Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalHow to get cheap screws to rethread your baseplates! Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to get cheap screws to rethread your baseplates!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jared
Constant FBHQer
Constant FBHQer
Jared

Companies : birdslayer
Setup : birdslayer / creamy goo
brt
ff brr ed

woob rlx / creamy goo
brt / wc
winkler big daddyz

How to get cheap screws to rethread your baseplates! Empty
PostSubject: How to get cheap screws to rethread your baseplates!   How to get cheap screws to rethread your baseplates! EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 10:30 pm

All credit for this goes to movin like burnie for showing this to me! Props to you man!

Anyway just find a calculator and take the screws out from the back of it and they should be thick screws that work to rethread your bases! It's better than waiting for the yscrews to come in lol

I used it and it works, everyone try it!
Back to top Go down
WillianFB
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
WillianFB

Companies : fucking dick
Setup : BW Elias Assmuth
BRT with WoodyWood Fvcker Trucks Bushings
Winkler Wheels
RipTape

"Im' lovin' it"
by MC'donalds

PostSubject: Re: How to get cheap screws to rethread your baseplates!   How to get cheap screws to rethread your baseplates! EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 12:42 am

thanks man
Back to top Go down
Sync
FBHQ Beginner
FBHQ Beginner
Sync

Setup : How to get cheap screws to rethread your baseplates! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCT1rJn5v020_nIMFkTsbXYqO-pG-zJqYyUlXePN0bqHTUID2dbg

PostSubject: Re: How to get cheap screws to rethread your baseplates!   How to get cheap screws to rethread your baseplates! EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 8:40 pm

Nice just used them on some old base plates lying around.
Back to top Go down
Fujykky
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Fujykky

Setup : Cowply 33mm
wide brts/med oringz&witchcrafts
Nolliewheels little stones
mob grip

PostSubject: Re: How to get cheap screws to rethread your baseplates!   How to get cheap screws to rethread your baseplates! EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 10:00 pm

I used screws from a td longboard as they were a little thicker very happy
Back to top Go down
Dave
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Dave

Setup : Woob & Brutal

PostSubject: Re: How to get cheap screws to rethread your baseplates!   How to get cheap screws to rethread your baseplates! EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 8:29 pm

I stripped out one of my BRTs a few days ago now, I just stuck a drop of glue into the holes and put the hardware back in, haven't had any issues since, was devastated when it first happened!
Back to top Go down
Hector_riv1
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Hector_riv1

Setup : dank dek
brt
ff x wink weels

PostSubject: Re: How to get cheap screws to rethread your baseplates!   How to get cheap screws to rethread your baseplates! EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 10:13 pm

Dave wrote:
I stripped out one of my BRTs a few days ago now, I just stuck a drop of glue into the holes and put the hardware back in, haven't had any issues since, was devastated when it first happened!
only problem is when the glue sticks to the board, if u don't notice it right away you will have permanent brts on your board
Back to top Go down
Dave
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Dave

PostSubject: Re: How to get cheap screws to rethread your baseplates!   How to get cheap screws to rethread your baseplates! EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 10:53 pm

Hector_riv1 wrote:

only problem is when the glue sticks to the board, if u don't notice it right away you will have permanent brts on your board

It's all good, there's risers on it, and I only put a tiny amount of glue on them, plus the bolts were still in the plates too, I'm fairly positive none got through onto the board.

Got me all paranoid now!!
Back to top Go down
Hector_riv1
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
Hector_riv1

Setup : dank dek
brt
ff x wink weels

PostSubject: Re: How to get cheap screws to rethread your baseplates!   How to get cheap screws to rethread your baseplates! EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 10:59 pm

Dave wrote:
Hector_riv1 wrote:

It's all good, there's risers on it, and I only put a tiny amount of glue on them, plus the bolts were still in the plates too, I'm fairly positive none got through onto the board.

Got me all paranoid now!!
just warning u man, I think difference was I used a lil too much glue so theres an extremely shiny shape of the truck on the deck, plus with risers there should be no worry  elephant 
Back to top Go down
Dave
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
Dave

PostSubject: Re: How to get cheap screws to rethread your baseplates!   How to get cheap screws to rethread your baseplates! EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 11:59 pm

I dont really intend on removing them anyway, thanks for the heads up though man. happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to get cheap screws to rethread your baseplates!   How to get cheap screws to rethread your baseplates! Empty

Back to top Go down

How to get cheap screws to rethread your baseplates!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1