welcome happy

Cheers
Johan
Back to top Go down
Concept
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Concept

TDLB
White Oak Mini's
White beta bushings
Creamy Goo

Brutal 'Bomb Shape'
Rasta Ytrucks
White Oaks
Red beta bushings
Creamy Goo

PostSubject: Re: Rubber bearing wheels   Rubber bearing wheels EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 10:28 pm

Trent pulled it off really well in another thread:

http://www.fingerboardhq.net/t18858-re-shaped-some-wheels
Back to top Go down
justin cheeks
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
justin cheeks

Companies : S.O.D Money Gang
Setup : Ambt brts witchcrafts flatface

PostSubject: Re: Rubber bearing wheels   Rubber bearing wheels EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 7:10 am

No comply made a soft lab wheel that was similar to what you are looking for unfortunately it will be hard to find a set since he is closed until summer
Back to top Go down
Turnt
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Turnt

PostSubject: Re: Rubber bearing wheels   Rubber bearing wheels EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 7:28 am

Theres a guy that JUST RAN OUT of my favorite wheels in the world. Just what you were looking for.. no idea if he will restock them anytime soon or will ever sell them again. I managed to pick up 2 sets. If he puts more on ebay Ill let you know.

I know that these are nice and soft

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fingerboard-Bearing-wheels-C5-purple-Gator-tech-fingerboard-Deck-/330877025920?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item4d09cebe80

and from my knowledge he makes these himself and the other wheels he sells are china.
Back to top Go down
http://brutalfingerboards.bigcartel.com/
johanb
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
johanb

Berlin wood extra wide
BRT
Oak White RV+

PostSubject: Re: Rubber bearing wheels   Rubber bearing wheels EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 9:48 am

@ Justin Cheeks - Cool I will be looking out for those!

@ trent Witcher wow they do look REALLY awesome! Maybe exactly what I am looking for, Can you recall exactly what the wheels you bought were called? on Gators website there is ST60, STM, STS, WC60 wheels, although most of them sold out atm.

And btw really cool job on the reshape of your wheels!! But those are made of urethane and not softer rubber like the cheap teck deck wheels i posted earlier right?
Back to top Go down
Dave
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Dave

Setup : Woob & Brutal

PostSubject: Re: Rubber bearing wheels   Rubber bearing wheels EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 12:23 pm

Probably gonna get flamed for this, but have you tried the soft wheels from a TD Expert Sk8?

I was quite surprised when I got mine, though I only have CNC bearing wheels (these feel awesome on BRR's) and regular China bearing wheels, but the soft TD wheels feel nice, they are like the same material as the soft longboard wheels, the bearings are slimmer than normal single bearing wheels but they still roll fine on other trucks.

And also, the Expert Sk8 trucks aren't too shabby neither, they're way better than the tuned China trucks I have, so for £15 or thereabouts you could get yourself and Expert Sk8, so you'll get a half decent set of trucks and some bearing wheels too.

I have the Roskopp eyes longboard which is where I got my Indy wides, and the wheels that came with it are soft, just like the soft Expert Sk8 setups.
Back to top Go down
Turnt
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Turnt

PostSubject: Re: Rubber bearing wheels   Rubber bearing wheels EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 5:43 pm

johanb wrote:
@ Justin Cheeks - Cool I will be looking out for those!

@ trent Witcher wow they do look REALLY awesome! Maybe exactly what I am looking for, Can you recall exactly what the wheels you bought were called? on Gators website there is ST60, STM, STS, WC60 wheels, although most of them sold out atm.

And btw really cool job on the reshape of your wheels!! But those are made of urethane and not softer rubber like the cheap teck deck wheels i posted earlier right?

my reshaped wheels are some china wheels so I have no idea what they are made from.

the link I gave you is the only ones that are legit..

the dual bearing urathane ones I bought are sold by another guy ron mills on ebay hes not selling any wheels right now.

I do have some WC60s from gator but they are all gone.

so yeah id go with the purple wheels from gator in the link.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fingerboard-Bearing-wheels-C5-purple-Gator-tech-fingerboard-Deck-/330877025920?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item4d09cebe80

once they sell out.. that's fucking IT THEY ARE GONE FOREVER so buy some if your in need of thane...

Back to top Go down
http://brutalfingerboards.bigcartel.com/
sputnicwarriors
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
sputnicwarriors

Companies : RIFUDG (RFDG)
Setup : SKOWOOD <3
BRR
WC
OAKS
FBS TAPE

PostSubject: Re: Rubber bearing wheels   Rubber bearing wheels EmptyTue Apr 29, 2014 7:01 pm

y wheels
Back to top Go down
http://rifudg.bigcartel.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rubber bearing wheels   Rubber bearing wheels Empty

Back to top Go down

Rubber bearing wheels

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1