Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalDoes anyone know where I can get some of a fbs/foamy g/riptape type foam tape Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Does anyone know where I can get some of a fbs/foamy g/riptape type foam tape

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
milk
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
milk

Setup : califingers
creamy goo
tdlb
oak wheels

Does anyone know where I can get some of a fbs/foamy g/riptape type foam tape Empty
PostSubject: Does anyone know where I can get some of a fbs/foamy g/riptape type foam tape   Does anyone know where I can get some of a fbs/foamy g/riptape type foam tape EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 3:42 am

Ok so for a while I have been trying to find a place that sells what seems to be polyethylene rubber tape

I am pretty sure that it's made of that, or some type of neoprene or other rubber. I just want a nice roll of it so I can use it with my own decks, don't want to sell it or anything.

I know this is like a secret or something among companies but I pretty much know it's something like this: http://www.adhesivetapechina.com/3-1-pe-foam-tape.html and the thickness would be 1mm. Basically open-cell rubber foam tape.

If you have any info or anything please comment here or pm me, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Twest
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Twest

Setup : Main:
-BeastPants
-Brts
-Winklers
-Witchcrafts
-Slim and Catchy

Does anyone know where I can get some of a fbs/foamy g/riptape type foam tape Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know where I can get some of a fbs/foamy g/riptape type foam tape   Does anyone know where I can get some of a fbs/foamy g/riptape type foam tape EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 4:34 am

I'm pretty sure the tape everyone uses is Neoprene. Try Alibaba or Alixpress. I hear of people getting 200 sheets for $20.
Back to top Go down
Robert
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Robert

Setup : 卐卐卐

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know where I can get some of a fbs/foamy g/riptape type foam tape   Does anyone know where I can get some of a fbs/foamy g/riptape type foam tape EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 4:33 pm

If I were you, I'd narrow it down to 3 or 4 types of rubber tape (neoprene, neoprene sponge, etc) and get a tape company (like 3M) to send you a few samples so you can know for sure. Then go ahead and order a bunch.
Back to top Go down
milk
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
milk

creamy goo
tdlb
oak wheels

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know where I can get some of a fbs/foamy g/riptape type foam tape   Does anyone know where I can get some of a fbs/foamy g/riptape type foam tape EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 9:07 pm

Twest wrote:
I'm pretty sure the tape everyone uses is Neoprene. Try Alibaba or Alixpress. I hear of people getting 200 sheets for $20.

thank you very much!
Back to top Go down
LevelUpFingerboards
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
LevelUpFingerboards

Companies : Level Up Fingerboards

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know where I can get some of a fbs/foamy g/riptape type foam tape   Does anyone know where I can get some of a fbs/foamy g/riptape type foam tape EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 9:41 pm

Robert wrote:
If I were you, I'd narrow it down to 3 or 4 types of rubber tape (neoprene, neoprene sponge, etc) and get a tape company (like 3M) to send you a few samples so you can know for sure. Then go ahead and order a bunch.

Robert has the right idea. Every company has their own "secret mix" of rubbers and adhesive to make up their specific tape. I contacted a few companies for samples, some were more willing than others. What you will run into is a minimum order quantity on products when it comes time to pick one and you will quickly find that there are more bad mixes than good when it comes to what you are looking for as a fingerboarder. There is a company on Alibaba that sells fingerboard tape both uncut and cut. In my opinion that is a cop-out for rebranding it as your own company tape, but theres nothing wrong with getting it just to use personally. Most companies that sell the china made decks will also be carrying that tape if you want to try it before buying a large quantity on Alibaba.
Back to top Go down
http://Levelupfingerboards.bigcartel.com
milk
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
milk

creamy goo
tdlb
oak wheels

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know where I can get some of a fbs/foamy g/riptape type foam tape   Does anyone know where I can get some of a fbs/foamy g/riptape type foam tape EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 11:09 pm

LevelUpFingerboards wrote:
Robert wrote:

Robert has the right idea. Every company has their own "secret mix" of rubbers and adhesive to make up their specific tape. I contacted a few companies for samples, some were more willing than others. What you will run into is a minimum order quantity on products when it comes time to pick one and you will quickly find that there are more bad mixes than good when it comes to what you are looking for as a fingerboarder. There is a company on Alibaba that sells fingerboard tape both uncut and cut. In my opinion that is a cop-out for rebranding it as your own company tape, but theres nothing wrong with getting it just to use personally. Most companies that sell the china made decks will also be carrying that tape if you want to try it before buying a large quantity on Alibaba.

Thank you so much for the reply! I'm thinking about just getting a bunch and using it on only my decks because I don't want to spend a ridiculous amount of money on super expensive tape. I'd never resell tape, I'm not that much of a dickhead  afro 
Back to top Go down
milk
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
milk

creamy goo
tdlb
oak wheels

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know where I can get some of a fbs/foamy g/riptape type foam tape   Does anyone know where I can get some of a fbs/foamy g/riptape type foam tape EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 11:28 pm

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/finger-skateboard-foam-tape-grip-tape-free-shipping-by-DHL/504454_529563818.html can someone tell me if this is decent if they know or not. gonna try and get fewer than 400 sheets who the hell needs 400 sheets of grip tape
Back to top Go down
Mikkel S
Mikkel S

Setup : Does anyone know where I can get some of a fbs/foamy g/riptape type foam tape J9VuKBZ

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know where I can get some of a fbs/foamy g/riptape type foam tape   Does anyone know where I can get some of a fbs/foamy g/riptape type foam tape EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 10:53 am

You could also buy some packs of tape from fingerboard companies, and that way put some money into the scene.

8 out of 10 sheets of china tape are shitty. The purpose of it is to test a deck before you put proper tape on it.
Back to top Go down
milk
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
milk

creamy goo
tdlb
oak wheels

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know where I can get some of a fbs/foamy g/riptape type foam tape   Does anyone know where I can get some of a fbs/foamy g/riptape type foam tape EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 9:09 pm

Mikkel S wrote:
You could also buy some packs of tape from fingerboard companies, and that way put some money into the scene.

8 out of 10 sheets of china tape are shitty. The purpose of it is to test a deck before you put proper tape on it.

True. can you so kindly recommend me some tape that's good yet relatively cheap? I have the chape shit from broken knuckle or whatever it's called. It's relatively grippy but this weird stuff gets on your fingers. I absolutely love fbs but last time I used it was over 5 years ago. I'll definitely support the people who make decks but I'd prefer to support some smaller companies that sell good tape at a reasonable price (if that's possible).

Thank you
Back to top Go down
kiwi95
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer

Setup :

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know where I can get some of a fbs/foamy g/riptape type foam tape   Does anyone know where I can get some of a fbs/foamy g/riptape type foam tape EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 9:15 pm

milk wrote:
Mikkel S wrote:

True. can you so kindly recommend me some tape that's good yet relatively cheap? I have the chape shit from broken knuckle or whatever it's called. It's relatively grippy but this weird stuff gets on your fingers. I absolutely love fbs but last time I used it was over 5 years ago. I'll definitely support the people who make decks but I'd prefer to support some smaller companies that sell good tape at a reasonable price (if that's possible).

Thank you

here http://www.redwolffbs.com/product/rw-tape
Back to top Go down
AmandaW
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
AmandaW

Setup : Spectrum
BRT Wides
Grands
Witchcrafts

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know where I can get some of a fbs/foamy g/riptape type foam tape   Does anyone know where I can get some of a fbs/foamy g/riptape type foam tape EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 9:57 pm

Ace3 from Brutal!

http://brutalfingerboards.bigcartel.com/product/ace3-tape

The best tape I've ever tried <3
Back to top Go down
Frostie
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Frostie

Setup : Woob RLX
BRTs
Winklers

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know where I can get some of a fbs/foamy g/riptape type foam tape   Does anyone know where I can get some of a fbs/foamy g/riptape type foam tape EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 10:08 pm

Depends whether you prefer thin or thicker tape... If it's something a little thicker, Ace3 is great and we're currently loving Red Wolf tape which is ultra thin but great to use. FBS is still a good choice, and performs consistently well, but we're using a lot of Red Wolf at the moment too, so if thin is your thing, recommend you try it!
Back to top Go down
milk
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
milk

creamy goo
tdlb
oak wheels

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know where I can get some of a fbs/foamy g/riptape type foam tape   Does anyone know where I can get some of a fbs/foamy g/riptape type foam tape EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 1:14 am

Red Wolf FBS wrote:
milk wrote:
Mikkel S wrote:

Thank you

a little too expensive for me sorry
Back to top Go down
kiwi95
Every Day FBHQer
Every Day FBHQer

Setup :

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know where I can get some of a fbs/foamy g/riptape type foam tape   Does anyone know where I can get some of a fbs/foamy g/riptape type foam tape EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 1:35 am

milk wrote:
Red Wolf FBS wrote:
milk wrote:
Mikkel S wrote:

Thank you

its the widest and longest tape on the market and i sell 20 sheets for $22

ps also made in AMERICA not in china
Back to top Go down
milk
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
milk

creamy goo
tdlb
oak wheels

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know where I can get some of a fbs/foamy g/riptape type foam tape   Does anyone know where I can get some of a fbs/foamy g/riptape type foam tape EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 3:04 am

Red Wolf FBS wrote:
milk wrote:
Red Wolf FBS wrote:
milk wrote:
Mikkel S wrote:

Thank you

its the widest and longest tape on the market and i sell 20 sheets for $22

ps also made in AMERICA not in china

sadly I use 30mm by 100mm (yellowood z2) and my decks are like 32mm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know where I can get some of a fbs/foamy g/riptape type foam tape   Does anyone know where I can get some of a fbs/foamy g/riptape type foam tape Empty

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know where I can get some of a fbs/foamy g/riptape type foam tape

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1