Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSwitch Heelflips are the bane of my existence. Could anyone help? Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Switch Heelflips are the bane of my existence. Could anyone help?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Schade
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Schade

Setup : Homewood, Blackriver, Ruff

Switch Heelflips are the bane of my existence. Could anyone help? Empty
PostSubject: Switch Heelflips are the bane of my existence. Could anyone help?   Switch Heelflips are the bane of my existence. Could anyone help? EmptyThu May 29, 2014 10:41 pm

Okay, I've got all my regular and fakie basic tricks.
Hardflips, Inward Heels, Lasers, that kind of stuff too.
So... I felt like it was time to learn switch.

I've been getting into switch tricks for the past few months.
Needless to say it makes me feel terrible, hahaha.
Switch/Nollie Kickflips and 360 Flips weren't too difficult to grasp.
I'm not good at them by any means, but I can do them.

HOWEVER! Switch/Nollie Heelflips... I haven't got the slightest clue how to make these work.
The mechanics of the trick seem simple enough, but I can't get my hand to do it.
Does anyone have any tips to at least get me pointed in the right direction?

(also does anyone have a vid or gif of a switch inward heel? that's my long-term goal haha)
Back to top Go down
Boffey
Boffey

PostSubject: Re: Switch Heelflips are the bane of my existence. Could anyone help?   Switch Heelflips are the bane of my existence. Could anyone help? EmptyFri May 30, 2014 4:01 pm

This video helped me alot
Back to top Go down
James Johnson
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
James Johnson

Setup : Weca
BRT
JJ
FBS
FF teams

PostSubject: Re: Switch Heelflips are the bane of my existence. Could anyone help?   Switch Heelflips are the bane of my existence. Could anyone help? EmptyFri May 30, 2014 4:22 pm

finger positing is key for switch heels, shove your first finger right in that pocket
Back to top Go down
Schade
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Schade

Setup : Homewood, Blackriver, Ruff

PostSubject: Re: Switch Heelflips are the bane of my existence. Could anyone help?   Switch Heelflips are the bane of my existence. Could anyone help? EmptyFri May 30, 2014 5:05 pm

Holy crap! Between that video, Gary Chin's video, and that advice I finally landed my first one.
It was ugly as sin but it gave me those new trick butterflies haha. Time to practice like crazy.

I would have never placed my fingers quite like that. It's almost exaggerated. But it works!
Thanks so much! I've never posted any vids to youtube or anything before, but I will once I get these lookin pretty.
Back to top Go down
Boffey
Boffey

PostSubject: Re: Switch Heelflips are the bane of my existence. Could anyone help?   Switch Heelflips are the bane of my existence. Could anyone help? EmptyFri May 30, 2014 5:59 pm

Glad it helped!
Back to top Go down
Bakko
Bakko

Companies : Primitive Decks Co.

PostSubject: Re: Switch Heelflips are the bane of my existence. Could anyone help?   Switch Heelflips are the bane of my existence. Could anyone help? EmptyFri May 30, 2014 8:13 pm

It took me like forever to figure switch/nollie heels out. Just be patient and dont give up, even if it takes ages to get consistency or steezy efforts. Im still having trouble with mine..lol..but its what keeps it fun I think. The video that helped me out the most of all the tutorials out there was a combination of Gary Chin and Chris Daniels, but the Chris Daniels one was the one that had me figure it out. Also it helps to think that you are going to land or move your hand from you with slightly curled fingertips if that makes sense. So the deck like flips in the palm of your hand kinda. For some reason I find it best to kick towards the pocket and the other finger placed in the middle of the deck for heels, so weird..

CLICK ME FOR SWITCH HEEL FLIP TUTORIAL

Oh, and here is a nollie inward heel gif effort for ya..

EDIT/
Oh snap.....just realized you were after a switch inward heel...my bad! Well its the same technique only make sure you kinda snap tail and slightly push it in a shuv-it motion and then move your hand back and from you if that makes sense. Like in the nollie inward heel when the hand is moved forward in the same direction the deck is moving. Like when doing regular inward heels where one would move the hand slightly backwards. Be sure to post some result videos of your progress.. happy
Back to top Go down
Jacob Piller
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Jacob Piller

Companies : Former Owner of Tribute Fingerboards
Setup : Homewood NM Med, China Tape, BRT regs, and BRT Winks
Homewood NM Med, China trucks, China Tape, Solidifeye Wheels
Homewood NM Med, china trucks, china tape, Solidifeye Wheels

PostSubject: Re: Switch Heelflips are the bane of my existence. Could anyone help?   Switch Heelflips are the bane of my existence. Could anyone help? EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 8:33 am

Here's mine on Switch Inward/Nollie Inward Heels. Hope it helps man.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Switch Heelflips are the bane of my existence. Could anyone help?   Switch Heelflips are the bane of my existence. Could anyone help? Empty

Back to top Go down

Switch Heelflips are the bane of my existence. Could anyone help?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1