Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalHello Fingerboards Review Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello Fingerboards Review

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BryanH
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
BryanH

Setup : Neztek Vulcan Custom
Brt's w/ Witchcrafts
G4's
Clean sheets

Hello Fingerboards Review Empty
PostSubject: Hello Fingerboards Review   Hello Fingerboards Review EmptySat May 24, 2014 2:49 pm

I've got this deck direct from Dominic at HelloFB with tape stickers and pivot cups. I set the deck up with BRT's, Witchcraft Bushings, Flatface wheels and China tape happy

Shipping took around 3 weeks from the US to Australia, below average but not Dominic's fault. Arrived with extras and a sheet of tape. 7/10

First impressions, I was astounded at how nice the deck looked for its price. The lacquer was extremely shiny and smooth, the holes look perfectly drilled and the shape looked magnificent. The logo ontop was abit smudged and though the holes were drilled correctly, they were not aligned to the middle of the board which i will talk about in the craftsmanship section. 9/10

Craftsmanship of this deck is extremely nice. Ive had decks for double the price not meeting the craftsmanship of this deck. Dominic sure knows what he is doing, even though he does not own a metal mold the deck still is perfectly shaped, evenly pressed, has perfect mounting holes, rounded and lacquered to make a beautiful deck. The only problem with this deck was that the holes were not in the center of the deck. The tailside, was spot on. However, the nose side of the board's holes were to the left by about 2mm. This did not affect the performance but was just a little aesthetic issue that bugged me. 7.5/10

Performance of this board is interesting... very interesting. When I first set it up and tried to use it, i couldn't do anything on it... it took me a fair while to get used to which confused me. The shape was pretty much like a BW wide low (which i am fairly used to) with less defined dips and a longer nose and tail. I found my kickflips turning in to half-hardflips and tres turning in 3shuvs. I re-adjusted after about 30mins of use learning that i had to flick my finger more to the side rather than diagonally towards the nose of the deck. Because of the longer kicks, my fingers had to stretch to get my flips going which is peculiar because my fingers are average sized.

However after i had gotten accustomed to the deck it performed amazingly. My flips popped up to a nice height and i was able to catch my tricks almost effortlessly every time. The pop is awesome and the kick/concave made the board really controllable. 9/10

Overall the deck is extremely solid considering its price. Yes there are a few little things that Dominic needs the brush up on, but the deck doesn't only look great but also performs amazingly (after abit of getting used to). I would definitely recommend a Hello Fingerboard if you are on a tight budget or even if you are looking to find your new main deck to use. As a recommendation i would shorten the nose and tail to make the deck around 98mm happy 8/10

go check out hello: http://www.hellofingerboards.bigcartel.com/

PICS UP LATER!
Back to top Go down
Skaterd97
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Skaterd97

Companies : Hello fingerboards
Setup : berlinwood
Brt
china tape
Witchcraft tuning
cnc wheels

Hello Fingerboards Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Fingerboards Review   Hello Fingerboards Review EmptySat May 24, 2014 3:57 pm

Thanks a lot and everything said will be put to good use  very happy 
Back to top Go down

Hello Fingerboards Review

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1