Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalHome Fingerboards | Exotic Split Ply Deck Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Home Fingerboards | Exotic Split Ply Deck

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kThumb
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
kThumb

Setup :
Woob rlx
Ytrucks/WCs
Subs
TNP

Home Fingerboards | Exotic Split Ply Deck Empty
PostSubject: Home Fingerboards | Exotic Split Ply Deck   Home Fingerboards | Exotic Split Ply Deck EmptyMon May 19, 2014 2:11 pm

Hey guys,
i got my Exotic Split Ply deck from Home Fingerboards a few days ago and want to share my impressions with you. There is already a review about the H1 deck, which is made with the same mold.

Home Fingerboards | Exotic Split Ply Deck SAM_2193Home Fingerboards | Exotic Split Ply Deck SAM_2191

Shipping:
Really fast. I ordered on Monday and received the package on Friday. Shipping was from Belgium to Germany.

Price:
Only 8 € + 2,75 € for shipping.

Content:
There was the deck, a Bollie-sticker and a business-card. The website says it comes with Home-tape, but there was no tape. I’m ok with that, as I am using FBS-tape anyways.

First impressions:
I was a little disappointed at first, because of the lacquering, the size and the overall shape. I was a little confused because it looked like a 4 ply, but that’s not true. You can read details about the issues in the craftsmanship-section.

Home Fingerboards | Exotic Split Ply Deck SAM_2196

Shape:
Home-decks were a recommendation, because I was looking for a symmetrical deck with mellow kicks and low concave. Sadly the deck is not symmetrical, the nose is higher and longer than the tail, both around 1mm. The width is 32mm and the length around 102.5mm. Their website says it’s only 100mm, but mine is actually longer. The wheelbase is pretty normal (only 1mm more than on my G14), so the nose and the tail are pretty long. The concave and the kicks are mellow/medium as mentioned on the website.

Home Fingerboards | Exotic Split Ply Deck SAM_2206Home Fingerboards | Exotic Split Ply Deck SAM_2203

Craftsmanship:
I was not very excited about the craftsmanship. But the deck is only 8 €, so I’m fine with most of the points.
There is way too less lacquering imho, the deck is not shiny at all. On some areas it seems like there is pure wood shining through, especially behind the dips.
The edges are sanded well but they are pretty square. Idk if this is just preference, most decks I own have rounded edges.
The bottom-ply is a little bit irregular. On one side it is very thin – that’s why I thought it was only a 4 ply deck on the first view. It’s kind of hard to see, because I guess the bottom ply on one side is the same wood as the ply above.
The holes are a little bit sketchy, as already mentioned in Home’s company-thread, but the trucks fit perfectly. BUT – and that’s the only point that really sucks – the baseplate holes don’t have the right angle, so the trucks don’t sit straight on the deck. I don’t really recognize it while riding, but i know it and that annoys me.

Home Fingerboards | Exotic Split Ply Deck SAM_2207Home Fingerboards | Exotic Split Ply Deck SAM_2200

Performance:
Despite all criticism, the deck performs pretty good. It took me a few hours to get used to that very long deck (it is the longest deck i own), but now i really like it and don’t overflip tre’s anymore – propably because of the length.
As i said above, nose and tail are very long, compared to other decks. That’s dope for slides but it also feels a little strange at the beginning.
The pop is… OK.  High ollies need a little bit more effort than it does on my BW, FF or Flaked. I’ve been just ollie-ing for half an hour with those 4 decks, so I’m pretty sure now. But, as i said, it’s OK, the pop is not bad.

Home Fingerboards | Exotic Split Ply Deck SAM_2205Home Fingerboards | Exotic Split Ply Deck SAM_2210

Overall:
Sure, i had a few negative points here, but remember that those decks cost only 7-8 € and besides the baseplate-holes-angle, the other issues are just peanuts. They're also a rather new company and i hope they are improving their stuff from deck to deck. Overall i’m fine with my Home-deck. It will not be a part of my favourite-setup, but i will definitely ride it.

Home Fingerboards | Exotic Split Ply Deck SAM_2208

www.homefingerboards.bigcartel.com

Last edited by kThumb on Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Twest
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Twest

Setup : Main:
-BeastPants
-Brts
-Winklers
-Witchcrafts
-Slim and Catchy

PostSubject: Re: Home Fingerboards | Exotic Split Ply Deck   Home Fingerboards | Exotic Split Ply Deck EmptyMon May 19, 2014 4:40 pm

Very honest review, good job.
Back to top Go down
kThumb
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
kThumb

Setup :
Woob rlx
Ytrucks/WCs
Subs
TNP

PostSubject: Re: Home Fingerboards | Exotic Split Ply Deck   Home Fingerboards | Exotic Split Ply Deck EmptyTue May 20, 2014 10:45 am

thanks Twest  happy 
Back to top Go down
Klarenze
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Klarenze

Setup : poop
stick
stone

PostSubject: Re: Home Fingerboards | Exotic Split Ply Deck   Home Fingerboards | Exotic Split Ply Deck EmptyTue May 20, 2014 4:03 pm

damn.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TwoFingerzz
K-A12
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
K-A12

Companies : 1-UP Fingerboards
Setup : 1-UP 33.5mm
Brts wide silver
Flatface clear blem z wheels with one brr edition gold
Wc bushings teal

PostSubject: Re: Home Fingerboards | Exotic Split Ply Deck   Home Fingerboards | Exotic Split Ply Deck EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 7:21 am

Finally an honest opinion on everything
Back to top Go down
Daloof
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Daloof

Companies : O.G. Decks
Setup : Tech deck flip with super slippy fome tape
Freestyle fb super whels
Hot rod fb trucks wit my bushin I made

PostSubject: Re: Home Fingerboards | Exotic Split Ply Deck   Home Fingerboards | Exotic Split Ply Deck EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 7:55 am

Wish more reviews were like this. Props on the honesty and the straight up real review.
Back to top Go down
Dos Dedos
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Dos Dedos

Companies : Dos Dedos Fingerboards
Setup : Dos Dedos Rasta Split Ply 32mm - bbr trucks - winklers
Dos Dedos Green & Lime Plys 29mm - y trucks - winklers
Berlinwood rasta wide - bbr trucks - winkler big daddies
Berlinwood camo classic - brr trucks - winkler wheels
Yellowood g6 - y-trucks - winkler wheels
Flatface g14 - brr wide trucks - flatface blem z wheels
100's of tech decks : )

PostSubject: Re: Home Fingerboards | Exotic Split Ply Deck   Home Fingerboards | Exotic Split Ply Deck EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 11:03 am

Honest good review thanks dude makes me wanna get one especially for the price. Oh yes the link to homes website on your review does not work as it has some extra letter at end of link
Back to top Go down
kThumb
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer
kThumb

Setup :
Woob rlx
Ytrucks/WCs
Subs
TNP

PostSubject: Re: Home Fingerboards | Exotic Split Ply Deck   Home Fingerboards | Exotic Split Ply Deck EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 10:45 pm

Thanks everyone, i appreciate it!

And thank you for the hint with the URL, Dilengner. I wanted to fix it, but there is no extra letter in the edit-box. I can see it when i hover the link, but can't delete it  scratch ... maybe a problem with forum software on here, idk.
Code:
[url=http://www.homefingerboards.bigcartel.com]www.homefingerboards.bigcartel.com[/url]
Back to top Go down
Fujykky
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Fujykky

Setup : Cowply 33mm
wide brts/med oringz&witchcrafts
Nolliewheels little stones
mob grip

PostSubject: Re: Home Fingerboards | Exotic Split Ply Deck   Home Fingerboards | Exotic Split Ply Deck EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 8:55 am

Really good and honest review! just the way it should be: point out the pros and cons without any other hassle very happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Home Fingerboards | Exotic Split Ply Deck   Home Fingerboards | Exotic Split Ply Deck Empty

Back to top Go down

Home Fingerboards | Exotic Split Ply Deck

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1