Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalDying vineers with rit dye? Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dying vineers with rit dye?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
azskater234
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
azskater234

Companies : Skate Candy Fingerboards
Setup : It changes too much ^-^

Dying vineers with rit dye? Empty
PostSubject: Dying vineers with rit dye?   Dying vineers with rit dye? EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 3:21 pm

So im not asking you guys to tell me any secrets. I just wanted to know if i should mix water or viniger with the Rit dye? i have herd that water doesn't penetrate as well. if you guys can give me some pointers-that would be great! right know im using food dye and viniger and it works quit well but i would like to have stronger and better colors. like purple and black. thanks
Rockwell.
Back to top Go down
http://skatecandyfb.com
Jaymes
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Jaymes

Companies : Arson decks

PostSubject: Re: Dying vineers with rit dye?   Dying vineers with rit dye? EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 3:48 pm

I've just started using vinegar and it's seeming to work well, I found liquid rit dye at a fabric store and I thought there was only the powder but the first couple plies I put in came out nicely
Back to top Go down
azskater234
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
azskater234

Companies : Skate Candy Fingerboards
Setup : It changes too much ^-^

PostSubject: Re: Dying vineers with rit dye?   Dying vineers with rit dye? EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 5:08 pm

cool! i will definitely try that out!
Back to top Go down
http://skatecandyfb.com
BunavaSitch
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
BunavaSitch

Setup : bagel
mustard
cheese
slothpenis

PostSubject: Re: Dying vineers with rit dye?   Dying vineers with rit dye? EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 5:42 pm

rit doesnt work well for me but u could give it a try i guess but ive figured other ways that work much better
Back to top Go down
Turnt
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Turnt

PostSubject: Re: Dying vineers with rit dye?   Dying vineers with rit dye? EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 6:15 pm

unicorn piss works the best
Back to top Go down
http://brutalfingerboards.bigcartel.com/
Ryan
Ryan

Companies : Temple Decks

PostSubject: Re: Dying vineers with rit dye?   Dying vineers with rit dye? EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 7:08 pm

Telling you right now water works great with the right dye. Also the water/dye ratio plays a huge role so if you don't get it right the first time just try a different amount of dye or water. Same should go for vinegar.
Back to top Go down
Turnt
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Turnt

PostSubject: Re: Dying vineers with rit dye?   Dying vineers with rit dye? EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 7:34 pm

Ryan wrote:
Telling you right now water works great with the right dye. Also the water/dye ratio plays a huge role so if you don't get it right the first time just try a different amount of dye or water. Same should go for vinegar.

Yup. Be patient and use plenty of dye.
Back to top Go down
BrianC
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
BrianC

Companies : Pure

PostSubject: Re: Dying vineers with rit dye?   Dying vineers with rit dye? EmptyFri Jun 20, 2014 11:28 pm

Rit dye works but you have to leave it in the dye for about a week for it to get through the veneer all the way. Rit is very weak. One way you can test the power of a dye is to stick your finger in it a tiny bit and see if you can wash it off with water. Good dye won't come off right away.
Back to top Go down
Pureskate
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Pureskate

PostSubject: Re: Dying vineers with rit dye?   Dying vineers with rit dye? EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 5:18 am

Has anyone tried boiling the Rit and water dye solution.

I would think that if you boiled it first then put in the wood that it would penetrate the wood better.

Back to top Go down
Turnt
Part of the Furniture
Part of the Furniture
Turnt

PostSubject: Re: Dying vineers with rit dye?   Dying vineers with rit dye? EmptySat Jun 21, 2014 12:31 pm

Pureskate wrote:
Has anyone tried boiling the Rit and water dye solution.

I would think that if you boiled it first then put in the wood that it would penetrate the wood better.

There is NO need to do this.. I have some of the deepest colored ply's I've ever seen and I DONT BOIL THEM.

unnecessary

Go get some concentrated dye. Rit sucks.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dying vineers with rit dye?   Dying vineers with rit dye? Empty

Back to top Go down

Dying vineers with rit dye?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1