Fingerboard HQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalStripped baseplates? Here's another easy and cheap way to rethread them! Untitl12Rules + New Members FAQLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stripped baseplates? Here's another easy and cheap way to rethread them!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
milk
Blossoming FBHQer
Blossoming FBHQer
milk

Setup : califingers
creamy goo
tdlb
oak wheels

Stripped baseplates? Here's another easy and cheap way to rethread them! Empty
PostSubject: Stripped baseplates? Here's another easy and cheap way to rethread them!   Stripped baseplates? Here's another easy and cheap way to rethread them! EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 6:44 pm

Hey, so I got blackriver trucks a few weeks ago and the baseplates got stripped (meaning the holes were too big for the screws), and I was looking for ways to get screws to work. In my search, I tried calculator screws, yet the calculator I tried had screws that were a bit too small. However, I had some old china allen key trucks leftover, along with the little screws where the wheel goes. If you have one of these, you're in luck! Anyways, so I took the SHORTER screws, which are the ones with the shorter thread area and a shorter gap between the hex part of the screw and the thread.

Note: If you're going to use these screws for the back of the baseplates (near the kicks) you're not going to need to trim the screw. However, if you are using this for the front part of the baseplates, you need to trim the screw a little bit with some pliers, as seen here:

Stripped baseplates? Here's another easy and cheap way to rethread them! TimH5op

Now, the back part doesn't need trimming because the screw doesn't touch anything, as seen here:

Stripped baseplates? Here's another easy and cheap way to rethread them! BDA5rko

And all you need to do once you've trimmed is to simply screw in screws like you would any other standard screws. Obviously you need to use the allen key to screw them in, but it will be all good once you've got them in. The head does not stick out at all (for me) and you won't be able to tell the screws are there.

Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
WillianFB
FBHQ Regular
FBHQ Regular
WillianFB

Companies : fucking dick
Setup : BW Elias Assmuth
BRT with WoodyWood Fvcker Trucks Bushings
Winkler Wheels
RipTape

"Im' lovin' it"
by MC'donalds

Stripped baseplates? Here's another easy and cheap way to rethread them! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stripped baseplates? Here's another easy and cheap way to rethread them!   Stripped baseplates? Here's another easy and cheap way to rethread them! EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 7:23 pm

thx bro
Helped me happy
Back to top Go down

Stripped baseplates? Here's another easy and cheap way to rethread them!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1